Moff Nyna Calixte 18
Admiral Gilad Pellaeon 16
General Veers 21
General Weir 28
Storm Commando x3 51
Mas Amedda 8
Lobot 27

200pts 10acts

Pretty brutal and creative...lobot has alot of options as does Pellaeon lol Pretty dirty breed of SS lol Please give some feedback :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Gestapo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Yay it finally posted XD lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IMO I like the other thrawn better with weir/commando squads. I know the cunning/opportunist is cool but I like the +3,+3 and the double bubble. I think it's more of a preference thing but I just like grand admiral thrawn better with squads like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

AcheronFate wrote:
mithThrawn 32
Moff Nyna Calixte 18
Admiral Gilad Pellaeon 16
General Veers 21
General Weir 28
Storm Commando x3 51
Mas Amedda 8
Lobot 27

200pts 10acts

Pretty brutal and creative...lobot has alot of options as does Pellaeon lol Pretty dirty breed of SS lol Please give some feedback :twisted:

I played something similar a while back at a tourney in TN. I used Grand admiral Thrawn and I had Imperial Govener Tarkin instead of veers. I only had 2 storm commandos in the squad but you can always drop Nina for another via pelleaon.

GAT makes more sense in this to me. Weir is your late round shooting with Tarkin he is doing 120 damage. Both storm commandos are at either +13 or +9. So shooting early with them is really good.

I like your setup too. Nina is one of my favorites to drop with pelleaon. You can get a lot from her. Like ruhk, Ozzel, Jagged fel, Alpha Pilot, Mortal Kombat chick, or even Yage to give Weir cunning attack.

I would suggest GAT and Tarkin to you. If you need accurate you can always drop Tarkin for veers. Accurate is nice on them but I'm not sold on it with only a +10 attack. That means you need 14s to hit Jedi in cover or 16s to hit GOWK.

Also don't underestimate the power of Thrawn with double attack and pelleaon/Nina with double in late game situations.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

hmmm ill have to further playtest some of these options. Thanks guys..i thought of veers because people where i play are diplomat babies XD lol cant just play 1 lol i just tinkered up another version of this squad with a lil more to it i think ill post it soon under the same name...its tough tinkering here cuz of all the plotting against and teching against that takes place...gets annoying to play this game with all that goin on...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

First off is this squad for our Meta here in Danville or were you planning on traveling with us? In Danville right now you have to worry about me play testing OR and another player bringing Vong.

With that said here is what I would suggest. First off you HAVE to go with the GA Thrawn. You can ask HannahCannon from mine and his repeated playtest.. Imperial dies to Bastilla. Having that Force bubble gives you a chance to keep your commander effects against me as well as making it difficult for people to re-roll saves with GOWK or use Force abilities against attacks like Windu's reflect or Lightsaber Defense.

As far as Vong we have discussed many options on the groups facebook page as well as on my Cerberus squad in this section. Having Lobot will give you a good chance against that.

I would also make sure to have some diplomats ready for lobot. You already have accurate shot to work around your opponents Diplomats. Not many players here rock anything with accurate shot. That creates some good opportunities for you if you have your diplomats doing their thing. Last time we played in a tourney match you had completely spayed Cad Bane forcing me to go for one despirate Force Repulse with the Jedi Exile to win the game. In most cases local squads won't have that option on hand.

As far as your comment about your play enviroment, that is what happens when the same 6-8 players meet every Friday in a competition. There is no outside influence coming into the game, week after week players play the factions they are comfy in and eventually people learn to prep for those paticular factions. Such goes life when your playing in a virtual bubble, miles away from any new players.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Pellaeon tells bastila to go home..point blank...this squad had some fun against almost everything including vong..though i changed it...i have no intentions on playing yet....i have both thrawns..havent had a chance to tinker with the GAT...though i will...lobot...not to concerned with considering storm commandos struggle to get out of the tier 1.5 range

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:03 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

AcheronFate wrote:
Pellaeon tells bastila to go home..point blank...this squad had some fun against almost everything including vong..though i changed it...i have no intentions on playing yet....i have both thrawns..havent had a chance to tinker with the GAT...though i will...lobot...not to concerned with considering storm commandos struggle to get out of the tier 1.5 range

I love me some GAT. I don't know if you were playing yet but when I first came back I went straight for GAT because of how good he is. Well just a heads up with the Lansing Regionals coming up on the 24th, the 23rd will be a pretty casual night and might be a good night to bust this squad out if your still working on getting it over the hump. From what I see though it looks pretty decent if you want to break it out when everyone is there.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!