logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: Kokomo / Lafayette, IN Regional June 1st and 2nd
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithborg wrote:
It's a pity this thread is being brought down. This was truly a fun regional. The idea of rewards for keeping track of what you do in you game was fantastic, even if it needed a little bit of work or clarification. (I was handing out saves for people to boost up their total, lol) It really does need to be tried out more, especially for smaller tournaments. I give big props for that idea. Too bad I lost my sheet during lunch.

Glad you liked it. The credit to this goes to Bryan Hole the store co-owner. I wasn't sure how this would go over with folks. (knowing that gamers would complain about the way money was folded if given to them) But it went great. Not one complaint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithborg wrote:
It's a pity this thread is being brought down. This was truly a fun regional. The idea of rewards for keeping track of what you do in you game was fantastic, even if it needed a little bit of work or clarification. (I was handing out saves for people to boost up their total, lol) It really does need to be tried out more, especially for smaller tournaments. I give big props for that idea. Too bad I lost my sheet during lunch.

I will respond to the s#*tstorm in due time, but there are more important acknowledgments first. I am glad this thread was kept up for it's original purpose.

Les, first and foremost - awesome job! You ran a great tournament, perfect balance between a relaxed friendly atmosphere, and the structure of a regional tournament. The pace was really nice. It was ideal to actually have a full day of minis and be able to relax and enjoy it throughout.

Bryan - great job with all the extra goodies! Even though I didn't win a single extra award, I was so excited that they were there as it made for a fun environment. I saw a lot of excitement generated by the bonus categories. Also - great frickin' t-shirts. AND - Congrats on the TILE WARS win!!!

Eric L - great trophies as always.

Matt F and Chris W - both donated maps and tiles, and that is SUPER cool!

Glad we got such great attendance, and from 7 states by my count no less! Great to see the guys from Atlanta and NY again, along with the familiar Indiana, IL and Michigan faces. Meeting Bronson from Tenn and getting to chat with the guys from Ohio was a pleasure. Oh - and Steve-O - you are a bucket of laughs. Never thought I would meet a minis player that makes me seem docile. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Really the whole weekend was a lot of fun. Duos was greatly enhanced by all the fun banter no doubt fueled by NY and ATL players that were punch drunk from their long day of driving. The regional was very nice and having such a large field was a lot of fun. My friend Greg from Kokomo, playing in his first regional really came away impressed and now has a real look at a very competitive tournament and how good you have to be to win...like all good players he is already thinking of new squads and tactical tweaks and is ready for more (always good to have new players with a passion for the game). Ready for GenCon and can't wait to see everyone there and roll many dice...oh yeah and have some hot Hooters wings and cold beer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

This was a great time. Even if I did win the award for the worst luck. (15 ones on attack rolls) I had fun in every game i played. Good game to Greg, Graham, Steve, Audri, and Bryan.

Thanks to Bryan for hosting and putting together some great prizes.

Thanks to Mapmaker and Cartographer for the prizes they sent. You guys really help keep the game interesting.

And thanks to Les for running the show, and everything else you do to keep it all going.

It was great to see and play against everyone who travelled so far to be there.

Congrats to Tim on his 3rd win this year.

Hope to see you all at GenCon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Randy wrote:
Good game to Greg, Graham, Steve, Audri, and Bryan.

Our game was a lot of fun and really really close. Looking forward to the rematch!

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8