logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: For the fun of it (sith)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I decided to make a squad for each point value that I believe would be amusing to play with. Here is the 200 pointer.

That red gow.
69 Darth Sion
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
27 Darth Bandon
23 Jarael
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
21 Mouse Droid x7

Give either Zuckuss or Jarael the dark spirit (more likely zuckuss as he will be next to kun more often) and pump kun full of renewal so Scion can re-use his EH a few times should he not come across absorb (or fail the save). Thanks to bandon, Jarael is actually not half bad and if she gets the sith rage she can hit fairly hard for her point cost. Not the best squad by a long shot but I think I'll have some fun with it.

Post subject: Re: For the fun of it (sith)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Exar does not get the force renewal, as he is not subject to CEs. See the glossary definition of Dark Spirit.

This is somewhat similar to the squad I played at GenCon 2011, except that I used Malak, DLOTS as the main beatstick, supplemented with Dash and a Twilek BSV to give Jarael Greater Mobile. I generally haunted Jarael--it takes some careful placement, but if you can pull off a moving Triple with Bandon's CE AND Rage even once, it's usually worth it. Haunting someone like Zuckuss definitely has possibilities, though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

UrbanShmi wrote:
Exar does not get the force renewal, as he is not subject to CEs. See the glossary definition of Dark Spirit.

This is somewhat similar to the squad I played at GenCon 2011, except that I used Malak, DLOTS as the main beatstick, supplemented with Dash and a Twilek BSV to give Jarael Greater Mobile. I generally haunted Jarael--it takes some careful placement, but if you can pull off a moving Triple with Bandon's CE AND Rage even once, it's usually worth it. Haunting someone like Zuckuss definitely has possibilities, though.

Light spirit, yes, dark spirit however has no errata right now :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:41 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Dark Spirit

Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force Renewal 1 and Sith Rage while within 4 squares of this character. This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 11. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Good squad, but you do need some door control. Throw in a few uggies or an R8 and you should be good. The squad won't be too much fun if your locked in a room all game.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.