logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Callin out the Danville crew!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

What time do you think you'll be down here? We might be able to go to a shop in the mall if we're not planning on going too late. I don't think anyone has room to set up for more than 2 games at a time at their house.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure on a time yet, as of right now I would say around 11 am. As soon as I get a more definitive answer I will let you know, but as for now plan on 11 as I think that is a decent guess.
Having to get the kids ready and out of the house takes time. I will talk with my wife about it tonight. I'm sure we can make something work, if it has to be only 2 games going at a time then so be it, we can deal with it.

Danville regional? Really? When is that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

It will be in the middle of June. I've got a thread set up in the Regional area.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Well, at the moment there's just the four of us until we can get some confirmation from some of the other local players. I don't really anticipate having more than 6 or 7 people though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Royal rumble plays 3-4 at a time as you know so a group of 6-7 with only 2 tables to play at a time would be fine, the problem arises when we try and do skirmish to Playtest for regionals. How many from your crew were planing the trip to Lansing to attend the first regional of the year? And of course the question I always ask Tim before every big tourny. What do you think will be the most run squad? Mace/GOWK squads? OR? It's probably safe to say that audri will be running OR and that's no surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:30 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

sthlrd2 wrote:
Royal rumble plays 3-4 at a time as you know so a group of 6-7 with only 2 tables to play at a time would be fine, the problem arises when we try and do skirmish to Playtest for regionals. How many from your crew were planing the trip to Lansing to attend the first regional of the year? And of course the question I always ask Tim before every big tourny. What do you think will be the most run squad? Mace/GOWK squads? OR? It's probably safe to say that audri will be running OR and that's no surprise.

Well Im thinking we might have 5-6 maybe. As far as most played I figure I'm going to see a ton of GOWK. On another note.. Yeah I'm totally playing OR.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:35 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We are aiming to be there between 11-12. I am planing on bringing 6-9 royal rumble squads and 2-3 possible regional squads and my extras if I can ever get through them to sort them out. I will tell Tim to do the same when ever he gets back from Mexico.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

sthlrd2 wrote:
We are aiming to be there between 11-12. I am planing on bringing 6-9 royal rumble squads and 2-3 possible regional squads and my extras if I can ever get through them to sort them out. I will tell Tim to do the same when ever he gets back from Mexico.

That sounds pretty good :)

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:10 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Sounds like it'll be fun. I'll have to go through my stuff this week and come up with a few royal rumble squads also.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hannahcannon wrote:
Sounds like it'll be fun. I'll have to go through my stuff this week and come up with a few royal rumble squads also.

If you think of something you wanna try but don't have those specific pieces either let me know and I can bring them or just proxy it, this is supposed to be fun, I don't want to see someone say "well I wanted to play this but don't have that piece so I'll just play this instead". Let me know if you need me to bring any specific pieces or if you just wanna use one of the various squads that I will bring.

Ohh, and I should mention that we have talked about banning diplomats from this format. It's not really an issue that comes up in this format but during some playtesting of the format we did have a guy mess around with diplomats thinking he would be the last man standing so we were discussing possibly just saying no diplomats but really it's not much of an issue (when you only have 2 guys out at a time, do you really wanna waste a spot on a diplomat). Weve also had some issues with Celeste turning everyone into rakgouls taking some of the point of this format. She is still deadly with jh and duelist and the ability to cloak herself but we are leaning towards saying no bringing in of other figs, that way betrayal would still work, no other fig was brought in, he's just controlled by someone else now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:58 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what you guys were able to set up yet as far as a place to game goes but my wife said that her sister lives right across the street from the mall so if the store in the mall is cool with us playing there then that would work out really well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:35 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

That is what the plan is. Tommorrow I'm going to visit that store to try to get some details nailed down for the Regional and the get together on Sunday.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oh it's on! Got the official word that I am off work on Sunday.

I think I'm gonna try out something fun and very different (at least for me) for a 200pt squad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Awsome sauce!!! Look forward to having you join us :)

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Alright just talked to Floyd at BC Collectibles, said he love to have us on Sunday. When are you guys getting to town?

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I will be aiming for 11 but with kids that might be pushed later. I will be there between 11 and 12 for sure. I will post on here when we're leaving so that you have a better idea. I am approximately 2hrs from Danville.
Although Tim probably won't be joining us. He just found out that when he called to confirm that he was off, the lady read the schedule wrong and he is scheduled to work that Sunday. He said he was gonna try and get someone to cover for him but not sure how that will pan out. I am going to plan on him being a no go and if something works out then cool.
I think I looked it up right. The address is 2917 vermillion right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Its BC Collectibles inside the mall. Just go in any entrance near Sears, Elder bearman or the main one by Garfields and it will be right next door to Cellular One. Pretty small mall, really cant miss the place. HannahCannon and I will get there around 11am then so we can catch ya. I don't know if your interested but the shop owner just stocked up on boosters with the regional in June and the game picking up here. He has Jedi Academy, Dark Times, and Masters of the Force.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ooohh, I just might be interested in some dark times and Jedi academy. How much are the boosters there. We could purchase boosters, then have a royal rumble tourny.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I think they are going to be 15 with a bit of a bulk purchase discount that isnt much.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Last night HannahCannon and I worked on some pairs for Royal Rumble. I really like what I have together.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!