Warmaster
Warmaster

65 Master Kavar
64 Master Thon
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
16 Juggernaut War Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2

Thon gives evazan a ride, and the force, then the pair charge in and destroy the universe. Kavar can try to keep up if he feels like it for the extra healing but he doesn't need to. Or, should the situation call for it, Kavar can take a ride and the good Dr. can play catchup. Either way, the thought of Thon teaching the good Dr. to use the force while he rides on his back preforming "surgery" made me giggle so I had to post it.

Post subject: Re: I call it, "My bad idea"
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LOL thats a fun flavor. I almost think uggies for door control instead of the War Droid. That would give you a few more activations.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I was actually thinking of doing that but then I wouldn't have a mobile shatterbeam that can also do 30 damage (though I am still not sure why Droids would be subject to force effects).

Also, I just noticed, Thon can charge for 80 then heal for 50 a round and has avoid defeat with MotF 2. I made a beast cannon ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

That sounds a bit like our friend Chris's squad. He had Baron Do Sage on Thon's back to give Thon a moving force barrier against shooters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

hannahcannon wrote:
That sounds a bit like our friend Chris's squad. He had Baron Do Sage on Thon's back to give Thon a moving force barrier against shooters.

Haha, I actually debated doing that till I realized, wait, GOWK, hey, Surgery beats GOWK, heals Thon, Gives avoid defeat, YAY!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I've been trying to get a competitive version of Thon/Kavar together for a while. I think right now Im leaning towards a version without lobot so I can add a lot of fluff activations.

Thon
Kavar
Bastilla
Baron De Sage/Dr Evazen
Mice
Uggies

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

audrisampson wrote:
I've been trying to get a competitive version of Thon/Kavar together for a while. I think right now Im leaning towards a version without lobot so I can add a lot of fluff activations.

Thon
Kavar
Bastilla
Baron De Sage/Dr Evazen
Mice
Uggies

Activations were never on my radar. Tun o mouses? Repulse, lots of mid range groupies? Mind trick 3. Lancers? Bastilla. The only real bad issue you have is with accurate shooters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedi_Master wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

Thon
Kavar
Bastilla
Baron De Sage/Dr Evazen
Mice
Uggies

Activations were never on my radar. Tun o mouses? Repulse, lots of mid range groupies? Mind trick 3. Lancers? Bastilla. The only real bad issue you have is with accurate shooters.

Yup basically, but Strafers can be really bad since it will be really hard to stop them from making multiple runs.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Replace Dr. Evazan with an OR Senator. With Twin, you could deal an extra 70 damage a turn while Bastilla is using ABM.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithborg wrote:
Replace Dr. Evazan with an OR Senator. With Twin, you could deal an extra 70 damage a turn while Bastilla is using ABM.

That would also allow yet another 3 pt figure if you don't go with Lobot.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithborg wrote:

Yeah but that still leaves me with dealing with block/defense/parry/soresu mastery where as with evazan on his back I have a very mobile opportunistic shooter and a homicidal surgery 30 that can't be blocked by those things. Not to mention the likelihood of healing that 30 and giving thon avoid defeat, a huge thing when he has MotF 2

audrisampson wrote:
Yup basically, but Strafers can be really bad since it will be really hard to stop them from making multiple runs.

Strafe, while a pain, is something Thon can catch up to and evazan can survive normally (assuming bastilla kicks in) The whole point is I can take thon and move 16 spaces then twin, charging assault, maybe bastilla followed up with a guaranteed 30 damage from the good Dr.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:39 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Wouldn't you just target Dr. Evazan instead of Thon at first. Once the doctor is dead you get rid of all the healing and avoid defeat stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jedi_Master wrote:
I was actually thinking of doing that but then I wouldn't have a mobile shatterbeam that can also do 30 damage (though I am still not sure why Droids would be subject to force effects).

Also, I just noticed, Thon can charge for 80 then heal for 50 a round and has avoid defeat with MotF 2. I made a beast cannon ^^

I don't know how your charging for 80.
You charge and hit for 30 (40 with abm activated) twin for 20 more (30 with abm activated). That's 70 max not 80. And plz tell me that you didn't decide to go with the dr to deal with GOWK. I don't know what the issue is with GOWK, he isn't that hard to deal with (zannah is a much bigger issue). Thon has ways to deal with GOWK on his own. If your using the dr for avoid defeat and to heal Thon then fine but plz don't say you decided on him to deal with GOWK, as I don't think that is an acceptable excuse. There are numerous ways to deal with GOWK that was proved before the original change to ssm. Thon has a ton of options as far as who to tow around and all are valid but I don't like that it seems everyone is going back to "well how can I deal with GOWK?". I will not believe that GOWK is a threat and that he should be getting this much attention untill I see that GOWK wins a regional against other top players.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

From what I saw in Lansing, Imperial Commandos and Strafe are the new evil...

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Agreed, but I would also say accurate shot or speeders. The top 2 squads (1st, and 2nd place) had accurate handmaidens and commandos respectively and 3rd had speeders.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Accurate has always struck me as being one of the more powerful abilities in the game.

I love seeing Veers squads winning. I commented in the chat on SHNN back when Atris was just out about running the EHMs with Veers. As I recall, the response was kinda, "meh, the Echani are too squishy for that to work." :P

In fairness, the map list was not so favorable for them at the time, but in the hands of a good player...

On topic, I like Thon carrying a Baran Do :mrgreen: , and a Senator is a great idea (no way to get that tricky LOS to snipe it). :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

sthlrd2 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:

I don't know how your charging for 80.
You charge and hit for 30 (40 with abm activated) twin for 20 more (30 with abm activated). That's 70 max not 80. And plz tell me that you didn't decide to go with the dr to deal with GOWK. I don't know what the issue is with GOWK, he isn't that hard to deal with (zannah is a much bigger issue). Thon has ways to deal with GOWK on his own. If your using the dr for avoid defeat and to heal Thon then fine but plz don't say you decided on him to deal with GOWK, as I don't think that is an acceptable excuse. There are numerous ways to deal with GOWK that was proved before the original change to ssm. Thon has a ton of options as far as who to tow around and all are valid but I don't like that it seems everyone is going back to "well how can I deal with GOWK?". I will not believe that GOWK is a threat and that he should be getting this much attention untill I see that GOWK wins a regional against other top players.

I see we don't have much of a reader in our presence. The argument wasn't specifically for GOWK but for any character who has a way to avoid a melee attack. GOWK is just the most apt at doing so (sor + mettle + MOTF 2 = rarely dealt damage till you drain his force). As for taking out the good Dr, I already stated accurate shot would be the biggest issue with this set up unless Kavar takes the ride. Also, Dr. over most others for me because he can actually shoot (+12 for 30 with ABM) and do guaranteed damage in melee (Homicidal Surgery 30) while still providing benefits for Thon.

As for the Bar Do, while it is nice to have that force power to defend Thon I am happier with the healing and avoid defeat than the occasionally reliable defense against range, especially on a melee piece.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Jedi_Master wrote:
sthlrd2 wrote:
As for the Bar Do, while it is nice to have that force power to defend Thon I am happier with the healing and avoid defeat than the occasionally reliable defense against range, especially on a melee piece.

I agree, especially since you need to spend an activation at the beginning of the round to gain the protection. With a low-activation squad, you'll be wanting to attack during those early activations, rather than defend. I can see good uses for both Evazan and the Senator. Evazan will be Target #1 vs accurate shooters, but his healing and auto-damage will be helpful in other matchups.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:03 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

i like the bar do trick at 150 use it like the tow yodabuck/gungan squads.
At 200 I think the trooper that is 20 pts is your best buy since he is adj or not can do 90 damage with BSJM. Thats just a thought thou. Yeah your not damaging GOWK but you can take out a rex,han,Dash,atton,Carth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't say I'm not much of a reader. GOWK has been getting a lot of attention all over these boards since Brad posted his "leGOWKcy" squad and you mentioned him before you said anything about parry, evade, etc etc etc...

All I was saying there are a ton of ways to deal with GOWK, not just direct damage. Parry - well shoot em, evade - base em. I shouldn't have to mention ways to deal with ways of avoiding damage. If your having a hard time dealing with all the ways to avoid damage, which is just part of the game, then just run Silri and you won't have to deal with any of them.