logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: CVL 200 point round Results
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thereisnotry wrote:
So all your pieces were defeated? lol Then your opponent wins.

As far as this league goes, your opponent should probably get a full 200pt credit (which is what you get for a concession) and you would get the amount of points that you scored in the match (120, if I read it correctly).

Tint is correct. If you lose your whole squad, your opponent wins. Otherwise in 200 point games people would bring one self destruct mini that costs very little and try to win that way. In essence, your opponent gets infinite gambit until he reaches the total needed to win. (200 points in this case)

Also, just so you know, the only way to win before gambit existed was "How to Win: Defeat all the enemy characters."

All of obikenobi1's characters were defeated or defected, meaning dieandbemetal wins.

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Weeks wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP6EwqMEoE

sub "Piece" for "Word".

:lol:

I've been trying to search for a FAQ for Dark Times to see how Dark Tempation can be used.

Dark Temptation (Force 1: +4 Attack and +20 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11; if this save fails, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish.)

To me it seems like there is no requirement to actually attack someone that turn when you use it. I'd be happy to be wrong about this, and based on what everyone elses reaction to this match is, I think I am. Is there a FAQ that explains the uses of Dark Temptation somewhere?

I'd be happy to show this as a loss on my part and give DieAndBeMetal the full 200pts if that is how it is ruled. It doesn't matter to much for me. I made the squad based on what I observed from Ferus Olin over the years. People would do the Force Power, fail the save, shoot ferus and get the 27pts. Granted, they would do it during attacksm and you frankly wouldn't use this without attacking, since Ferus is a really good Bodyguard.

I'm happy to be wrong in this case about this force power.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

hinkbert wrote:
Were you attacking pieces with the gray jedis? Cause you can only use dark temptation immediately prior to an attack.

not true, dark temptation only adds to attack and damage, there is no requirement to attack and it does not replace attacks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:44 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Jedi_Master wrote:
hinkbert wrote:
Were you attacking pieces with the gray jedis? Cause you can only use dark temptation immediately prior to an attack.

not true, dark temptation only adds to attack and damage, there is no requirement to attack and it does not replace attacks.

According to Nickname at http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... 1/?pg=last, you need to be making an attack to use Dark Temptation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yeah powers like Dark Temptation, Sith Rage, Indiscriminate Rage, etc. can only be used when you attack a piece, and the powers are used immediately prior to attacking (so you can't "store" them, or try to trigger them before they could somehow be cancelled).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Yeah, that match was soooo weird. I was confused at the end. Very confused. Glad that is cleared up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:48 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Obi VS Jedi_master

Obikenobi1
68 Mandalore the Indomitable
29 Pre Vizsla
27 Demagol
24 Rohlan Dyre
19 Mandalorian Scout
11 Mandalorian Scientist
10 Death Watch Saboteur
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Jedi_master
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
36 Lord Kaan
27 Darth Bandon
27 Lobot
11 Darth Sidious Hologram

Lobot Reinforcements
(Lobot) 10 Rodian Trader
(Lobot) 6 Mouse Droid x2
(Lobot) 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Jedi Master wins 210 to 83 on Muunlist

Round 1, atton did damage, trader passed on healing (a common theme), and kaan managed to base and double bravado mandalore. Round 2, Dead mandalore, hurt Kaan. Kaan ran away and healed a LOT. Round 3, more things die. Round 4, blah blah blah.

Basically, the rodian trader gave a lot of healing out, which helped atton and kaan more than it needed to (I think I healed over 100 hp that game). Kaan took out like 80% of obi's squad, half of them without thought bomb. Atton did most of the rest (bandon having a lot of fun choking the hell out of mice and demagol).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:50 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

also, updated to here

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:56 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Jedi_Master wrote:
Obi VS Jedi_master

Obikenobi1
68 Mandalore the Indomitable
29 Pre Vizsla
27 Demagol
24 Rohlan Dyre
19 Mandalorian Scout
11 Mandalorian Scientist
10 Death Watch Saboteur
6 Mouse Droid x2

Jedi_master
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
36 Lord Kaan
27 Darth Bandon
27 Lobot
11 Darth Sidious Hologram

Lobot Reinforcements
(Lobot) 10 Rodian Trader
(Lobot) 6 Mouse Droid x2
(Lobot) 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Jedi Master wins 210 to 83 on Muunlist

Round 1, atton did damage, trader passed on healing (a common theme), and kaan managed to base and double bravado mandalore. Round 2, Dead mandalore, hurt Kaan. Kaan ran away and healed a LOT. Round 3, more things die. Round 4, blah blah blah.

Basically, the rodian trader gave a lot of healing out, which helped atton and kaan more than it needed to (I think I healed over 100 hp that game). Kaan took out like 80% of obi's squad, half of them without thought bomb. Atton did most of the rest (bandon having a lot of fun choking the hell out of mice and demagol).

Confirmed. KAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Updated everything now to here.

Dieandbemetal and obikenobi1 have reached their maximum number of games against each other.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

DieAndBeMetal over Jedi_master 215-50

My dice were on fire. Enough said.
Jedi's squad- Sith
120 Leviathan x2 51 Celeste Morne 10 Rodian Trader 16 R7 Astromech Droid x2 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
Mine- Corran JM, Anakin Solo, Lobot, TBSV, Klat Capt, Dodonna, Felucian, Dr. E, R23pio GH.

Played on Throne Room. I played very defensively and made him come to me with his hulks of creatures. I brought in mouse droids to use to my advantage, and it worked well (he missed a crucial one with a Levi)
MVPS were my commanders shooting like crazy. Mega shooters. Even Dodonna put 20 dmg on Celeste in 2 shots, and not on a crit. I had a fail anakin bomb, but my shooters more than made up for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

DieAndBeMetal wrote:
DieAndBeMetal over Jedi_master 215-50

My dice were on fire. Enough said.
Jedi's squad- Sith
120 Leviathan x2 51 Celeste Morne 10 Rodian Trader 16 R7 Astromech Droid x2 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
Mine- Corran JM, Anakin Solo, Lobot, TBSV, Klat Capt, Dodonna, Felucian, Dr. E, R23pio GH.

Played on Throne Room. I played very defensively and made him come to me with his hulks of creatures. I brought in mouse droids to use to my advantage, and it worked well (he missed a crucial one with a Levi)
MVPS were my commanders shooting like crazy. Mega shooters. Even Dodonna put 20 dmg on Celeste in 2 shots, and not on a crit. I had a fail anakin bomb, but my shooters more than made up for it.

Yeah, I could make saves but every time I rolled for an attack it failed HARD. I couldn't hit needing 6's and DABM could hit almost every shot needing 14's or better. Stupid corran and his jedi reflexes too, couldn't make rak's to hit him with, would have just fed points. Not that my squad was the most competitive :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:30 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry’s squad
--This Party's Over—
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
33 Captain Rex
27 Lobot
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
(200pts. 8 activations)
My reinforcements: Figrin D’an, Salacious Crumb, Caamasi Noble

obikenobi1
--Naboo No Nonsense—
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Captain Panaka of Theed
18 Klatooinian Captain
16 Queen Amidala
63 Naboo Pilot x7
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Salacious Crumb
8 Rodian Diplomat x2
8 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
(199pts. 19 activations)

Map: Obi won the map roll so we played on Throne Room; I deferred, and he chose the right side.

This was a really bad matchup for me, and it was back-and-forth the whole way. In the first round, I towed Rex to shoot at a Pilot, but I missed 3 shots (needing 7s). GOWK and the diplomats stepped up to block off Obi’s access from the top to the place where I had set up in gambit. I managed to safely kill a couple of Pilots, either by the use of Distraction or by giving them nobody to shoot at except for an unactivated and un-adjacent GOWK, so I was doing fairly well. But then a Pilot did 50dmg to GOWK on a deathshot (failed SSM and both fprrs), after which GOWK kept taking damage until he was down to 10hp and 0fp. He died shortly afterward. Meanwhile Mace took down a Pilot, who missed both of his deathshots vs Mace’s 26 def. My R2 died, and then his did the next round. We kept trading pieces until it was my 10hp Rex and 110hp Mace, sitting in gambit. Obi won init and shot with the Klat Capt vs Rex, but rolled a 1, and then both Mace and Rex made their saves. Rex returned fire, but Obi’s evades were 75%, so Mace had to run up and finish him off. Obi’s Spaarti then finished off Rex, and it was Mace-vs-The-World. Obi rolled a 20 for Reserves with Yularen; I expected that he’d bring in 2 more Pilots for the auto-win, but instead he brought in 2 Gungan Artillerists (misreading the Cestas, thinking that they would activate non-droids…). My saves were really good for the most part until the end, when I ran out of fp. During that time, Mace took his time, dropping Yularen, then Panaka (crit), then Padme (crit), and finally Obi’s last Spaarti and a Diplomat. I was now at 199pts and Mace was just outside of gambit, with 10hp. The next round, Mace walked into gambit where Obi couldn’t draw a LOS for a final Cesta shot. The dice took some big turns throughout the game, with Obi doing epic fails on his SSM saves and Obi rolling incredibly hot for his attacks for a while, and then his attacks were 5s ans 1s, while my saves were solid. Thanks for the game, Obi!

I won a nail-biter on gambit, 204-136.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
thereisnotry’s squad
--This Party's Over—
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
33 Captain Rex
27 Lobot
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
(200pts. 8 activations)
My reinforcements: Figrin D’an, Salacious Crumb, Caamasi Noble

obikenobi1
--Naboo No Nonsense—
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Captain Panaka of Theed
18 Klatooinian Captain
16 Queen Amidala
63 Naboo Pilot x7
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Salacious Crumb
8 Rodian Diplomat x2
8 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
(199pts. 19 activations)

Map: Obi won the map roll so we played on Throne Room; I deferred, and he chose the right side.

This was a really bad matchup for me, and it was back-and-forth the whole way. In the first round, I towed Rex to shoot at a Pilot, but I missed 3 shots (needing 7s). GOWK and the diplomats stepped up to block off Obi’s access from the top to the place where I had set up in gambit. I managed to safely kill a couple of Pilots, either by the use of Distraction or by giving them nobody to shoot at except for an unactivated and un-adjacent GOWK, so I was doing fairly well. But then a Pilot did 50dmg to GOWK on a deathshot (failed SSM and both fprrs), after which GOWK kept taking damage until he was down to 10hp and 0fp. He died shortly afterward. Meanwhile Mace took down a Pilot, who missed both of his deathshots vs Mace’s 26 def. My R2 died, and then his did the next round. We kept trading pieces until it was my 10hp Rex and 110hp Mace, sitting in gambit. Obi won init and shot with the Klat Capt vs Rex, but rolled a 1, and then both Mace and Rex made their saves. Rex returned fire, but Obi’s evades were 75%, so Mace had to run up and finish him off. Obi’s Spaarti then finished off Rex, and it was Mace-vs-The-World. Obi rolled a 20 for Reserves with Yularen; I expected that he’d bring in 2 more Pilots for the auto-win, but instead he brought in 2 Gungan Artillerists (misreading the Cestas, thinking that they would activate non-droids…). My saves were really good for the most part until the end, when I ran out of fp. During that time, Mace took his time, dropping Yularen, then Panaka (crit), then Padme (crit), and finally Obi’s last Spaarti and a Diplomat. I was now at 199pts and Mace was just outside of gambit, with 10hp. The next round, Mace walked into gambit where Obi couldn’t draw a LOS for a final Cesta shot. The dice took some big turns throughout the game, with Obi doing epic fails on his SSM saves and Obi rolling incredibly hot for his attacks for a while, and then his attacks were 5s ans 1s, while my saves were solid. Thanks for the game, Obi!

I won a nail-biter on gambit, 204-136.

Confirmed. Nothing more frustrating than losing to a 10 HP Mace sitting in gambit. Good game, and it would have been more different had I not rolled so awful in the beginning of the game. Your evade saves were really good with Figrin Dian, which wasted a pilots turn to try and finish it off. I shouldh ave brought in 2 pilots with my reserves. Hindsight is always 20/20 i guess. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dieandbemetal vs Jedi_master

Jedi_master wins 225 to 114

JM's squad:

37 Grand Admiral Thrawn
28 General Weir
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
68 Storm Commando x4
11 Admiral Ozzel
10 Figrin D'an
8 Mas Amedda

DabM's squad:

Atris
Other thrawn
Echani handmaiden X3
Jabba crime lord
General Veers (rs version)
Rodian X2
Uggo D
R7 astromech

(think that was all of it...)

Alright, this was just about the longest 200 point game of swm I've ever played. It went at least 7 rounds and boy were there a lot of key moments for each side. First one came round 2 when my storm commando bit it to an echani. That was followed up by another one basing it then scoring all 4 hits needing 9's or better. Next round the SC took it up the butt after DabM made two draw fire saves, making every attack, and my SC making one evade out of 4 but making EVERY shield save. Then the crits started. They really started. Dan got a draw fire, crit hit on him, crit 20 save, second shot crit hit, evade save number two. Dan saved for over 100 damage that game, though his shining moment was when an echani based him and rolled a 1, allowing for the afore mentioned SC to get all four hits then die to bad placement on my part. Then, veers stuck his neck out to far to kill off an SC and took 60 from wier which messed up DabM's tempo a tun. A round later an SC got off two grenades, killing a handmaiden and damaging the other. One handmaiden and two SC's left over. The one SC died having only 10 hp left and being in the middle of the rest of DabM's squad. The other took out veers with another grenade and that was the end of it. Two rounds later the stealthy SC and Wier killed off atris and the last handmaiden (though, it was a crit from Mas that killed the handmaiden).

In the end, long game that had a good dice favor of me for a change ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Confirmed. What a game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

DieAndBeMetal once again Figrin D'an is laughing at you haha.