logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Droid vs Criting Windu
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If a Windu rolls a number to accomplish a crit on a droid does the flurry attack kick in because the droid is immune to the crit?

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

Post subject: Re: Droid vs Criting Windu
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Yep. It's like Disintegration. It's a separate ability that triggers when you roll the crit, whether or not the opposing character takes the extra (or any) damage.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:57 am 
General
General

And don't forget that there is a difference between Droid immunity vs Resilient or Armored Spacesuit.

See this post for more detail:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12330&p=135732&hilit=critical+hit#p135732

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

And note that against a Droid (or anyone immune to crits), he has to roll exactly a 20 to get the Flurry, since that's in the definition of Flurry.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Echo wrote:
And note that against a Droid (or anyone immune to crits), he has to roll exactly a 20 to get the Flurry, since that's in the definition of Flurry.

Does that count even in Windu's case when it says he needs a 17 and up??

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Echo wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. He crits on a 17+...the droids only take the regular damage, but the attack still counts as a crit, so he therefore should gain the Flurry attack. I think we'll need one of the rules gurus to chime in here.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
Echo wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. He crits on a 17+...the droids only take the regular damage, but the attack still counts as a crit, so he therefore should gain the Flurry attack. I think we'll need one of the rules gurus to chime in here.

The Glossary definition of Flurry Attack is

Quote:
When this character scores a critical hit (or makes an attack roll of natural 20, if the target is unaffected by critical hits), it may make one immediate extra attack, in addition to the other effects of a critical hit. It may make an extra attack each time it scores a critical hit, even as the result of this extra attack. The extra attack doesn't have to be against the same target if another legal target is available.

Emphasis mine.

Although, the Glossary definition of Droid is

Quote:
A Droid character doesn't take double damage from critical hits and is not normally subject to commander effects.

Since it specifies just "double damage", it might work. Although that seems really odd to me since Flurry Attack was made way before Resilient or Armored Space Suit, so that line that I bolded in the definition of Flurry Attack would be confusing without those abilities.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am 
General
General

In the thread I linked, Echo, Sithborg, and Swinefeld noted:

Attacks vs Droids can be criticals on 17, 18, 19, or 20. Although Droids don't take the double damage, the hits are still criticals.

Attacks vs Resiliant or Armored Spacesuit negate critical hits. But rolls of a 20 are still a roll of 20 which triggers Flurry or Disintegration.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Chargers wrote:
In the thread I linked, Echo, Sithborg, and Swinefeld noted:

Attacks vs Droids can be criticals on 17, 18, 19, or 20. Although Droids don't take the double damage, the hits are still criticals.

Attacks vs Resiliant or Armored Spacesuit negate critical hits. But rolls of a 20 are still a roll of 20 which triggers Flurry or Disintegration.

Ok, so as far as I can see, the first statement seems to say that if Mace LotLS rolls a 17 vs a droid, the droid takes 20dmg and then Flurry triggers, which allows Mace to make another attack.

And the second statement seems to be saying that when attacking a Resilient or A-S piece, Mace would only gain the Flurry if he rolled a 20 (not 17-19).

Are those two inferences correct?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Correct.