logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: LowerHuttACon 2012
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Is being held at 2pm this Saturday (10 March) in Lower Hutt. It's our first major tournament in New Zealand with Vengeance pieces, and the 2012 floor rules, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

We have 12 confirmed players so far, although unfortunately kfcswaitingforyou, one of our most talented and experienced players, is unable to attend.

If you're in New Zealand, and want to come, PM me or Kezzamachine for details.

Post subject: Re: LowerHuttACon 2012
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sounds great, Hope you guys have a great event!

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TheHutts wrote:
Is being held at 2pm this Saturday (10 March) in Lower Hutt. It's our first major tournament in New Zealand with Vengeance pieces, and the 2012 floor rules, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

We have 12 confirmed players so far, although unfortunately kfcswaitingforyou, one of our most talented and experienced players, is unable to attend.

If you're in New Zealand, and want to come, PM me or Kezzamachine for details.

We'll be there. The astrovan can fly now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Weeks wrote:

Great!

Seriously, it is unfortunate that we don't get the chance to go to GenCon etc. I think we've all been improving in New Zealand, and we have a reasonably healthy meta, where we have enough players and don't ban pieces or anything, but I think we'd all improve again to another level if we had the chance to play the best international players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TheHutts wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Great!

Seriously, it is unfortunate that we don't get the chance to go to GenCon etc. I think we've all been improving in New Zealand, and we have a reasonably healthy meta, where we have enough players and don't ban pieces or anything, but I think we'd all improve again to another level if we had the chance to play the best international players.

Sounds like we need a Vassal Regional this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Weeks wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
Sounds like we need a Vassal Regional this year.

I'd be in for that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

if we have enough interested im sure we could make it happen. I'll open a new thread so we don't tie yours up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

This is why I am running the Gamers Con in July. We can make the saturday event a 200 pt event and its free.

I would really like to keep it part of that weekend of we could.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:46 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

So we had 14 squads, the same as last year. The format was 5 rounds of Swiss, and then a final.

After 5 rounds of Swiss, it looked like:

Aaron (Sharron) - Yuuzhan Vong (5-0, 13 points)
Warmaster, 2*Jedi Hunter, Fanatic, Nen Yim, Yammosk, Workers * 4 (everyone obviously ran Ugnaughts etc, but they're not listed)

Graham (TheHutts) - Republic (4-1, 12 points)
Rex, Windu, GOWK, Ferus Olin, R2-D2

Kerry (kezzamachine) - Yuuzhan Vong (4-1, 10 points)
Prefect De'Gara, Sheodai Shai, Jedi Hunters * 2, Fanatic, Nen Yim, Yammosk, Lobot, Salacious Crumb

The next three squads were all tied on 9 points, I can't remember what we worked out for tie break, so placings aren't exact:
Dee (Dr Daman) - Republic (3-2)
Windu, GOWK, Atin, Foul Moudama, R2-D2

Mike - Separatist (3-2)
Celeste, Savage, Sidious, Malakil, Poggle, 16 bombs, MTB, Ugnaughts

Bev - Republic (3-2)
Rex, Windu, GOWK, Foul, R2-D2, Salacious

Dave (doug*platypus) - Old Republic (3-2, 7 points)
Atton 'Jaq' Rand, Carth, Bastila Jedi Master, JBM, OR Senator * 2, Lobot

Henko - Republic (2-3, 7 points)
Mace, Atris, Brianna, Echani * 2

Robin (Savage_Rancor) - Republic (2-3, 6 points)
General Skywalker, JWM * 2, Jarael, Dash, R2, Mas

Alan - New Republic (1-4, 5 points)
Luke Skywalker FS, Ganner, Vergere, Corran Horn JM, Jacen Solo, General Dodonna, Wedge

Ian - New Republic (2-3, 4 points)
Wedge, Tycho, Winter, Jagged Fel, Leia, Jaina, Dutch

Andrew - Separatist (2-3, 4 points)
GGDAC, Clobot. Momaw Nadan, BDO, B2 * 2, B3 * 2, Gha Nacht

Danny - Sith (1-4, 2 points)
Marka Ragnos, Revan SL, Bandon, Exar Kun DFS

Dan - Separatist (0-5, 0 points)
Maul SI, Nightsister Mother, Savage, Sora Bulq, Chameleon

TheHutts won the final 210-119 on Jabba's Palace.

Last edited by TheHutts on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Awsome, Vong took two of the top spots. I wonder if we will see more of that as Regionals approach.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:59 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nice work TheHutts "Internet fist bump"

Which warmaster was in the 5-0 vong squad?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:26 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Weeks wrote:
Which warmaster was in the 5-0 vong squad?

Tsavong Lah - he probably hasn't been run much in 200 for ages! But he works well in that squad. His big drawback is he can only make one attack on the move, unless he gets a Cleave.

This is my report too:

I was playing the trendy low activation squad (I had 8) with the new Mace, GOWK, Ferus Olin, Captain Rex, R2, Rodian Diplomat, and two Ugnaughts. I liked Ferus Olin in there for games like the mirror matches, or against Vong, to help keep Mace alive for longer. In my first round game, Foul Moudama would have been more useful, but Ferus was very, very helpful in my last two crucial games.

Obviously, people have been seeing the results from tournaments in the States, where Mace/GOWK have been winning, and the top 5 squads were all either Mace/GOWK or melee Vong squads to counter Mace/GOWK. There weren't many shooter squads at all - I think someone could have done well with, say, a battery of TBSVs, since noone was running Yobuck or Lancer either.

Round 1 - vs Dave (Bastila, Atton, Carth, JBM, Lobot, OR Senators * 2) on Jabba's Palace
I got outplayed by Dave here. He bought in an R4 with Lobot, and between that and Bastila, Mace's defence went down to a much more hittable level. I underestimated his attackers' range with the Senators giving extra shots, so Carth got to R2 and Rex early, without R2, and with him having three diplomats, he was able to shepherd me - I had to use GOWK's force push just to get Mace through to the Dave's side of the map - and Atton and Carth got lots of shots in at Mace, Ferus, and GOWK. Mace killed the JBM easily then went after Carth, but he failed to get the crit he needed to kill him in one round, and Carth knocked him over pretty easily, since he effectively had a defence of 18. GOWK barely survived to the end of the game; he managed to take down Atton just before the end, but still had two OR Senators giving Carth lots of shots. Dave did very well at predicting the meta and coming up with a counter squad - I was surprised he only came in at 7th. 0 points.

Round 2 - vs Danny (Marka Ragnos, Darth Revan SL, Darth Bandon, Exar Kun DFS) on Ruined Base
It was a tough matchup for Danny here - an all melee squad against a riposting Mace, body-guarded by Ferus, is always going to be a tough match to win. The main thing I remember about this game was how badly Rex was rolling - I think he went 3,1,3,6 in one set of four attacks. 3 points.

Round 3 - vs Robin (General Skywalker, Dash, JWM*2, Jarael) on Ruined Base
One trophy we compete for is the Save11 Shield(s) - you win it if you beat the previous holder in an official game. I was the holder going into the tournament, so Dave won it from me in the first round, then Robin took it off Dave in the second round, then I had the chance to take it right back off Robin again in the third round. Robin played this well, towing Dash in to put some hurt on Mace early, then towing him out again, and tying Mace up with Jarael, but a Ferus-bodyguarded Mace and GOWK took too long to take down, and Rex was putting out some good damage behind them as well. I won without losing anything except the Rodian, but Mace, GOWK, and Ferus were all on their last legs. 6 points.

Round 4 - vs Alan (Luke Skywalker FS, Ganner, Vergere, Corran Horn JM, Jacen Solo, General Dodonna, Wedge) on Rhen Var
It's not fun playing against a parrying, evading Jacen with Crab Armor, mettle, and a healer. I sent Mace after Ganner early, and I didn't crit, but still managed to take him down at the start of round 3, before he could levitate Corran in for 3 attacks or levitate Vergere in for a Sever Force. Ferus ended up chasing down Wedge this game, as I needed Rex to be able to shot at Jacen without him parrying if I ever wanted Jacen to die. Mace got Corran, Jacen got Mace, then the game ended with a 20 HP Rex critting on Jacen and a force-severed GOWK finishing Vergere. 9 points.

Round 5 - vs Bev (GOWK, Mace, Foul Moudama, Rex) on Jabba's Palace
I was expecting a mirror matchup somewhere along the way, which is why I packed Ferus Olin. This was perhaps the craziest game I've ever played. I drew first blood by towing GOWK up for a Force Push 3, taking out R2 and an Ugnaught, and putting 30 on his GOWK, Mace, and Foul. It also had the additional effect of separating Foul from Rex and Mace so he couldn't retaliate immediately. Next round, he ran in Foul, copied me and Force Pushed my Obi, taking out my R2 and putting 30 on Ferus as well. I sent Mace to kill Moudama, but neglected to bring in Ferus in the same phase, and he spent two force points to run his Mace nine squares and start beating on my Mace. They both got a couple of crits on each other and both ended up dead that phase. His Rex then rolled consecutive crits on my GOWK - he had to spend two force points to avoid the first crit, then took the second, so he was already down to 50 HP. After some hot shooting from both Rexs, the game ended with my just-holding on GOWK absorbing enough shots to let my Rex finish his Rex. It was a tense game - lots of crits, lots of bad Soresu saves, tied initiatives.... 12 points, which was enough to make the final.

Final - vs Aaron (Warmaster, 2*Jedi Hunter, Fanatic, Nen Yim, Yammosk, Workers * 4) on Jabba's Palace
Because I lost my first game, I ended up working my way through the lower part of the table to start with, and missed out on playing the two Vong squads that were topping Swiss for most of the tournament. The Vong squads had been dealing to Mace and GOWK all day, so everyone assumed, quite reasonably, that Aaron would win, and went off to play epic duos.

It felt like a scene from a movie where the characters are struggling against insurmountable odds, then suddenly something snaps and the tide turns. This game was so fast it's hard to remember, but everything just fell into place - R2 towed Mace to take out one Jedi Hunter, then Mace got back into gambit without taking a scratch. Ferus and GOWK joined him in gambit, while Rex hid in a room just behind. Ferus was awesome, smashing a fanatic for 80 damage with a Dark Temptation after he'd already bodyguarded 80 damage for Mace. Mace put a lot of damage on the Warmaster (although I think he only got one crit in 6 rolls on the Warmaster), Rex stayed safe out the back landing lots of shots, GOWK survived nicely and took out the Workers, and the game somehow ended with a full health Rex and GOWK still with 90 HP left.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well I see Erics prediction on SHNN was dead on. He said someone with running GOWK and Mace would win.

I do find it interesting that no Imperial Squads of note made the meta. As well as no Lancer/Poggle teams. Poggle would steamroll GOWK and Mace while the lancer takes out r2/and any shooting.

Looks like everyone had a good time though, thats what counts. Good show boys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Yeah, I thought that the Poggle bomb squad would win, after looking at all the squads before we started. I think a well constructed Poggle bomb squad would have been able to clean up most of the high ranked squads from Saturday - there wasn't any disruptive, and only one Bastila squad. Mike did roll a 1 for initiative (with the MTB!) at a key moment in a key game against Kez, otherwise he might have a good chance at making the final. He probably could have chosen more appropriate support pieces - he's kind of mixing two different squad ideas there.

Since I've been playing seriously, in our big single day tournaments over the last couple of years, I don't think anyone's ever run Imperials. I have no idea why, as people play them casually all the time, but for some reason they never show up in tournaments. I don't especially like the Storm Commandos chances against a 30 defence in cover Windu, or Lord Vader's chances against a riposting/force absorbing Windu, but there are other builds that are feasible, and Pallaeon is very helpful against GOWK. I was thinking about running a TBSV squad with Pallaeon, which might have done decently.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Weeks wrote:
Well I see Erics prediction on SHNN was dead on. He said someone with running GOWK and Mace would win.

I do find it interesting that no Imperial Squads of note made the meta. As well as no Lancer/Poggle teams. Poggle would steamroll GOWK and Mace while the lancer takes out r2/and any shooting.

Looks like everyone had a good time though, thats what counts. Good show boys.

It does look like though they really laid out some good metagame answers to GOWK/Windu. I'm not a personal fan of the Vong in anyway shape or form but I do think there is a good shot that that Warmaster/Jedi Hunters could really be a force to reckon with.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

It was a great day and a great tournament. I’m not just saying that because I came third – but I came third. Seriously, however, there is nothing like the feeling of having 14 guys all walk into a room to sit down and have 5 games of SWM. The anticipation that you’re doing something pretty weird/awesome in such an extreme way is, well, uber. Kudos to Graham who not only organised a great tournament but also won. He is our top player at the moment and everything he touches is gold. I managed to continue my run of not playing against him in a major tournament – what is with that?! – as I believe my own peculiar brand of Vong would have beaten him. He may or may not agree. Anyhoo – here’s my take on the day.

I ran De’Gara, Shedao Shai, 2 Jedi Hunters, a Fanatic, Nen Yim, a Yammosk, Lobot and Salacious Crumb. My squad was entitled “Sacrilege Punch” in that I did what I swore I would never do and put an abomination (Lobot) in with the Vong. (Annoyed some people too, myself included!) Pretty much, I wanted to have access to Momaw Nadon but not have him in my squad. That worked in my favour… plus I was able to use my reinforcements quite well. I went Vong for the last LowerHuttaCon – my Shimrra Bomb squad which was the best squad at the last tournament but I failed to make the final because I placed Nom Anor next to a wall that wasn’t actually a wall (Rhen Var, anyone?) and, well, that’s history. I chose that faction by dice roll some two months before thinking a) if I can’t predict what I’ll run, no one else will be able too, and b) if I can’t make a decent squad with that faction, I’ll move on. I very nearly at the last minute chose my Zannah/Huntress/ExarFS/Tyber Zann/Defiler/Lobot squad which I think would have been fun-as… but I’m happy with the Vong. I added the Fanatic (over a Priest) in playtesting thanks to Aaron’s advice and he commented that my squad was scary looking. I got that comment from some of my opponents too. Scare is good.

It’s also worth noting that I took Cargo Docks into the tournament because a) it suited a melee style squad like mine – as long as I watched out for the shooting lanes up top – and b) no one would have a clue how to handle it because no one had seen it before. I was right – of the four games I had on it, I didn’t lose and the most common comment was ‘what the hell is that?’

Well, shall we…?

Round 1 – vs Dee/Dr. Daman (Windu/GOWK/Atin/Foul Moudama/R2-D2) on Cargo Docks
Won map roll and took Cargo Docks in a second. Last year at LowerHuttaCon, Dee and I played each other so this was a repeat of that affair. Also, I was carrying a loss against Dee in our recent Lower Hutt league, so this was a chance to upend that. My Vong squad was the perfect tonic for GOWK/Mace and I felt happy with the matchup straightaway. I bought in a third Jedi Hunter (which hurt him immeasurably) as well as bringing in a Twi’lek Bodyguard (for the crits by Mace which never came) and Figran D’an (for any shots that may come my way). I quickly made it to the middle despite his two movement breakers and held it. He rushed in his Mace, but with no absorb, rerolls, riposte, and no crits, my Vong squad made short work of him. I chased Atin and upended GOWK and it was over 215-25. 3pts and a great start to the campaign since I figured I’d hit some of the other 3 GOWK squads at some point.

Round 2 – vs. Alan (Luke Skywalker FS/Ganner/Vergere/Corran Horn JM/Jacen Solo/General Dodonna/Wedge) on Cargo Docks
Awful, awful, awful, awful… Do you know how much fun it is being Vong against a Jacen that can reroll his parries twice a turn with mettle and a heap of force points? Not very fun at all. I started by bringing in a 3rd Jedi Hunter again and then a Human Bodyguard and 3 uggies. I made the mistake of killing Vergere early (I didn’t want her to Force Sever me…*grin*) and all of a sudden Jacen became untouchable. If Alan had of played the game a little differently, it might have been much different, but he a) sent Corran off to kill my Lobot and Yammosk and b) I managed to trap Ganner in a thin 1 square corridor so that he couldn’t reach Jacen to lift him. That meant I had isolated his pieces and could attack them at my leisure. However, because they were so spaced out, I couldn’t kill them all so had to settle for a 2pt win, which I secured after running Jacen out of Force points and he finally failed a parry roll. *Phew!* 5pts and a happy me.

Round 3 – vs. Mike (Celeste/Savage/Sidious/Malakil/Poggle/16 bombs/MTB/Ugnaughts) on (you guessed it!) Cargo Docks
This was the matchup I had been dreading/looking forward to/planning for. Lobot was in my squad to bring in Momaw and Momaw was in my head so I could combat Poggle Bombs! Mike is one of our recent standouts, picking up good wins against lots of us – including knocking me over in our recent LH league (he’s currently #1 in the world!). He managed to pick up 30 Geonosian Drones in a deal last year so now we figure he’ll run Separatists and anywhere up to 30 bombs. He didn’t disappoint – 16 nasties. However, as soon as I saw the Tactics Broker I smiled and smiled… after winning map roll and bringing in a 3rd Jedi Hunter yet again, plus good ol’ Momaw and a Caamasi (which helped me block off a big corridor so he couldn’t fire too many bombs at me), I proceeded to roll a 1 for init and bring in a 4th Jedi Hunter. My init would have been one anyway, and as soon as Mike saw my De’Gara magic, he blew up his MTB with a drone and dropped down to 15 bombs. The game could have gone quite differently if I had lost the key init after positioning my Nadon, but I won it, marched 6 squares and blew up 7 of his pieces, making his bombs almost ineffectual and only his Celeste/Sandwich Press combo to worry about (which doesn’t really phase the Vong). He had too many pieces to kill outright and 143-39 was where it finished – 2pts to me, 3 wins on the trot and two previous losses avenged.

Round 4 – vs. Aaron/Sharron (Warmaster/2xJedi Hunter/Fanatic/Nen Yim/Yammosk/Workersx4) on Asteroid Base
I have to tip my hat to Sharron as he helped me strengthen my squad for this tourney as we met earlier in the week with almost exactly these two squads. His was unchanged from that encounter whereas we had decided that the Fanatic was a better use of the points than a priest. He won that encounter just like he won this. I lost map roll and he chose Asteroid Base (which I suggested he run at the tournament) and I set up on the wrong side. Dang it. I took the upper right and got stuck in the doorway (like the cat from Norway) and he bombarded me. I nearly took a point off him by almost killing Nen Yim, but it was over pretty quickly… the 200HP Warmaster far too strong to be taken down by his own Vong, despite bringing in a Praetorite Vong Warrior, a Human Bodyguard and three uggies. Sharron was also due… we’ve played 8 times (officially) prior to this and he had never beaten me. He was overjoyed, I was overwraught.

Round 5 – vs. Robin/Cerous Mutor (General Skywalker/JWMx2/Jarael/Dash/R2/Mas) on Cargo Docks once more…
Robin – one of our former #1 players – usually brings to a game a tough squad and a tenacity that is rarely equalled. He did so again here bringing a squad which, although not conventional, surprized some opponents. It certainly was good to see a Republic build without GOWK and Mace! Anyhoo, I won map roll and, of course, chose the unfathomable Cargo Docks. Again, my opponent had no idea how to respond to it and it was part of yet another victory. I forgot that Dash gets momentum and wondered what Robin was thinking until I watched my Shedao Shai disappear off the board… but my Jedi Hunter’s knocked over the rest and it was over pretty quick. I was looking to get a 3pt win to have a chance to get through so I went hard winning 214-45.

But, y’know, it wasn’t quite enough. I wasn’t quite so sure how my fortunes would pan out, but as it turned out, I needed Bevan to beat Graham 2-0 to have any hope of getting into the final. As it was, with two “rock” squads, there was no chance of that happening and Bevan (for the second or third time) was knocked out of finals contention in the last round by Graham. (Perhaps I should have dropped my first game to get the better end of the draw – Graham?) No matter – my Vong was only beaten by Vong and handled everything else pretty easily. I am confident that I’d have knocked over Graham’s squad (although, he is a master, so maybe not?) but if I’d have faced Aaron in the final, their may not have been anything I could do. Still, I erased some demons, got some wins back against my name and now have risen back into the top five in our Hutt Rankings (non-SWMGPA – we’re still managing the transition to the full rankings).

Mauri ora, mauri mate!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good squad, It looks similar to a da'gara squad I was working on and am convinced that if your running de'gara then u must also run lobot(I know it upsets a lot of people, doesn't bother me one bit if it helps me win). I love me some good vong squads as it is no secret that I enjoy playing them and rocked a vong squad last year that I did well with (yes it had lobot as well). By the way, who did you master shaper in your games. I think that it might have been good to master shaper your praetorite warrior during your vong on vong match up. Just wondering.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yeah, I pretty 'unimaginatively' Master Shaped my Shedao every time. I just didn't handle the Vong on Vong very well at all, which looks even badderer given that I ran against that same squad in a playtest for this competition only 4 days before. More fool me.

I've been wondering about the possibility of a Fringe/Yuuzhan Vong character that can bring in 20 points of Fringe for the Vong - similar to Lobot, but not a Cyborg. Perhaps a Peace Brigade guy, or something? Someone who boosted Brigade dudes if he brought them in, but can also bring in anyone... but who could be quite useless to most other factions, maybe? Kind of a missiles becomes plasma eel type thing (Lobot becomes ...?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

kezzamachine wrote:
Yeah, I pretty 'unimaginatively' Master Shaped my Shedao every time. I just didn't handle the Vong on Vong very well at all, which looks even badderer given that I ran against that same squad in a playtest for this competition only 4 days before. More fool me.

I've been wondering about the possibility of a Fringe/Yuuzhan Vong character that can bring in 20 points of Fringe for the Vong - similar to Lobot, but not a Cyborg. Perhaps a Peace Brigade guy, or something? Someone who boosted Brigade dudes if he brought them in, but can also bring in anyone... but who could be quite useless to most other factions, maybe? Kind of a missiles becomes plasma eel type thing (Lobot becomes ...?)

That is an idea, maybe a Viqi Shesh or Dagga Marl if they ever get around to making them. Maybe that's something to put in the idea boards.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Good idea! But there's no need to change Lobot (it would be wierd flavor anyway)...we could just make a new piece entirely.

Quote:
Viqi Shesh, 30pts
Yuuzhan Vong
Hp: 40
Def: 15
Att: +7
Dam: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Force Immunity
Living Fringe Reinforcements 20: During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, you can add up to 20 points of living Fringe characters to your squad.
Rapport: Characters whose name contains "Peace Brigade" cost 1 less when in a squad with this character.
Synergy: +4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade."
Stealth
Firejelly
Thud Bug/Razor Bug???
Commander Effect
Allies whose name contains "Peace Brigade" gain Synergy (+4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade")

There's a quick rendition of what he could be. He's a stealth door-blower with Lobot's utility, but without Lobot's sacrilege (his Reinforcements must be living).

If he had Plasma Eel or something then he'd probably need to cost more. However, the thing is that he has to be pretty cheap outside of his reinforcements; that's part of the genius of the Lobot piece: he's only 7pts after his reinforcements, which makes it easy to fit him into a squad. There's a reason that Jabba the Hutt (RS) never sees play: he's 50pts, rather than 27. This guy needs to be cheap, or else he'll be too hard to use.

As is, he's a 10pt door-boomer with a very situational CE, who offers lots of good flexibility to his faction. Should he cost 28 or 29 instead? That would be for playtesting to discover.

Anyway, this is way off topic. I'll re-post it in the idea thread. You can go back to your regularly-scheduled SWMing now. :)