logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Meatbag Annihilators
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

"I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy..." -HK-47

--Meatbag Annihilators--
43 IG-88, Assassin Droid
39 HK-47, Assassin Droid
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
28 Cay Qel-Droma
25 Guri
16 Juggernaut War Droid
12 Mouse Droid x4
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 11 activations)

HK-47 leads the charge making IG-88 and Guri really hard to kill with the +4 defense. IG-88 can clear swarms away easily, as well as take on other beats. When you run out of Battle Meditation, you have Disruptive from HK-47 to help. If your facing Palleon squads, this squad should do well to counter the force bubble as HK-47 can simply sniper Pelleaon for 60 damage. HK-47 can do 80 damage with ABM. Guri can do a solid 60 per round with ABM against unactivated targets. Stealth also helps on her as she can sit in gambit and get points if no one dares come close. Mace Windu, LotF squads will be squashed as Mace see's his crits not do anything against these droids. Cay Qel Droma is there cause I think he is the most fun peice in the OR to have in a squad. Not only can he lightsaber assault for 60 damage with ABM, but you never know when Cay's Legacy might work and against whom it might work in usually unique heavy squads. Juggernaut's are mainstay's for OR squad as Shatterbeam is so very effective at taking care of door control. The synergy between IG-88 and the Juggernaut is really nice to. Comments or thoughts on improvements would be welcome!

Here is a link to the squad if you'd like to rate it: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/114585/me ... nihilators

Meatbags, ye be warned!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Meatbag Annihilators
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I upgraded this squad to compete with newer top tier squads seen in regionals. I'm particularly concerned about the storm commando swap squads that the Imperial's have been running. Thats why I switched out Cay for Visas Mar to get It's a Trap! and Force Sense as well as a really nice BG for HK-47. This squad was already built to handle Force Bubbles, as HK-47's sniper will kill either Pelleon or Thrawn easily.

--Meatbag Annihilators--
43 IG-88, Assassin Droid
39 HK-47, Assassin Droid
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
29 Visas Marr
25 Guri
16 Juggernaut War Droid
12 Mouse Droid x4
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Oh, man, I kinda dig this. Daniel and I realized for the first time a few weeks ago that droids got Bastila's +10 damage and started trying to make a squad around the idea, but we didn't get this far. HK is auto-include, Guri is a great call, and Vistas Marr is a pretty neat idea. I think the main problem will be getting decent damage output, though. If someone puts a mouse droid in front, you don't have an easy time killing it, you know?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I like bastilla and droids. When IG-88A comes out that may be a good go to choice. Iggy Assassin would drop 160!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

greentime wrote:
Oh, man, I kinda dig this. Daniel and I realized for the first time a few weeks ago that droids got Bastila's +10 damage and started trying to make a squad around the idea, but we didn't get this far. HK is auto-include, Guri is a great call, and Vistas Marr is a pretty neat idea. I think the main problem will be getting decent damage output, though. If someone puts a mouse droid in front, you don't have an easy time killing it, you know?

Well with HK-47's sniper, he can ignore mouse walls, and with IG-88 Assasin, you can pulse cannon the Mice walls pretty easily. The squad could use some more damage output, but with Guri doing 60, HK-47 doing 80 and IG-88 doing 80, you have some solid output on some tough to kill droids while ABM is going. Visas Mar will also be in the action and she can do 60 with ABM running. I love to use Sonic stunner on the Juggernaught droid to activate people and then follow up with some shots from IG-88. I can't wait for IG-88A to be useable for tourney play. I got a Bastilla/HK squad ready for him to join in.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:03 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You beat me to it. I was tinkering around with guri again but kind of slowed that train down due to other stupid ideas that I have now.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Love the name, HK is such a great character.

I tried Bastila with HK and IG86s back at wampa stompa and it was fun, but I didn't really have the skills to back it up. That said, your squad looks good and I think IG88 serves you well and Guri is a good choice that can confound your opponent. As it stands I think the squad can do well, but it'll definitely improve with scum and villainy. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Interesting squad. I think instead of the juggernaught I might put in an OR Senator to give an extra attack at +10 (probably the IG), and you could also fit in another mouse or uggie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

gholli69 wrote:
Interesting squad. I think instead of the juggernaught I might put in an OR Senator to give an extra attack at +10 (probably the IG), and you could also fit in another mouse or uggie.

The OR senator doesn't work in this squad, as his CE isn't for droids. The Juggernaught is very useful to the squad, as it is a perfect deterant to overide heavy squads.

I played this squad in the Vassal Regional and it did very well. I could have been in 3rd place had my 3 round game not ended with Atton Jaq Rand making every avoid defeat save 4 times in a row. The thing that beat me the 2 times I lost was time. My squad could have won both times had time not run out, as it did a very good job taking out enemy beatsticks. If I hadn't gotten robbed of a 2pt win by Atton's avoid defeat and gotten in the finals, I think I wouldh ave stood a really good chance of winning the regional. I got a 3pt win against a New Republic Mara/Han GH/Jaden Korr/Ganner squad, so I was pretty happy with that outcome. Next year I'll play it again and tweak it some more, but I did a really good job of holding its own against other really good squads. I'm hoping in future V-sets we get another option that works as well as Guri does, cause she's the only one I'd consider droping at the moment since her damage output is a bit lower than HK and IG-88.