logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Regionals Seperatists/Droid squad.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

So, yesterday was the PA Regionals for SWM. This was my second chance at actually playing the game, first time playing with points involved. I ran with a 200 pt Squad of Seperatists as follows:

Grievous Droid Army Commander
HK-47 Assassin droid
Security battle droid x2
Ig-86 assassin droid x3
R7-Astromech x2
Battle droid x3
Battle droid officer

I kinda got my butt whipped. Yep I was new to the game, and ppl gave me some good tactics for that squad. What I didn't get was a whole lot of possible character swaps. Really the R7's were pretty useless in the games because most door control was either blown up with a Demo, or just wasen't necessary, and the reg battle droids were just cannon fodder. Most people had a Master Tac, or Ozzel, heck or a combo of both. So anyone have any tips for other characters for my squad here that might make it a bit more snazzy?

Post subject: Re: Regionals Seperatists/Droid squad.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:16 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Welcome aboard!

If your concerned about your droids dropping too fast I'd suggest ditching the security droids and battle droids for mouse droids.

The mouse droids will pack a 28 defense in cover. Meaning it will take very high rolls to take them down. With HK you have the advantage of disruptive. I'd suggest dropping GGDAC for whorm (since your putting in mice if you follow my other suggestion) then you have room for 2 other droid shooters. Bringing your damage up to scary levels.

It sounds like stealth is a big thing where you play (are you in Jim's playgroup?) if so drop 1 or 2 of the 86s for A-series assassin Droids. Their accurate shot is really VCR to have.

Post subject: Re: Regionals Seperatists/Droid squad.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Indeed I am in Jim's group and let me tell yah for starters that was the first squad I really put together on my own. And this was after playing 1 game. lol. I'm really glad for the help, and i'll see if maybe jim could swing these switching out because i'd really like to get a Droid squad to kick some butt.