logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: FrostyCon - Epic 500 Squads & Results
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks for explaining that. It sounds like it would be helpful to see detailed tournament reports from what you guys are doing. I would love to play a few games with you guys, too - there's a good chance that I will be able to in the near future. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Because I forgot to mention it; We played 16 activations, 3 Commander effects (Only abilities that say commander effects count as them.), Reserves and Reinforcements are all good and can add to your 16 activations, and you must play an epic.

The SanHill squad really abused the Reinforcements with a nice old fashion Mouse dump. That really pushed the situation with San that allowed him to just activate Mice and filler activations while most other squads ran out of activations.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

audrisampson wrote:
Because I forgot to mention it; We played 16 activations, 3 Commander effects (Only abilities that say commander effects count as them.), Reserves and Reinforcements are all good and can add to your 16 activations, and you must play an epic.

The SanHill squad really abused the Reinforcements with a nice old fashion Mouse dump. That really pushed the situation with San that allowed him to just activate Mice and filler activations while most other squads ran out of activations.

Did anyone run Wuher or Tyber Zann? Those pieces were made specifically to counter the Lobot Mouse Dump.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

Did anyone run Wuher or Tyber Zann? Those pieces were made specifically to counter the Lobot Mouse Dump.

Tyber Zann is seeing play in 200 a lot for us but I don't think anyone packed it in 500. The problem was that he counted as a commander effect so he basically got ignored for 500.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ah, true.

I would love to see my Imperial version tested in your venue. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Ah, true.

I would love to see my Imperial version tested in your venue. :)

HannahCannon rocked a really nice Imperial Squad. I beat it just because of my high defense but it did a severe number on the Rebel Build that showed up.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yeah, I would have loved to put Zann in there, but you can't really justify having him as one of your commanders with his weak commander effect. I personally think the 16 activation limit with reinforcements makes sense. It doesn't ban Lobot from being used or useful, but it does keep the activation dump from being used. I used my lobot reinforcements to bring in extra industrial repair for my huges, but I could just as easily went without lobot and maindecked some extra repair and replaced something with a better attacker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

I was under the impression that it would be ok to use reinforcements as long as your base + reinforcements was 16 or less (ie 12 and lobot bringsin up to 4 dudes for reinforcements depending on the game) and that reserves you could get as many as you roll.

I also think that if you go with the 3 CE then you can probably let tempo control (and by tempo I mean the move less guys) be fine (just theory talking here) but if you go unlimited commanders then you want to remove the tempo control guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

urbanjedi wrote:
I was under the impression that it would be ok to use reinforcements as long as your base + reinforcements was 16 or less (ie 12 and lobot bringsin up to 4 dudes for reinforcements depending on the game) and that reserves you could get as many as you roll.

That's exactly what I thought. I guess I just don't see a point of saying 16 max activations if everyone is including lobot. I just go straight to thinking, 16 max activations to start the skirmish period.