logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Before we make the second or third version of characters from some video game or some obscure comic or novel, let's finish making the characters from the movies.

I'll kick off the list -

Jedi council needs to be rounded out -

Yaddle
Oppo Rancisis
Jocasta Nu
Yarael Poof
Coleman Trebor

I really think these need to be given to us. Thanks

Let's add to the list of characters that appear in the movies


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Luke's family on Tatooine, although I don't know that they have much potential as minis:
Beru Lars
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Shmi Skywalker

Also on Tatooine:
Sebulba
Watto

Also in the Phantom Menace:
Supreme Chancellor Valorum
Boss Nass


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 am
Posts: 532
Location: Eugene Oregon
I can not copy and paste but this would be the best reference I could find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St ... characters

_________________
Text Based RP @ The Galactic War Site


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Azavander wrote:
I can not copy and paste but this would be the best reference I could find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St ... characters



The Movies that list is all the EU.

What a topic!

Here is the start,

Star Wars (or A New Hope to you youngsters, yes this movie is actually called Star Wars)

EPISODE IV:A NEW HOPE

Cantina/Mos Eisley






1.Danz Borin
2.Lirin Car'n
3.Melas
4.Reegesk
5.Sai'torr Kal Fas
6.Solomahal
7.Tzizvvt
8.Garouf Lafoe
9.Yerka Mig
10.Spacer 1
11.Swilla Corey
12.Mosep


Rebel/Imperial background characters


1. Lieutenant Treidum
2. Commander Jir
3. Commander Praji
4. Lieutenant Childsen
5. Lieutenant Tanbris
6. Captain Khurgee
7. General Bob Hudsol
8. Commander Lajaie
9. Commander Willard
10. Del Goren
11. Rebel Technician
12. Generic Blue Symbol Rebel Pilot
13. Gold 3 Ryle Torsyn
14. Gold 5 Davish "Pops" Krail
15. Gold 6 Hol Okand
16. Red 7 Elyhek Rue
17. Red 8 Bren Quersey
18. Red 10 Theron Nett
19. Red12 Unnamed


EPISODE V:THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK






1.Toryn Farr
2.Wyron Serper
3.Captain Lennox
4.Commander Nement
5.Bridge Technician
6.Lieutenant Cabbel
7.Captain Bewil
8.Lieutenant Sheckil
9.Bridge Technician M'Kae
10.Bespin Guard #2
11.Bespin Guard #3
12.E-3PO
13.Lee Phenets
14.Treva Horme
15.Wiorkettle
16.IG-88 B

EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI

Jabba's Palace/Battle of Sarlaac




1. 2-1A
2. Sergeant Doallyn
3. Fozec
4. Garon Nas Tal
5. Geezum
6. Harc Seff
7. Jess
8. Pucumir Thryss
9. Shasa Tiel
10. Skiff Green Nikto
11. Taym Dren-garen
12. Vedain
13. Velken Tezeri
14. Barge Weequay
15. Yoxgit

Battle of Endor








Imperials

01. Ars Dangor
02. Sate Pestage
03. Sim Aloo
04. Commander Igar
05. Lieutenant Watts
06. Major Marquand

Rebel Alliance

07. Commander Carlson
08. Corporal Delevar
09. Corporal Kensaric
10. Endor Rebel With Nice Hat
11. Lieutenant Greeve
12. Nik Sant
13. Sergeant Bruckman
14. Wallex Blissex
15. Rebel Hotties
17. 2 Other Ishi Tibs
18. R3 and R5 Astromech Droids
21. Kier Santage
22. Kin Kian
24. Lando Calrissian (Endor Celebration)

Noteable Ewoks

25. AT-ST Ewok #1
26. AT-ST Ewok #2
27. Kazak
28. Lumat
29. Rabin
30. Tamat
31. Wompus

Misc

32. AV-6R7


Miscelaneous movie characters

#01 Elis Helrot
#02 M'iiyoom Onith
#03 CZ-3/CZ-4
#04 Umpass Stay
#05 Hermi Odle

#07 Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
#08 R2-TO
#09 R5-M2
#10 Wes Janson
#11 Ak-Rev
#12 Bane Malar
#13 Yarna D'al
#14 Dorovio Bold
#15 Leektar
#16 Wokling
#17 Willrow Hood
#18 Braniac
#19 Dice Ibegon
#20 Trinto Duaba
#21 Wioslea
#22 R5-K2
#23 Rebel Hanger Technician
#24 Kesin Ommis
#25 Colonel Dyer
#26 Nik Sant in Disguise
#27 B-Wing Pilot
#28 Keoulkeech
#29 Captain Needa
#30 Luke Medical Frigate
#31 Leia Medical Frigate
#32 Clegg Holdfast
#33 Ratts Tyrrell
#34 Rum Sleg
#35 John D Red 4
#36 Hrchek Kal Fas
#37 Leesub Sirln
#38 R3-O1
#39 Bespin Guard #1
#40 Utris M'Toc
#41 BG-J38
#42 Giran
#43 Nysad
#44 Warok
#45 Bom Vimdin
#46 Hoth Rebel
#47 Kithaba
#48 Weequay Skiff Master
#49 Wooof




R5-D4
EV-9D9
Saelt-Marae
Lak Sivrak
Pote Snitkin
Orrimaarko
Interogation Droid
Nabrun Leids
Max Rebo
Sy Snootles
Droopy McCool

_________________
ImageImage


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Danville IL
Can we go with Nein Nub, I don't think that thing in Universe should count as a figure for him LOL.

_________________
Winning a tournament always allows doing whatever is within the rules to win. - Billiv15


[===0=]=============>


Sentinel for Life!


Last edited by audrisampson on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:48 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
TheHutts wrote:
Sebulba
Watto
Boss Nass


Hmm . . .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
for the record - I only recognize about 6-7 names on that big list.



but as far as the Ewoks -


R5Don4 wrote:
Azavander wrote:
Noteable Ewoks

25. AT-ST Ewok #1
26. AT-ST Ewok #2
27. Kazak
28. Lumat
29. Rabin
30. Tamat
31. Wompus


Where's Chief Chirpa!?! About time we get an Ewok CE. There's also Teebo, Paploo (on speeder perhaps?) and Princess Kneesaa.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:02 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
R5Don4 wrote:
EPISODE V:THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

1.Toryn Farr
2.Wyron Serper
3.Captain Lennox
4.Commander Nement
5.Bridge Technician
6.Lieutenant Cabbel
7.Captain Bewil
8.Lieutenant Sheckil
9.Bridge Technician M'Kae
10.Bespin Guard #2
11.Bespin Guard #3
12.E-3PO
13.Lee Phenets
14.Treva Horme
15.Wiorkettle
16.IG-88 B


Let's not forget Rebel Force Major Derlin (Played by John Ratzenberger - AKA Cliff Claven from Cheers)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
R5Don4 wrote:
Azavander wrote:
Rebel/Imperial background characters


1. Lieutenant Treidum
2. Commander Jir
3. Commander Praji
4. Lieutenant Childsen
5. Lieutenant Tanbris
6. Captain Khurgee
7. General Bob Hudsol
8. Commander Lajaie
9. Commander Willard
10. Del Goren
11. Rebel Technician
12. Generic Blue Symbol Rebel Pilot
13. Gold 3 Ryle Torsyn
14. Gold 5 Davish "Pops" Krail
15. Gold 6 Hol Okand
16. Red 7 Elyhek Rue
17. Red 8 Bren Quersey
18. Red 10 Theron Nett
19. Red12 Unnamed



What about Admiral Motti!?! He talks s@#t to Vader and lives!


How did you come up with this list? It seems like there are a ton of characters missing and all these that I have never heard of.

Could it be that this is what was credited in the movies, and certain characters' names have been changed later (I know they did that for a lot of the toys) and/or ret-coned in (retroactive continuity).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Ree-Yees
Saelt-Marae
Zutton (aka Snaggletooth)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Someone needs to play the ccg then you will know all the characters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Mos Eisley Cantina:


Ariq Joanson


Arleil Schous


Baniss Keeg


Boelo (Jabba's henchman, back of head can be seen on left side of Cantina behind Tonnika Twins)


Bom Vimdin


Brainiac (as seen in Holiday Special)


Colonel # 2 (cut scene left side of bar wears scarf around neck, mask also used in Holiday Special, alley of Mos Eisley)

Danz Borin (aka Spaceman # 1)


Davelynn Schmee


Debnoli


Dice Ibegon

Elis Helrot (back of head can be seen in alcove behind Greedo, when Greedo is sitting down confronting Han)


Ellors Madak

Eyvind (local farmer, seen from back only talking to Merc Sunlet)


Feltipern Trevagg


F'u Man-Chu (sits in same alcove with Brainiac, Bom Vimdin, & Hem Dazon)


Garouf Lafoe


Hem Dazon


Het Nkik


Hrcheck Kal Fas (aka Crocker # 1)


Jenny (aka Local Girl # 1 as seen in movie, yes she's in there & cut scene)


Kabe (aka the Bat)


Ketwol


Kitik Keed'kak (aka Praying Mantis)


Labria


Lak Sivrak (only in original version, not Special Edition)


Leesub Sirin (aka Weird Girl)


Little Aunt Beru (real life girlfriend to actor who played "Flash Gordan midget")


Lirin Car'n (NOT a member of the Modal Nodes)


M'iiyoom Onith


Merc Sunlet


Melas

Mosep (aka Walrus # 1 white hair w/ top notch left side of bar)


Muftak


Myo


Nabrun Leids (aka Plutonian)


Neesh (aka Martian # 2, NOT Greedo, Greedo stands at right side of Cantina until he crosses over to confront Han)

Reegesk (aka Rodent)

Rycard Ryjerd (aka Flash Gordon midget) [cut scene used in Holiday Special]


Sai'torr Kal Fas (aka Crocker # 2)

Solomahal (aka Colonel # 1 sits at right side of Cantina, no scarf around neck)

Swilla Corey (aka Local Girl # 2)


Takeel (aka Snaggletooth # 1 stands at bar & sits at left side of Cantina)


Tawss Khaa (aka Walrus # 2 red hair, no top notch sits right side of cantina)


Thuku (aka Martian # 3 stands at left side of Cantina cut scene)


Trinto Duaba (aka Terminal Man)


Tzizvvt (aka the Fly yes, he's in the movie)


Wioslea (aka Grasshopper sits in 2nd alcove at right of bar)

Yerka Mig

Zutton (aka Snaggletooth # 2 sits at back right side of Cantina)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: Cincinnati, OH
jonnyb815 wrote:
Someone needs to play the ccg then you will know all the characters.

I bought an eBay auction of like 3500 cards that's sitting in my closet. If there is demand, I can try to pull out character profiles and post the info here for the designers' benefit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
We're never gonna get to every character, but I think we need to at LEAST have characters that a semi-casual fan (or at least not an uber-nerd freak) can name.

I mean - I've been called an uber-nerd freak, but if I've never even heard of a character . . .


The rest of the (movie) Jedi Council seems like a must.

Admiral Motti and Chief Chirpa need to happen too.

And ANYONE that has a line.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 3502
TimmerB123 wrote:
We're never gonna get to every character, but I think we need to at LEAST have characters that a semi-casual fan (or at least not an uber-nerd freak) can name.

I mean - I've been called an uber-nerd freak, but if I've never even heard of a character . . .


The rest of the (movie) Jedi Council seems like a must.

Admiral Motti and Chief Chirpa need to happen too.

And ANYONE that has a line.


This is way more reasonable than EVERYONE IN THE MOVIES. As if Feltipern Trevagg is less obscure than any given video game or comic book character. Seriously, who the hell is that?

Motti and Chirpa are really good choices. I'd really like to see the rest of the Jedi Council too, that's why I was happy that we finally made Eeth Koth in Vengeance. That should keep up.

I will say that doing anyone with a line might not be a good idea. Some characters just really aren't good for a skirmish game. They aren't combatants or commanders of any kind and just wouldn't realistically have any value in a skirmish. For example, what abilities would a Shmi Skywalker have? Or a Beru Lars? "Serve Blue Milk"?

And I swear I quit the game when we make a little kid Anakin Skywalker. That's where I draw the line.

_________________
"An elegant, easy-to-understand concept or mechanic that accomplishes 95% of what you want is much better than a clunky, obtuse mechanic that gets you 100%" - Rob Daviau

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:17 am
Posts: 2931
Come on Tim, you didn't even mention the ewok adventure movies. What about cyndal, mace (her brother), and the fast little fuzz ball called Teage or something like that. He could have the fastest speed of anyone in the game right now. Give him a speed 20 and he could be the next swap fodder piece.

_________________
"But one thing I have learned in this process is that flavor can't override the good of the game."
-urbanshmi2-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Danville IL
Have we considered Torso Anakin yet. Make him like Han in Carbonite but sinced he screamed and whined like a B**** he can get disruptive.

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr96 ... Anakin.jpg

_________________
Winning a tournament always allows doing whatever is within the rules to win. - Billiv15


[===0=]=============>


Sentinel for Life!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 6568
Location: Southern IL
audrisampson wrote:
Have we considered Torso Anakin yet. Make him like Han in Carbonite but sinced he screamed and whined like a B**** he can get disruptive.

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr96 ... Anakin.jpg


viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11527


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Danville IL
swinefeld wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
Have we considered Torso Anakin yet. Make him like Han in Carbonite but sinced he screamed and whined like a B**** he can get disruptive.

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr96 ... Anakin.jpg


viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11527


Pretty good idea, but I think Disruptive is more fitting then Higher Ground.. I would love to order the sculpt though.

_________________
Winning a tournament always allows doing whatever is within the rules to win. - Billiv15


[===0=]=============>


Sentinel for Life!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Let's finish making all the characters in the movies!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Echo wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
We're never gonna get to every character, but I think we need to at LEAST have characters that a semi-casual fan (or at least not an uber-nerd freak) can name.

I mean - I've been called an uber-nerd freak, but if I've never even heard of a character . . .


The rest of the (movie) Jedi Council seems like a must.

Admiral Motti and Chief Chirpa need to happen too.

And ANYONE that has a line.


This is way more reasonable than EVERYONE IN THE MOVIES. As if Feltipern Trevagg is less obscure than any given video game or comic book character. Seriously, who the hell is that?

Motti and Chirpa are really good choices. I'd really like to see the rest of the Jedi Council too, that's why I was happy that we finally made Eeth Koth in Vengeance. That should keep up.

I will say that doing anyone with a line might not be a good idea. Some characters just really aren't good for a skirmish game. They aren't combatants or commanders of any kind and just wouldn't realistically have any value in a skirmish. For example, what abilities would a Shmi Skywalker have? Or a Beru Lars? "Serve Blue Milk"?

And I swear I quit the game when we make a little kid Anakin Skywalker. That's where I draw the line.



I do think anyone with a line could work. At least be a fun character. We just need to be creative. These are just thoughts off the top of my head:

Shmi Skywalker - "Path to the Dark side" - When this character is defeated, one ally gains sith rage and loses 2 defense.
"There was no father" - Adjacent characters may replace turn to gain a force point

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru : "Begin your destiny" - When this character is defeated, one ally gains intution.
"Serve Bloo Milk" - Characters ending there turn adjacent to this character may remove 10 damage.

those are just a few ideas. Anyway - it's not like mouse droids, Han in Carbonite, Sidious Hologram, K-3PO, Sly Moore, Gha Gnackt etc really scream to be made into minis for a skirmish game. They were made and some of them given abilities that are a stretch to what they actually do in the SW universe (if not downright ridiculous). I mean - did Sidious Hologram REALLY give force out to anyone nearby on it's team. That is PREPOSTEROUS! BUT . . . it comes in handy as a mechanic for a skirmish game.

Here's another question - how many 3 3/4 inch figures were made that have not been done into minis? We seriously should be able to eclipse those.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield