logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Ridin Dirty
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

GAT 37
Tyber Zann 31
General Weir 28
Admiral Piett 20
Admiral Ozzel 11
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike 21
Storm Commando 17
Lobot 27
Mas 8

This is a PILE of fun lol Feedback Please...I expect Tim to get in on this one XD lol

Post subject: Re: Ridin Dirty
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

You have way to many commader effects. I would consider taking out Zann for another Speeder or something useful.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

AcheronFate wrote:
GAT 37
Tyber Zann 31
General Weir 28
Admiral Piett 20
Admiral Ozzel 11
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike 21
Storm Commando 17
Lobot 27
Mas 8

This is a PILE of fun lol Feedback Please...I expect Tim to get in on this one XD lol

What happens when you face disruptive? What happens if your outactivated? How do you stop teams that bum rush you?

In all those cases the answer is probably "you lose" thy being said all the counters I brought up haven't been getting played.

Over the weekend I put Figrin D'an into my squad just so I wouldnt lose to builds like this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I dont mind the commander effects actually since they're protected from bastila and as for all the stuff weeks said...i beat the breaks off disruptive with this before lol and as for out activation...goodluck...if its not nom bombs i can prolly keep up lol i got lobot and tyber bringing stuff in and i dont have to outactivate someone by a mile to be able to play...just an edge ...and i have had a gowk mace team rush this squad...wicket and R4 reserves made them regret it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

AcheronFate wrote:
I dont mind the commander effects actually since they're protected from bastila and as for all the stuff weeks said...i beat the breaks off disruptive with this before lol and as for out activation...goodluck...if its not nom bombs i can prolly keep up lol i got lobot and tyber bringing stuff in and i dont have to outactivate someone by a mile to be able to play...just an edge ...and i have had a
gowk mace team rush this squad...wicket and R4 reserves made them regret it

You mind explaining how your +5 for 20 damage speeder "beat the breaks off" disruptive. You only have a 50% chance to even hit Juno Eclipse (the cheapest disrupter). I just don't understand your claims. Being outactivated sucks, but being outactivated by ozzel is almost in the other players advantage.

Vs an ozzel squad when you play against it correctly you either get attacked every other round or you get attacked twice and kill what they attaked you with. This is even worse with speeder bikes. You get a good late round strafe and either run away at init (which I'll be able to catch you) or you try and strafe again.

Vs disruptive you don't even get all your cool mojo which your burning 93 points on + 10 for the swoop bike to even get to use.

This squad probably does really well against Republic/Old republic/other empire (read:what people play a lot of). But don't tell me you steamroll disruptive, that's just silly. You could probably beat it but you'd be hard pressed to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Never said you have to believe me cuz I know what i did lol just cuz you dont believe doesnt alter the fact of it happening lol critical thinking around here much? lol i do have a whole squad and not just a speeder ya know? lol forget about the other guys? lol disruptive is scary but theres no point being scared of stang in life lol i just play the match and as it happens i won... haha you must have some grunge against builds like this lol oohh the ego and arrogance of people whose name is in color on this site...lol and if you think id let you catch my speeder your SORELY mistaken lol ya know for bein on the "Design team" you seem to lack some critical thinking...ive noticed that through the ideas ive posted lol everyones soo quick to crucify your ideas rather than actually look at them. "Oh its too broke" or "thats not in the story" lol they miss key words such as "Like" or "similar to" and fail to see what other possibilities get opened to OTHER factions lol stang aint hard to make figs lol just you guys got the big head syndrom about it cuz you made star wars miniatures figs XD lol so lets try to discuss this squad again WITHOUT your arrogance and ego XD lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Weeks had some honest questions/critiques about your squad (questions which I share, coincidentally)...

EDIT by Boris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

As far as the squad goes. Swap Tyber for Another scout and a main board swoop and this is the almost the exact squad Tim played at the MI regional. He has said on a couple of occassions that it has problem matchups and good matchups. Obv he lost at the MI regionals. and he had a couple of very close games that he won at the regional. The MI regional had lots of stuff type of squad was good at beating (Imp, Rep, Vong, etc) and not a whole lot that would give it trouble.

EDIT by Boris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

i was lookin at Tyber for his destructive cunning since i have master tac and the SC helps too combined with weir follow up at the end of round and strafing for fun lol tyber also can bring in the swoop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I think Acheron must laugh out loud more than anyone I know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

@Buttcabbge i do laugh alot...im amused greatly at things lol comes with the whole being insane thing....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Could you explain why you ask for feedback then reject advice given to you? You also have gone out of your way to insult me. I don't expect you to say your sorry so I won't ask. But you still havent given an example of how your squad handles the counters to it. If your going to make a claim you need to be able to back it up with evidence, that's Logic 101.

I think the squad is neat and Tim designed his squad to beat the meta he knew he would face. I just don't see this doing well once people start figuring out how the Meta is going to go.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

it was mostly positioning and playing with angles to deal with disruptive people...it got left in a bad space and got lit up lol as it happens it was juno...then it was just strafe and bang bang the other things like beatsticks im fond of wicket and r4 comin in through reserves... Vong...eh....we all know that one is WICKED but treadwell helps....

As far as earlier....I will say sorry...Im diabetic....and when the sugar gets low ..idk...i change you could say and its easy to make me snap (even unwarranted) im still gettin used to this condition and such...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Okay so I am locking this thread. Asking pointed questions to better understand how a squad plays and how it deals with certain challenges can be interpreted as criticism of a squad concept, but that doesn't make it acceptable to attack the person asking those questions, or to collectively and colorfully insult a portion of the community. (By the way, white is a color, too, regarding your comment that some people's names are in color.)

If you can't objectively defend a squad idea - or ANY idea, for that matter -without being offensive, then don't post. Thanks.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]