18 Moff Nyna Calixte
8 Mas Amedda
8 Gran Raider x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Tyber Zann) 4 Gran Raider
(Tyber Zann) 6 Rodian Brute x2

(200pts. 14 activations)

4 SS attackers Arica weakens the field everyone else mops up and hopefully takes advantage of merciless.

Looking for feedback is there any particular really bad matchups. Other than losing swap to Bastilla? Is there a way to tweak and make it better?

Post subject: Re: A Sirli Swap
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've always liked playing Silri with the nightsister momma, I had a squad that was similar to yours but no Arica or nyna. I had lobot and zann for tons of customization.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm not sure Nyna is worth it, especially since you'll usually use Arica similarly to how you'd use a lancer: send her out to do as much damage as possible, and accept the fact of her inevitable removal from the board.
The Nightsister Mother is a good piece that would be worth considering too.
The Defiler will be very useful with Thrawn.

This squad should have no trouble at all with SSM squads, thanks to Silri and the Defiler. I'd like to see how it plays out. Nice job!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I like the SS because most of my squad has faily low HP, gives it a little more survivability. Thinking about away to use the points without SS I came up with a couple of options one with NS Mother and one with an extra Defiler. I don't know if either of these are any better over the other. More direct damage with mother or mines and top out 100 damage with the Defilers.

--A Defiling Sirli Swap (2 Defilers No SS)
42 Silri
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Arica
31 Tyber Zann
48 Zann Consortium Defiler x2
8 Mas Amedda
8 Gran Raider x2

(Tyber Zann) 6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

OR

--The Mother of Sirli Swaps--
42 Silri
31 Arica
31 Tyber Zann
27 Nightsister Mother
24 Zann Consortium Defiler
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider

(199pts. 11 activations)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Your door control is 2 uggies? No - you will lose. Never been a top tier meta squad without override.

After fixing that problem, I believe this squad type is stronger with Ozzel. But that could be debated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Tim im gonna make you a tshirt that has Ozzel on it ..a picture of him and a caption sayin "Imperial Representin" lmao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Awesome! I'd love a shirt like that. Yeah, like I said Ozzel could be argued, that is my style.

I think lack of override is a serious issue here though

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

oh definately lol i would LOVE to see a lobot in that build if possible but i like alot of tech help...oh your doin this i jsut happen to the doorstop for it lol bam give em the business lol

HOwever bein on the recieving end of tyber is borderline rape lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TimmerB123 wrote:
Your door control is 2 uggies? No - you will lose. Never been a top tier meta squad without override.

After fixing that problem, I believe this squad type is stronger with Ozzel. But that could be debated.

Defilers have satchel charge also thought that may be enough blow the dorrs and swap all over. I will take another look see if there is something I can do to tweak it little more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:49 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Azavander wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Defilers have satchel charge also thought that may be enough blow the dorrs and swap all over. I will take another look see if there is something I can do to tweak it little more.

I forgot defilers have satchel charge. That's a bit better. Sturdier, stealthy satchel. But an R7 would be good

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well now I just took this the other way. Ton of door control still have my primary 4 attackers

--A Sirli Swap--
42 Silri
31 Arica
31 Tyber Zann
27 Lobot
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider

(Lobot) 16 R7 Astromech Droid x2
(Lobot) 4 Gran Raider

(199pts. 14 activations)

Little less door control + Ozzel
--A Sirli Swap--
42 Silri
31 Arica
31 Tyber Zann
15 Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(Tyber Zann) 8 R7 Astromech Droid

(200pts. 11 activations)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Tim, Two GenCon Top 8s say that 3 uggies is fine in the right squad. 2 Regional wins says that 1 uggie and 1 R7 is fine.

It all depends on the map you play on (and think others will bring) and how good you are at getting your guys to the right spots.

Two uggies and two defilers should be fine 95% of the time as you can swap either of them around and there really aren't that many maps with that many doors you need to take out, especially if the one you bring and are playing on 50% of the time is fine with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I gotta remember the fact that yall bring your own maps...as i dont have enough maps i think only 1 restricted map....the shop i play at to correct this lack of personal maps just sets the maps at the table and you play on w/e map is there...personally i think thats better than the current system..basically makes you build to compete on ANYTHING instead of to a particular map...like the better challenge in building lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

As far the squad I would drop nyna for ruhk so he can go deep then swap in arica or the lobot version but only use lobot and when needed go with more r7. Just my take on it though.

I won WI regional with R2 and just a uggie. Yeah I should of gone with uggiex2 forgetting Jar Jar is a master swapper.

Tim all of my games in top level play I have not played temp and done just fine other than vs you.
Three of my nine loses at regionals are to you(4 of my loses were last year) out of six regionals. Yeah I know thats not 5 regional wins or whatever it is.

I have only played in the championship once. I went 4-3 and that was the year Echo made 24 cesta saves in a row in the first round, Bobafett52 stall won vs my 3-0(he killed one uggie and stalled the game out, and I had to play Matt in the final round and was out of it by then at 4-2 because of drops)

With swap squad I am a fan of the mid round swap vs the end round.

Just saying you can do will with a lot of ways my way is swarms and mid round swap vs temp/end round swap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

urbanjedi wrote:
Tim, Two GenCon Top 8s say that 3 uggies is fine in the right squad. 2 Regional wins says that 1 uggie and 1 R7 is fine.

It all depends on the map you play on (and think others will bring) and how good you are at getting your guys to the right spots.

Two uggies and two defilers should be fine 95% of the time as you can swap either of them around and there really aren't that many maps with that many doors you need to take out, especially if the one you bring and are playing on 50% of the time is fine with it.

Last time I checked an R7 droid has override. So of course and R7 and an uggie works. I would never look at a squad with only 1 override and say it can't compete because of it. Certain builds benefit from a second override, but I personally never play without at least 1 override. I don't think I have ever been beat by a squad without override in competitive play.

I did admit that I forgot defilers have satchel charge - and that does change things. Defliers are much harder to kill, and are medium base - so many figures can swap with them.

If it was 2 uggies alone that is not enough. I will play any team with only two uggies as door control on my map and laugh at how easy it is to win. All you really need to do is kill one and you can't even swap them anymore. then it's just keeping that last one more than 6 squares away from key doors.

But regardless, in my opinion override is key more for offense than defense. ESPECIALLY with shooter squads. Opening a door across the map that the enemy is hiding behind and then shooting the crap out of them is important.

Pop quiz - what is the only piece that the last 3 GenCon World Champion squads have in common? Coincidence? I think not.

jonnyb815 wrote:
Tim all of my games in top level play I have not played temp and done just fine other than vs you.
Three of my nine loses at regionals are to you(4 of my loses were last year) out of six regionals. Yeah I know thats not 5 regional wins or whatever it is.

Jonny I admitted that adding Ozzel is debatable and it's my style of play. I never made any absolute statements about Ozzel. My greater concern was no override, before it was pointed out to me that defilers have satchel charge.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I appreciate the feedback, and realize that everyone has a slightly different style. As a more novice builder the conversation is useful as i get to see the way other people may build it. In the mean time I am trying to find something that minimizes the play mistakes I will make by being to aggressive. Hence my attraction to SS.

I could play something like LeGOWKcy to help with that because of the great defense, but that just seems boring and depending on how I do in our regional practice tourney tomorrow with this squad I may still do that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Azavander wrote:
I appreciate the feedback, and realize that everyone has a slightly different style. As a more novice builder the conversation is useful as i get to see the way other people may build it. In the mean time I am trying to find something that minimizes the play mistakes I will make by being to aggressive. Hence my attraction to SS.

I could play something like LeGOWKcy to help with that because of the great defense, but that just seems boring and depending on how I do in our regional practice tourney tomorrow with this squad I may still do that.

Don't do LeGOWKcy. It's a crutch, and you won't get better by playing it.

I actually like the idea of Silri and a Defiler (or 2). The Defilers are sluggers. They can hit for 60 damage without any help from commanders, and Thrawn and Zann can make them pretty sick. I like the idea of softening up a big target with Arica and the Defiler, then giving the finishing blow(s) with Silri, which cannot be prevented.

You can even use Drain Life 3 from Sirli at the top of her turn in addition to the attacks, and in some situations that might bring them down to below 1/2 hit points so her merciless kicks in.

The reason I think Silri works so great with Ozzel is that with Mithhrawn, Nightsister Mother and Zann she could take out a full HP Yodabuck if he fails his Drain Life 3 saves.
You would out-activate, run out a speedy medium based character to within 6 of Yodabuck, swap in Silri, move in and twin attack Yodabuck (With opportunist for 60hp, she needs only roll 3 or better) and Force Drain (additional 20 hp). Then win init with Mithhrawn, merciless kicks in since Yodbuck is half dead - twin for another 60 that cannot be blocked, and finish him off with another FD3, all in 2 consecutive activations (one at the end of the round, 1 at the beginning) from Silri. Kinda sick. Obviously virtually every other fig has less hp than Yodabuck - so it's even easier with other targets that have less hp (no matter what their defense is)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:16 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thanks for the breakdown that really helps. I will let you guys know how I do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Gotta couple of games tonight with the below version of the squad. First matchup against a vader arica swap, no problem sirli took out vader pretty easy. then it was clean up.

The matchup against a jolting bounty hunter bastilla squad was pretty rough. Had a tough time running bastilla out of force poitns and losing the CE hurt. I got sirli in deep before he turned it on and the got jolted by cad and slaughtered. By the time I finally outlasted bastilla time was just about over. And I had to be over aggressive to make up for the 45 point deficit I had and ended up losing Arica and NSM.

Both games were played on smugglers base.

--A Sirli Swap--
42 Silri
31 Arica
31 Tyber Zann
27 Nightsister Mother
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Gran Raider
6 Rodian Brute x2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I still like the original, it looks good on paper, maybe with an R7 instead of the two Gran Raiders. In the original, I'm not totally sure that Moff Nyna Calixte is worth the points in every matchup; maybe I'd try something like Arden Lyn (except I don't have her...), or Rukh, or just more activations, but I'm going to take it for a spin sometime. I like the idea of an Imperial squad with a bunch of medium threats who are all quite different from each other, and look like they synergise well together.