logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Wisconsin Regional
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Lol.

By the way, I won WI Regional 2012 at approximately 6:37pm. (*Snorts*, pushes glasses back up nose.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TimmerB123 wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
So has every faction won this year???

Every faction has won a regional. But NR has not won this year.

Well I guess I have a reason to possibly replay my NR at Danville.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

TimmerB123 wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
So has every faction won this year???

But NR has not won this year.

Soon this will change *Yoda laugh*

Fun Stuff:
In the year 3000 we will combine Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook to create the ultimate website: youtwitface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
dvader831 wrote:
Sith won not ONE Regional today, but TWO! David Weeks and Tim Ballard both pulled off a Sith Victory today!

David did it first!!!! :D

or better!!!! :D

Whichever it takes :D

Well, seeing as I won with a blatent copy of Tims squad I'd say he can get dibs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Weeks wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
dvader831 wrote:
Sith won not ONE Regional today, but TWO! David Weeks and Tim Ballard both pulled off a Sith Victory today!

David did it first!!!! :D

or better!!!! :D

Whichever it takes :D

Well, seeing as I won with a blatent copy of Tims squad I'd say he can get dibs.

You used 'JAQ'ed up!

Sweet. Has there ever been 2 squad duplicates to win on the same day?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 am 
General
General

So the final standings with full squad lists are:

Tim B with "Jaq'ed Up" -- Revan, Jaq Rand, Kaan, Rulf, Lobot, Exar Spirit, Mouse x2, Rodian Brute

Logan with "Cheater Squad" -- Jaq Rand, Bastilla JM, Carth, Clobot, Jedi Diplomat, Jedi Watchman, Klat Captain, Jedi Sith Hunter

Jake with "Fallen Angel" -- Revan SL, Celeste, Rakghoul x2, Sith Wrangler, Uggie x2, Mouse x3, Lobot

Drew with "Drew's Squad" -- Atris, Eschani x5, Thrawn, R7, Mouse x2, Uggie

Owen with "All my Friends are Dead" -- Plo Koon JM, Ordo, Yularen, Queen Amidala, Arc Snipers x4, R2 Astromech, Spaarti Demolitionist x3, Mas

Eric with "The Ol' Ladies" -- Bastilla JM, Atris, Eschani x3, Brianna, Juggernaut War Droid, Mouse x3

Tim A with "Last Minute Rebels" -- Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed, Yoda of Dagobah, Princess Leia, Cade BH, TBSV, R2, Dodonna, Rieeken, Mouse, Uggie

Mark with "Weir Going Commando Again!" -- Thrawn, Weir, Imp Gov Tarkin, Storm Commando x3, Devaronian Assassin, Pellaeon, Mas, Wicket, R7

Tristan with "Commando Terror" -- EG05 JH Droid, Elite Commando Droid x3, Adv Dwarf Spider Droid, Battle Droid Lieutenant, Battle Droid Sergeant, Geonosian Overseer, Rune Haako, San Hill, Mouse

Steve with "Band of Heroes" -- Boba Fett BH, Galen, Luke in ST armor, R2 with sensor, Juno, Dodonna, Elite Rebel Commando, Rieeken

Aaron with "Sith are Better than Everyone" -- IG88 Assassin Droid, AniStap, Ordo, Fi, Arc Sniper x3, R7

Garrick with "Ladies of the Old Republic" -- Nomi HotJ, Exile, Jaq Rand, Jedi Healer, Antarian Ranger x2, Jawa Scout, Mouse

Lydia with "Kazdan's Kronies" -- Han Solo Rogue, Luke HoY, Kazdan, R2, Jek Porkins, Anakin Spirit, Rieeken, Wookiee Freedom Fighter, Bothan Noble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Assault of the younglings!

Well a big thanks to Tim and Mark and all the Wisc crew. It was a lot of fun.

They have a great young group (I say young because there is a large number of under 18 players) going there. A lot of dad/son combos which is great to see. Honestly - Jake and I were talking about it on the way home, and that may be one of the things I love to see most - is a bunch of young players loving the game and learning every step of the way. I honestly have never seen a more eager group of young players anywhere. I try and encourage that in any way possible. (Except when I am crushing them and trying to make them cry)

And thanks to Jake for judging. Proving that you can judge and play without a hitch. (All you have to do is not leave early, it's not that hard).

As far as I know there were no hiccups whatsoever. We had to do a bit of pairing by hand since Tim couldn't get the new pairing software to work on his computer. He ran the old DCI software (which doesn't have 3/2 in it) and we just had to manually pair a lot in rounds 3 and 4. But that's all good, it went fine.

Jake did like Les did in Kokomo with having everyone start at the same time, but with only 5 minutes of setup instead of 10. I think it worked really well. I even started a little late once or twice since I wasn't quite set up, but I am fine with that - as long as nobody starts early and gets over an hour. I highly recommend this system for the future.

I came into this regional after 2 straight regionals full of controversy. Is letting a little kid win when you're already guaranteed in the finals cheating? Do you have to go back and let a character activate if it never did if nothing else has happened in the meantime?
What do you do if a judge leaves early? etc, etc.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) - I don't think there was any controversy at this regional. Jake make all the right calls as the judge, stayed the whole time, and wasn't a spaz. I beat everyone mercilessly, even when I had nothing to play for. I remembered to activate all my characters, and even if I hadn't - we had a judge present to make those tough calls if need be.

Interestingly enough, a certain flaky judge didn't show up at all in WI, even though it was sorta his event. But I think everyone was happier that he didn't, as it went super smooth. After all, it's not like being a flaky judge has ever cost anyone a Regional championship because they decided to bail early . . . oh wait, nevermind. :lol:

OK - so onto the tournament. Big props to Drew (local younger WI player) for making the top 4, and to owen (a very young WI player) for barely missing the top 4 (ended up in 5th) but beating a really good player (Jake) from out of state. Biggest props to Logan (another younger WI player) who not only made the top 4, but also beat Jake to make it to the finals and ended up 2nd place. Nice work.

Jake and I were actually impressed with a lot of the builds we faced. Many gave our squads trouble. I still remember Jake sitting down with his Revan, Celeste and Rakghoul squad: Fallen Angel, against one opponent and screaming, "Droids! Awww man!!! No!!!!!"

I asked a couple players why they didn't have certain figures in their squad that I thought would make them better (ie R2 astromech in a Republic squad), and they said it was because they didn't have that figure. Kinda keeps me humble to know I am lucky to be in a position to have them all. Awesome to see kids making the best of what they have.

My squad:
--'JAQ'ed up!--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
36 Lord Kaan
27 Lobot
16 Grand Admiral Rulf Yage
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute

(200pts. 9 activations)

Frequently brought 3 rodians, 2 mouse droids and Salacious Crumb through Lobot.

My map - Bothan Spynet

Round 1: vs Aaron with Republic, Ordo, Arcs, IG-88 Assassin and Anistap.
My map. This was one were Aaron didn't own R2-D2, and his squad suffered because of it. I don't remember a lot from this game, but I won. I remember IG being a nuisance in the back (can't though bomb him, Atton suffers against him), and he was the last one to kill. I was methodical in setting up the Dark Aura fueled thought bomb to kill Ordo, and in the end it took an extra 2 turns to get the ghost in place to do it, but I finally did it, and succeeded. 3pts

Round 2 vs Steve with Rebel heros (Boba Fett BH, Galen, Luke in ST armor, R2 with sensor, Juno, Dodonna, Elite Rebel Commando, Rieeken).
Steve is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, and he and his son play regularly at the shop there in WI. Of course I had to fear Boba BH's big D, and Juno was a major annoyance. Galen is no slouch of course, so this was no simple task. We played on my map, and I went last in the round even with his dodonna (his 8 vs my 15, but he went 1st due to my MT), and I sprinted 20 squares toward his command crew with Revan. I won init and had him go first, and he moved Dodanna a few squares back thinking he was safe. Nope. Moved 18 with Revan and swapped in Kaan, and blew up Reeikan, dodanna, and hit Galen for 80 (he even missed the reroll). The ERC made the save and lived with 10 HP. He got more points for that transaction, but I got the edge. Now easily able to out-activate him and no evade for the ERC, Juno and Galen, the battle was definitely tipped in my favor. As he advanced I was able to get a line on Galen and take him out with Atton (no evade for Galen = dead meat). Next was Juno, who was making it hard to swap where I needed to. Then I made the move for Boba, and between end of round and beginning after my MT aided roll, I finished him off. When all he had left was a 10 hp luke and I had a full HP Revan and a Atton with 20 left, I took an AoO on purpose and Atton died (is that cheating?), but finished him with G.A.R.Y. 3pts (6 total)

Round 3 vs Logan ("Cheater Squad" -- Jaq Rand, Bastilla JM, Carth, Clobot, Jedi Diplomat, Jedi Watchman, Klat Captain, Jedi Sith Hunter)
Hilarious that he had a sith hunter vs a sith squad. He even smacked Revan on an AoO for 40 (nice!) Good squad, the watchman/Jedi diplomat combo was great, he advance both as a pair and there was not much I could do about it. Except thought bomb. More on that later. He did roll reserves on the second init (d'oah!), but only brought in 3 figs. If he brought in a bunch to out-activate me, he might have won. He did bring in a Rakghoul and sent it straight for my brutes (yikes!), which was hard to kill without swap (thanks to Bastilla). He advanced Carth to open a door, and I sent out salacious to take away his evade. I moved just enough with Atton to kill Carth, and then I did finally kill the rakgoul, and waited out Bastilla's 2 rounds of ABM (not as hard when you out-activate). I was patient to wait for the Dark Aura boosted thought Bomb, and was rewarded. Dead Atton, dead watchman, and Diplomat with 10 left. Bastilla runs to try and do something, but too little too late. Finish off the diplomat, and the KC, then Bastilla shortly to follow. 3 pts (9 total)

Side note - Jake gets beat by an 11yr old due to sloppy play and being distracted by being a judge. Community - we need to lynch him. He let a kid win!!!

Round 4 - vs Owen ("All my Friends are Dead" -- Plo Koon JM, Ordo, Yularen, Queen Amidala, Arc Snipers x4, R2 Astromech, Spaarti Demolitionist x3, Mas)
<By the way, GREAT squad name!!!>
So - 1 round left, I am the only undefeated. I know I am in the finals no matter what. Weird feeling of Deja Vu. I am facing the kid who just beat Jake. 11 year old Owen. Good little player. He really was excited to be in contention for the final 4. He did great that day. . . Too bad I had to crush him (or I would be cheating). I tried to make him cry guys, I really did, he just wouldn't. When I chose his map (Throne room) he thought he had me. Just setting him up for the fall. He advanced up Ordo, 2 snipers and 2 spaartis on one side, and 2 snipers, the queen and a spaarti on the other, leaving Yularen and Mas safe in the back. He towed Plo up to get round 1 gambit. Well I had my lane to get Ordo, 2 spaartis and 2 Arcs with a thought bomb and I took it. I had to take an AoO from an Arc to get everyone, but it was with Kaan and he was gonna die anyway, although the Arc hit once with Opportunist, and then Crit on the twin and almost killed Kaan right there. But Kaan had 10 hp left and I didn't roll a 1 for init, so boom-ski! Ordo failed his save and you just saw Owens face drop. No room for sympathy in the SWM community. I had to crush him or I would be cheating. So I relentlessly and methodically didn't allow him another attack for the rest of the game. I kept on the move and wouldn't even give up a rodian. No mercy, 11 yr old! The community has spoken, I must annihilate you without remorse. I take out Plo next and he is crestfallen, saying "Now my squad doesn't work at all". I really thought I was gonna get him to cry here, but he troopered on. I took out both remaining Arcs in one turn with Atton, and swept up the rest in quick order. I could have let him get a few rodians or mice in the end (just to keep him encouraged and excited for the game), but I didn't want to be accused of cheating - so I tried to make it so he would never want to play again. Crushing little kids spirits, that's what I'm about now. 3pts (12 total)

We go to the finals, clean cut all players with only 1 loss make it, 2 losses and you're out (sorry little Owen!)

Semi-finals vs Drew (Atris, Eschani x5, Thrawn, R7, Mouse x2, Uggie)
It was a quick match. He wins map (Muunilinst) and he steps up all his squad on the side with the 4 rooms. I set up straight across. He advances all 5 Echani into the first room. I sprint Revan up into the room and swap in Kann. Boom! Game over. Lasted less than 15 min due to that huge mistake. He was aware of Though Bomb, but he just didn't see how far Revan could advance.

Logan beats Jake in a nailbiter, Logan getting 3 crits on Jake's Revan to bring him down. I was so sure it was going to be a Sith on Sith finals, but instead it was a rematch of Good Atton vs Bad atton.

Finals - vs Logan ("Cheater Squad" -- Jaq Rand, Bastilla JM, Carth, Clobot, Jedi Diplomat, Jedi Watchman, Klat Captain, Jedi Sith Hunter)
Theoretical question to the community - is it still cheating to let a kid win if it's the finals match? I didn't - just curious. This time he wins map - Rancor Pit. But it doesn't do him any favors. He plays the diplomat and watchman just right, advancing them together as a pair. He played Bastilla just right in our first game, waiting one round and them doing ABM 2 rounds in a row. Typically that is the right move, but not on an open map where you are out-activated and facing swap + MT. He had no idea I could get as deep as I could, and advanced his shooters to behind the center wall. I sprinted Revan up and swapped Kaan, and ran him 12 into position (taking 2 meaningless AoOs on the way). Didn't roll a 1 for init and clobbered Atton and Carth (bad rolls for him) and made his jedi suffer too. It wasn't long before I cleaned up the rest. Finished in under 30 min.

Sith wins it's first regional, I win my 8th.

Despite all my efforts to crush kids spirits and make them cry, I failed. What kind of sith am I? They are just too eager of a group there in WI. I think they'll be playing there a long time to come.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gee Tim, I dunno - I think you are an awful Sith.

All that talk of trying to crush little kids spirits, and make them cry - but then you go and give each kid playing in the tournament a Very Rare for free. That's not very Sith-like, that's more like Santa Claus. A red velvet suit is no match for a red lightsaber.

And then you go and donate all of your cash winnings back to the store to buy more prizes for the kids?

You donated your cash prizes to the community for more v-sets at Kokomo and where did that get you?

Where's your Sith rage? Where's your brooding hatred there?

I thought you were a poor sport. I thought you didn't play in the "spirit of the game" (Whatever that ridiculous phrase means). I thought you were a cheater. You hardly even locked a door all day long, you just slit throats quickly and moved on.

Wait - maybe that is more Sith-like than I realized.

On a side note. I played very sloppily against 11 yr old Owen (who played great all day) and lost. I had a big discussion with myself (the judge) and considered DQ'n myself for allowing the kid to win. Is it bad judging and bad sportsmanship on my part for that. If so maybe I should return the darth vader helmit ice cube trays that I got. ... Oh crap I already used them.

Ok lesson learned as a judge, next time I DQ myself. Stop being so biased towards yourself jake, you jerk.

On another note Tristan got the best sportsman award with his droid squad against my rakgouls. I set up to take out his big beat Jedi hunter droid at init and I rolled a 1 for init (worst round ever to roll a 1 for init.). He goes first with his eg05 jh droid being was juiced up to a double twin @ 50 damage each. Celeste just got toasted. I honestly thought I was about to lose this one but reven and his tricks and never rolling a 1 for init again won me the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

TimmerB123 wrote:
Assault of the younglings!

Well a big thanks to Tim and Mark and all the Wisc crew. It was a lot of fun.

They have a great young group (I say young because there is a large number of under 18 players) going there. A lot of dad/son combos which is great to see. Honestly - Jake and I were talking about it on the way home, and that may be one of the things I love to see most - is a bunch of young players loving the game and learning every step of the way. I honestly have never seen a more eager group of young players anywhere. I try and encourage that in any way possible. (Except when I am crushing them and trying to make them cry)

And thanks to Jake for judging. Proving that you can judge and play without a hitch. (All you have to do is not leave early, it's not that hard).

As far as I know there were no hiccups whatsoever. We had to do a bit of pairing by hand since Tim couldn't get the new pairing software to work on his computer. He ran the old DCI software (which doesn't have 3/2 in it) and we just had to manually pair a lot in rounds 3 and 4. But that's all good, it went fine.

Jake did like Les did in Kokomo with having everyone start at the same time, but with only 5 minutes of setup instead of 10. I think it worked really well. I even started a little late once or twice since I wasn't quite set up, but I am fine with that - as long as nobody starts early and gets over an hour. I highly recommend this system for the future.

I came into this regional after 2 straight regionals full of controversy. Is letting a little kid win when you're already guaranteed in the finals cheating? Do you have to go back and let a character activate if it never did if nothing else has happened in the meantime?
What do you do if a judge leaves early? etc, etc.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) - I don't think there was any controversy at this regional. Jake make all the right calls as the judge, stayed the whole time, and wasn't a spaz. I beat everyone mercilessly, even when I had nothing to play for. I remembered to activate all my characters, and even if I hadn't - we had a judge present to make those tough calls if need be.

Interestingly enough, a certain flaky judge didn't show up at all in WI, even though it was sorta his event. But I think everyone was happier that he didn't, as it went super smooth. After all, it's not like being a flaky judge has ever cost anyone a Regional championship because they decided to bail early . . . oh wait, nevermind. :lol:

OK - so onto the tournament. Big props to Drew (local younger WI player) for making the top 4, and to owen (a very young WI player) for barely missing the top 4 (ended up in 5th) but beating a really good player (Jake) from out of state. Biggest props to Logan (another younger WI player) who not only made the top 4, but also beat Jake to make it to the finals and ended up 2nd place. Nice work.

Jake and I were actually impressed with a lot of the builds we faced. Many gave our squads trouble. I still remember Jake sitting down with his Revan, Celeste and Rakghoul squad: Fallen Angel, against one opponent and screaming, "Droids! Awww man!!! No!!!!!"

I asked a couple players why they didn't have certain figures in their squad that I thought would make them better (ie R2 astromech in a Republic squad), and they said it was because they didn't have that figure. Kinda keeps me humble to know I am lucky to be in a position to have them all. Awesome to see kids making the best of what they have.

My squad:
--'JAQ'ed up!--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
36 Lord Kaan
27 Lobot
16 Grand Admiral Rulf Yage
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute

(200pts. 9 activations)

Frequently brought 3 rodians, 2 mouse droids and Salacious Crumb through Lobot.

My map - Bothan Spynet

Round 1: vs Aaron with Republic, Ordo, Arcs, IG-88 Assassin and Anistap.
My map. This was one were Aaron didn't own R2-D2, and his squad suffered because of it. I don't remember a lot from this game, but I won. I remember IG being a nuisance in the back (can't though bomb him, Atton suffers against him), and he was the last one to kill. I was methodical in setting up the Dark Aura fueled thought bomb to kill Ordo, and in the end it took an extra 2 turns to get the ghost in place to do it, but I finally did it, and succeeded. 3pts

Round 2 vs Steve with Rebel heros (Boba Fett BH, Galen, Luke in ST armor, R2 with sensor, Juno, Dodonna, Elite Rebel Commando, Rieeken).
Steve is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, and he and his son play regularly at the shop there in WI. Of course I had to fear Boba BH's big D, and Juno was a major annoyance. Galen is no slouch of course, so this was no simple task. We played on my map, and I went last in the round even with his dodonna (his 8 vs my 15, but he went 1st due to my MT), and I sprinted 20 squares toward his command crew with Revan. I won init and had him go first, and he moved Dodanna a few squares back thinking he was safe. Nope. Moved 18 with Revan and swapped in Kaan, and blew up Reeikan, dodanna, and hit Galen for 80 (he even missed the reroll). The ERC made the save and lived with 10 HP. He got more points for that transaction, but I got the edge. Now easily able to out-activate him and no evade for the ERC, Juno and Galen, the battle was definitely tipped in my favor. As he advanced I was able to get a line on Galen and take him out with Atton (no evade for Galen = dead meat). Next was Juno, who was making it hard to swap where I needed to. Then I made the move for Boba, and between end of round and beginning after my MT aided roll, I finished him off. When all he had left was a 10 hp luke and I had a full HP Revan and a Atton with 20 left, I took an AoO on purpose and Atton died (is that cheating?), but finished him with G.A.R.Y. 3pts (6 total)

Round 3 vs Logan ("Cheater Squad" -- Jaq Rand, Bastilla JM, Carth, Clobot, Jedi Diplomat, Jedi Watchman, Klat Captain, Jedi Sith Hunter)
Hilarious that he had a sith hunter vs a sith squad. He even smacked Revan on an AoO for 40 (nice!) Good squad, the watchman/Jedi diplomat combo was great, he advance both as a pair and there was not much I could do about it. Except thought bomb. More on that later. He did roll reserves on the second init (d'oah!), but only brought in 3 figs. If he brought in a bunch to out-activate me, he might have won. He did bring in a Rakghoul and sent it straight for my brutes (yikes!), which was hard to kill without swap (thanks to Bastilla). He advanced Carth to open a door, and I sent out salacious to take away his evade. I moved just enough with Atton to kill Carth, and then I did finally kill the rakgoul, and waited out Bastilla's 2 rounds of ABM (not as hard when you out-activate). I was patient to wait for the Dark Aura boosted thought Bomb, and was rewarded. Dead Atton, dead watchman, and Diplomat with 10 left. Bastilla runs to try and do something, but too little too late. Finish off the diplomat, and the KC, then Bastilla shortly to follow. 3 pts (9 total)

Side note - Jake gets beat by an 11yr old due to sloppy play and being distracted by being a judge. Community - we need to lynch him. He let a kid win!!!

Round 4 - vs Owen ("All my Friends are Dead" -- Plo Koon JM, Ordo, Yularen, Queen Amidala, Arc Snipers x4, R2 Astromech, Spaarti Demolitionist x3, Mas)
<By the way, GREAT squad name!!!>
So - 1 round left, I am the only undefeated. I know I am in the finals no matter what. Weird feeling of Deja Vu. I am facing the kid who just beat Jake. 11 year old Owen. Good little player. He really was excited to be in contention for the final 4. He did great that day. . . Too bad I had to crush him (or I would be cheating). I tried to make him cry guys, I really did, he just wouldn't. When I chose his map (Throne room) he thought he had me. Just setting him up for the fall. He advanced up Ordo, 2 snipers and 2 spaartis on one side, and 2 snipers, the queen and a spaarti on the other, leaving Yularen and Mas safe in the back. He towed Plo up to get round 1 gambit. Well I had my lane to get Ordo, 2 spaartis and 2 Arcs with a thought bomb and I took it. I had to take an AoO from an Arc to get everyone, but it was with Kaan and he was gonna die anyway, although the Arc hit once with Opportunist, and then Crit on the twin and almost killed Kaan right there. But Kaan had 10 hp left and I didn't roll a 1 for init, so boom-ski! Ordo failed his save and you just saw Owens face drop. No room for sympathy in the SWM community. I had to crush him or I would be cheating. So I relentlessly and methodically didn't allow him another attack for the rest of the game. I kept on the move and wouldn't even give up a rodian. No mercy, 11 yr old! The community has spoken, I must annihilate you without remorse. I take out Plo next and he is crestfallen, saying "Now my squad doesn't work at all". I really thought I was gonna get him to cry here, but he troopered on. I took out both remaining Arcs in one turn with Atton, and swept up the rest in quick order. I could have let him get a few rodians or mice in the end (just to keep him encouraged and excited for the game), but I didn't want to be accused of cheating - so I tried to make it so he would never want to play again. Crushing little kids spirits, that's what I'm about now. 3pts (12 total)

We go to the finals, clean cut all players with only 1 loss make it, 2 losses and you're out (sorry little Owen!)

Semi-finals vs Drew (Atris, Eschani x5, Thrawn, R7, Mouse x2, Uggie)
It was a quick match. He wins map (Muunilinst) and he steps up all his squad on the side with the 4 rooms. I set up straight across. He advances all 5 Echani into the first room. I sprint Revan up into the room and swap in Kann. Boom! Game over. Lasted less than 15 min due to that huge mistake. He was aware of Though Bomb, but he just didn't see how far Revan could advance.

Logan beats Jake in a nailbiter, Logan getting 3 crits on Jake's Revan to bring him down. I was so sure it was going to be a Sith on Sith finals, but instead it was a rematch of Good Atton vs Bad atton.

Finals - vs Logan ("Cheater Squad" -- Jaq Rand, Bastilla JM, Carth, Clobot, Jedi Diplomat, Jedi Watchman, Klat Captain, Jedi Sith Hunter)
Theoretical question to the community - is it still cheating to let a kid win if it's the finals match? I didn't - just curious. This time he wins map - Rancor Pit. But it doesn't do him any favors. He plays the diplomat and watchman just right, advancing them together as a pair. He played Bastilla just right in our first game, waiting one round and them doing ABM 2 rounds in a row. Typically that is the right move, but not on an open map where you are out-activated and facing swap + MT. He had no idea I could get as deep as I could, and advanced his shooters to behind the center wall. I sprinted Revan up and swapped Kaan, and ran him 12 into position (taking 2 meaningless AoOs on the way). Didn't roll a 1 for init and clobbered Atton and Carth (bad rolls for him) and made his jedi suffer too. It wasn't long before I cleaned up the rest. Finished in under 30 min.

Sith wins it's first regional, I win my 8th.

Despite all my efforts to crush kids spirits and make them cry, I failed. What kind of sith am I? They are just too eager of a group there in WI. I think they'll be playing there a long time to come.

:lol: I was going to just highlight specific funny parts...but honestly this post is too good. well played sir.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jhc36 wrote:
:lol: I was going to just highlight specific funny parts...but honestly this post is too good. well played sir.

Now you're only encouraging me. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

sthlrd2 wrote:
Gee Tim, I dunno - I think you are an awful Sith.

All that talk of trying to crush little kids spirits, and make them cry - but then you go and give each kid playing in the tournament a Very Rare for free. That's not very Sith-like, that's more like Santa Claus. A red velvet suit is no match for a red lightsaber.

And then you go and donate all of your cash winnings back to the store to buy more prizes for the kids?

You donated your cash prizes to the community for more v-sets at Kokomo and where did that get you?

Where's your Sith rage? Where's your brooding hatred there?

I thought you were a poor sport. I thought you didn't play in the "spirit of the game" (Whatever that ridiculous phrase means). I thought you were a cheater. You hardly even locked a door all day long, you just slit throats quickly and moved on.

Wait - maybe that is more Sith-like than I realized.

On a side note. I played very sloppily against 11 yr old Owen (who played great all day) and lost. I had a big discussion with myself (the judge) and considered DQ'n myself for allowing the kid to win. Is it bad judging and bad sportsmanship on my part for that. If so maybe I should return the darth vader helmit ice cube trays that I got. ... Oh crap I already used them.

Ok lesson learned as a judge, next time I DQ myself. Stop being so biased towards yourself jake, you jerk.

On another note Tristan got the best sportsman award with his droid squad against my rakgouls. I set up to take out his big beat Jedi hunter droid at init and I rolled a 1 for init (worst round ever to roll a 1 for init.). He goes first with his eg05 jh droid being was juiced up to a double twin @ 50 damage each. Celeste just got toasted. I honestly thought I was about to lose this one but reven and his tricks and never rolling a 1 for init again won me the game.

Put a lid on it Jake, you're ruining my rep!

I'm the bad guy, remember?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TimmerB123 wrote:

Put a lid on it Jake, you're ruining my rep!

Sorry Tim that was ruined in my book when I met ya :P

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

TimmerB123 wrote:

I think you've legitimately earned public enemy #1 status from all the regional titles you've racked up. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

swinefeld wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

I think you've legitimately earned public enemy #1 status from all the regional titles you've racked up. :P

Winning doesn't make you a bad guy unless you take your talents to South Beach..

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

congratulation Tim !!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

audrisampson wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Winning doesn't make you a bad guy unless you take your talents to South Beach..

Not as in "bad guy", more like King of the Hill. ;)