logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Chicagoland ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Will be spending a couple of days in Chicago for the first time. Wife wants to go to Sears Tower and Navy Pier. If I only have time to visit one LGS what is the must see game store in Chicago? Anything else I need to do?

Post subject: Re: Chicagoland ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Chicago actually has a lot of small gaming stores - there's really no super big gaming mega store.

Of course I'm biased, but my little LGS is awsome - Chicagoland Games (aka the Dice Dojo) at 5550 N Broadway. It's a bit further north, but the guys there are great! (It's also where we've had the last 3 regionals here in Chicago).

As far as other stuff - the view from the John Hancock Center (one of the other tallest buildings) is better than Sears. It's a little further north, and looks down on a much nicer area. AND - you can go to the observatory on the 94th floor . . . or you can go to the Signature Room lounge above it. It's even higher, and for about the same price as entry to the observatory, you can get a fancy drink in the Signature Room. That's better in my opinion.

Also biased here - but if you want a really amazing meal - go to where I work - Perennial Virant (1800 N Linclon Ave). We have a Michelin Star rated chef and the food is amazing and reasonably priced (entrees are in $23-29-ish range). You won't find any high end restaurants in Chicago of that caliber that are this reasonably costed. And if I am working that night I will make sure you get a little something extra on the house. ;)

Anyway - when are you coming?

Post subject: Re: Chicagoland ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

The Museum of Science and Industry is incredible. They have one of the only surviving German u-boats on display and you can tour through it. They also have a "living" periodic table of elements that takes up an entire wall and has samples of everything.