logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Force Abilities vs Force Defense
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

How does Force Defense effect force abilities? Does it at all. I know (or should I say assume) that if a character tries to activate their force ability, and is within 6 squares of an enemy character with force defense - that enemy may cancel it.

BUT - how does the interaction work if it has already been activated. For example - Bastila pops her ABM, but an enemy Master Thon is not close enough to defense. Can Thon move up to within 6 of Bastila and use Force Defense to then shut it off, or can Force Defense (or force absorb) only be used at the moment it is activated?

And if Thon can move in to turn it off after it is turned on, then to further complicate it here's a different situation. What happens to Bastila's allies that are benfiting from ABM if Thon moves to within 6 of the allies (but not Bastila) and uses Force Defense? Is it nothing? Or do just those allies of Bastila that are with 6 of the Force Defense lose ABM?

Post subject: Re: Force Abilities vs Force Defense
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:20 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You can use Force Defense at the moment the Force Ability is being activated to prevent it from being activated in the first place (as you correctly assume). After that, you cannot use Force Defense to turn it off. That would be similar to trying to use Force Defense to turn off Force Cloak or Force Valor after they've been activated, which clearly you can't do.

Basically, after the ability has been successfully activated, there is no interaction between Force Defense and Force Abilities.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It follows the precedent set by Dark Force Spirit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks.

I assume the same goes for Ysalamiri. If you had GAT or Pelleon within 6 of Bastilla, she could not activate it. But after she does - you can't turn it off with the bubble, you can only protect your allies inside the bubble. Even her allies inside the bubble would still get their +10 damage if I am understanding this right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

No, characters with Force Immunity cannot be affected by Force Abilities. Despite the continual reuse of the old wording, Force Immunity does not allow characters to be affected by other character's Force Powers, not just enemies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Sithborg wrote:
No, characters with Force Immunity cannot be affected by Force Abilities. Despite the continual reuse of the old wording, Force Immunity does not allow characters to be affected by other character's Force Powers, not just enemies.

That's no fun!

Trollolololololololololol.

Who gave Palps on Throne evade? And who made the Yammosk sooo cheap?

Proud Creator of the abbreviation AnaSTAP.