logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: OH Regional results
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:48 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

We had 7 people show up, with Nader represeneting NY and Hink coming from PA. The top 4 were:

1. Hinkbert (Josh Hinkel) with Homicidal Mace part Deux
2. Darph Nader (Gerry Russel) Wier Back from Vacation
3. Jak with Blasters in the Air (OR Handmaidens)
4. JuiceMan (Joe) with Zannah's Mechanical Ball

2 Republic
2 Sith
1 OR
1 Mando
1 Imp

more to follow.....

Post subject: Re: OH Regional results
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

ooh

Who won?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:31 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Me and Hinkbert faced off in the finals and the Republic was victorious. The addition of a Gungan Shieldbearer proved to be insurmountable, as it effectively nerfed all of my tricks to boost the SC's attack bonus.

In two matches with Josh I failed all but one save against the Shieldbearer. The final insult came when I crit Mace and failed all three saves coming back UUGH! Certainly well played match on both parts as both Josh and I knew it would be on right from the start.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:03 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

All right, so here we go. Initially Nader and I discussed not running our "go to" squads, he was going to run a Seppy squad and I was going to run Sith. We then decide, eff that considering this was a regional, and ran our regular squads to see who was better since we'd most likely face off at some point.

Homicidal Mace part Deux
65: Mace Windu LotLS
55: GOWK
27: Lobot
23: Foul Moudama
19: Gungan Shieldbearer
9: R2
3: Uggie
Map Choice: (not so)Peaceful City

So I dropped Dr. E. for the shieldbearer figuring I'd run into quite a few shooters and I wanted to see how that would work out for me.

1st Round vs Joe and his Gowk/Mace with Atin and Darmin
I bring in Ponda and Crumb
We positioned some round 1 and he left R2 in front of Mace. Round 2 I have Foul run in with Gowk and push the droid and knock back Mace. I felt pretty good until Darmin came in and grenaded Gowk and Foul for 40 each. His Mace then attacked Gowk, but only put 20 dmg on him. So I brought my Mace in and attacked. He had not crits and I absorbed his Mace's first riposte unfortunately on the second he crits. So both our Maces are at 80. I win init and attack again and again no crits. Mace absorbs the first riposte, but I decide to let him do the second so I can riposte back. He crits. Again. So both Maces went down. He then get's his own force push off and I'm left with GOWK with 30 left, Ponda with 30 left, and Foul with 20 left (plus Lobot hanging back). He has a near full health Gowk, Darmin at full, and Atin at 50 left. I run away into gambit, everyone dies but Gowk (who saves like a champ) and I eventually crit his Gowk to death. At this point, thanks to mucho rounds of gambit, I'm only 23 points from 200 so I base Atin and hit. He tries to run away and Gowk crits on the Aoo. Shouldn't have won that game, but some late game smart plays and a little luck saved my butt.

3 point win

2nd vs the JuiceMan (Joe) and his Zannah/Atton droid squad (SHAD and an Iggy)
I bring in Dr. Evazan and a Gran
We play on Spynet. I set up Mace in gambit and as his only target, with the shieldbearer adjacent. We then position some, then Fould takes Mace in to kill Atton, and then his Iggy next round. Mace and Zannah trade hits and Zannah saves a lot. I use Dr. E. to heal Mace and Gowk slowly wittles down his SHAD. Mace is eventually able to take down Zannah and then I clean up his extras until I get 200 points.

3 point win.

3rd vs Darph Nader and his Weir back from Vacation (stormies with Wier, Double Bubble, and Veers)
I bring in Figrin D'an and a Twi'lek BG
Here's the match up he and I waited for. I win map roll. and get my pieces into gambit. He made an error of bring wicket in too close and Mace ran out to kill him, and then ran back. He was never able to hit Mace but once, which I used the BG for. I was then able to get a stormie and his aqualish with Mace and I eventually Mace got to Weir and killed him. It would've been a much quicker match, except he rolled 3 6's and so got to bring in pieces with Ozzel, including a rather annoying Bothan Saboteur and 2 extra stormies.

2 point win

Semi Finals vs Jak and his OR Handmaidens
I bring in Dr. E, and the Gran again
I win map, and realizing he only needs 11s to hit Mace in cover with Bastila and Atris doing their thing, I make sure to keep the Shieldbearer safe. Mace was able to run out early and get one handmaiden, before running back to safety. The shieldbearer does his thing and 1 handmaiden kills herself and another takes 30 back. He brings in Brianna, wins init and does 60 dmg to Mace, Dr. E heals Mace, and Mace then proceeds to destroy Brianna. I kill the final wounded HM and then rush Gowk and Mace up to Bastila and Atris so they can clean up.

3 point win and on to the finals.

Finals vs Nader (again)
I decide to bring in Dr. E. and the Gran this time
He wins map and we play on asteroid base. I set up on the more clustered side and he sets up near the landing bay/open area place. I bunch my guys in a nook, with Mace as the only target, should Nader decide to run someone that far. He doesn't. Instead he swaps Ozzel into gambit and hopes I'll kill him next round. This, I'm happy to do (remembering the 3 6's from the last game). So Mace mobiles out, kills Ozzel, then gets in cover with the Shieldbearer behind him. Nader takes his chances, and actually get some hits, unfortunately he fails every energy shield save, including one attack that was a crit. Thankfully for most of his stormies stay alive due to their shields, but unfortunately for Nader he bunched Weir, Wicket, and Thrawn together. So after his initial attack 3rd round, Mace runs in with R2 to slaughter Weir and wicket. Foul the takes Gowk to kill a stormie and Nader is left with Thrawn, 1 stormie, Pellaeon, Veers, Lobot, and Mas. So, it becomes clean up at this point since Mace and Gowk were both at full health, Gowk kills the final stormie and Mace takes down Thrawn.

I earn my second regional win.

I would like to send a huge thanks to Jak for hosting the tourny and for putting me up for 2 nights so I could play. Jak, you had awesome prize support and those guys that flaked out on us by not showing up are total nerd dogs. Also, Engineer shows his aplomb once again with his trophies. They are totally wizard and I love the pipes on the first place trophy.

Also, Jak decided to do the contest where contestants keep track of total rounds, gambit, 20s, 1s, and made saves. This is an excellent idea and I hope it catches on at more regionals. It adds a fun dimension to playing and it encourages people to play their games out so they are given an incentive to not concede. Kudos, Jak, that was a well made choice.

Now, onto to Delaware!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Welcome to the 2+ regional wins club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Fantastic Four Tile Wars Results

On Friday night we ran a Tile Wars tourny with 5 players. The squads were:

Hinkbert: Marka Ragnos, Revan, Zannah, Exar DFS on Control Car
Darph Nader: GMLS, Ganner, Kyp, HK-47 on Detention Block
Jak: GMLS, Vergere, Jacen, R2-P0 on Empty Car
Juiceman: 2x Nightsister Rancors, Durge, Whorm on Detention Block
Nader's Son: Vader Legacy, Anteres Drace, AT-ST, Blizzard Scout

I won the tourny and here's a quick rundown.

1st round vs Jak
I set up Dark Aura first round, and at the beginning of round 2 I killed R2-P0 and Vergere, then I started on Jacen. By the end of the 3rd round he only had GMLS left, and his ability to Djem was severly nerfed by Exar so my guys took him down easily.

2nd round vs Juiceman
With my guys only being melee Joe was able to keep Whorm and Durge behind his 2 Rancors. So I set up Dark Aura again and have to wear down his Rancors with my guys, while surviving his durge assault. He was able to get Ragnos, while I killed the first Rancor. I then corrupted the rest of his guys and continued to wear down his 2nd rancor. Thankfully Zannah sent a shot back to Durge with LCE and I was able to kill Durge with a severly wounded Zannah and Revan.

3rd (final) round vs Nader
I made a huge error by putting Zannah and Marka next to each other at the edge of my tile. Nader had set up his 4 guys together, so I was gonna use sith sorcery, then trigger a corruption with Zannah via Marka's ce. I forgot that HK had disruptive (even though I suggested the piece to Nader, d'oh). So I just did corruption (which proved to be huge). He then activated Kyp and used FP5 doing 30 to Zannah (she used bubble) and 50 to Marka who was then activated. I then screwed up again and sent Revan to far in, and he levitated GMLS adjacent to Revan and tore him up. Thankfully through out the game GMLS failed his corruption save (thanks Dark Aura) and took a total of 120 damage. So at the end it comes down to Luke with 30 left, HK with 40, Zannah with i think half health and Exar. I decided to take down HK (I don't know why, I guess I thought GMLS would get corrupted again). So I took out HK, Nader won init, made his save and went after Zannah. She used soresu on the first attack, and then GMLS rolled a 20. Then, wait for it.......Zannah rolls a 20 right back, triggering LCE, and Luke goes down.

So, that was Fantastic Four Tile Wars, and this was the first time I played TW irl and it was super fun. Fantastic Four was a superb choice for this format imo, and I hope to play it again soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

And so this is how the weekend was to go.... Some of the worst die rolling by far in a long time. :lol: Truly theatre of the absurd!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Nevertheless a big thanks to Jak for organizing the Regional, the prize support and venue were first rate.

However I am disappointed for him that he was largely stood up by his local contigent after correspondence to the contrary, that is totally unwizard!

For those who did show, it was great meeting Dennis, Joe & Dale.

Congrats to Josh on his second regional, a hat-trick is a pretty tough order to fill. ;)

Jak a special thank you for you and your family's hospitality and to Juicy ditch that August picinic so we can go to GenCon.

That is all.... end transmission....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

hinkbert wrote:
Fantastic Four Tile Wars Results

On Friday night we ran a Tile Wars tourny with 5 players. The squads were:

Hinkbert: Marka Ragnos, Revan, Zannah, Exar DFS on Control Car
Darph Nader: GMLS, Ganner, Kyp, HK-47 on Detention Block
Jak: GMLS, Vergere, Jacen, R2-P0 on Empty Car
Juiceman: 2x Nightsister Rancors, Durge, Whorm on Detention Block
Nader's Son: Vader Legacy, Anteres Drace, AT-ST, Blizzard Scout

I won the tourny and here's a quick rundown.

1st round vs Jak
I set up Dark Aura first round, and at the beginning of round 2 I killed R2-P0 and Vergere, then I started on Jacen. By the end of the 3rd round he only had GMLS left, and his ability to Djem was severly nerfed by Exar so my guys took him down easily.

2nd round vs Juiceman
With my guys only being melee Joe was able to keep Whorm and Durge behind his 2 Rancors. So I set up Dark Aura again and have to wear down his Rancors with my guys, while surviving his durge assault. He was able to get Ragnos, while I killed the first Rancor. I then corrupted the rest of his guys and continued to wear down his 2nd rancor. Thankfully Zannah sent a shot back to Durge with LCE and I was able to kill Durge with a severly wounded Zannah and Revan.

3rd (final) round vs Nader
I made a huge error by putting Zannah and Marka next to each other at the edge of my tile. Nader had set up his 4 guys together, so I was gonna use sith sorcery, then trigger a corruption with Zannah via Marka's ce. I forgot that HK had disruptive (even though I suggested the piece to Nader, d'oh). So I just did corruption (which proved to be huge). He then activated Kyp and used FP5 doing 30 to Zannah (she used bubble) and 50 to Marka who was then activated. I then screwed up again and sent Revan to far in, and he levitated GMLS adjacent to Revan and tore him up. Thankfully through out the game GMLS failed his corruption save (thanks Dark Aura) and took a total of 120 damage. So at the end it comes down to Luke with 30 left, HK with 40, Zannah with i think half health and Exar. I decided to take down HK (I don't know why, I guess I thought GMLS would get corrupted again). So I took out HK, Nader won init, made his save and went after Zannah. She used soresu on the first attack, and then GMLS rolled a 20. Then, wait for it.......Zannah rolls a 20 right back, triggering LCE, and Luke goes down.

So, that was Fantastic Four Tile Wars, and this was the first time I played TW irl and it was super fun. Fantastic Four was a superb choice for this format imo, and I hope to play it again soon.

Double win for Hink - nice. I always love seeing TILE WARS played. Interesting variant with the 4 fig requirement. I always like the claustrophobic feel of lots of figs on 2 little tiles, but it's all good.

Hope to see you all at the TILE WARS World Championship at GenCon!!!