PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:21 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was thinking about this and it just might work:

Thrawn
Boba merc
stormie/gran
99pts/3 activations.

It is a bit light on activations, but i really think this could hurt the 100pt jedi builds.

Bane: You have almost guaranteed init, so Boba can set up for 60 DAM pops and with Bane will never get to him. Make him take Thrawn out first. It will take a single attack and a turn of double attacks to kill thrawn. I figure you should ideally get in three attacks for 180 DAM most of the time.

Vader: A bit harder to hit, but same goes as Vader cannot deflect. Again by throwing Thrawn in the way, you can hopefully give Boba the breathing room he needs.

The problem may be against HAL/han, boba. You are out activated, but if they have to come to you at all, Boba's auto init can about drop any Han.

Again activations are the low point, but the auto init, intuition, and force immunity may help it out.

Any thoughts?

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:10 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Looks good Dragon. Gonna be hard to overcome the lack of activations though, especially if you lose control over the init. Other good shooter squads could hurt it as well.

And where's the wookie? :D

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:31 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Boba killed them already. :D

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:04 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Looks good. Low on activations, though.
This squad does look like it stands a chance against beats, if you maneuver your minis right.

Post subject: Re: Thrawn's merc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:07 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithdragon13 wrote:
I was thinking about this and it just might work:

Thrawn
Boba merc
stormie/gran
99pts/3 activations.

It is a bit light on activations, but i really think this could hurt the 100pt jedi builds.

Bane: You have almost guaranteed init, so Boba can set up for 60 DAM pops and with Bane will never get to him. Make him take Thrawn out first. It will take a single attack and a turn of double attacks to kill thrawn. I figure you should ideally get in three attacks for 180 DAM most of the time.

Vader: A bit harder to hit, but same goes as Vader cannot deflect. Again by throwing Thrawn in the way, you can hopefully give Boba the breathing room he needs.

The problem may be against HAL/han, boba. You are out activated, but if they have to come to you at all, Boba's auto init can about drop any Han.

Again activations are the low point, but the auto init, intuition, and force immunity may help it out.

Any thoughts?

I really don't think that this could handle many of the best 100 pointers out there.

60 damage is not enough for a max damage. JWM's, any override heavy squad and many different other builds (ewok swarm) will handle it easily.

Looks like a really fun squad though, I will play it one of these days!

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Except keep in mind that the JWMs cant deflect with Thrawn out there. It would all come down to map and positioning.

Against JWMs i would leave Thrawn in back, so they cant assault and i automatically get the intuition to get away. It will be tight, especially with the low activations, but i would be interested to test this and see how it does.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Except keep in mind that the JWMs cant deflect with Thrawn out there. It would all come down to map and positioning.

Against JWMs i would leave Thrawn in back, so they cant assault and i automatically get the intuition to get away. It will be tight, especially with the low activations, but i would be interested to test this and see how it does.

So now Boba needs to roll 9's to hit the JWM's too. You are also outactivated and have no door control. As soon as those JWM's advance you are really gonna be in for a hurting. (Especially on a map that helps the JWM's be in gambit while hiding)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:00 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

In the hands of the experienced, this squad could work wonders

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roque Saber wrote:
In the hands of the experienced, this squad could work wonders

How so?

No door control, low damage output, and little activations. It seems that against a GOOD player it wouldn't to well, but against a newer player it would work very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:17 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the new Boba and all, but in a competative squad he can't do enough area-effect damage ( flamethrower, missles ect. ) or really high attack, high damage. He's not strong enough to be your #1 shooter guy I think. It looks fun to play, however.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee