logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Mass Transit IV on Kickstarter!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 pm 
General
General

Hi, folks!

My next map projects (not just Mass Transit IV, but two others as well!) are now up on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/map ... s-and-more

Mass Transit IV is more of a special event poster than some of my others: it presents both levels of a twin-deck starship, along with a same-scale view of the exterior hull itself. Lifts and ladders connect the levels, and the interiors feature the SWM terrain lines.

Incidentally, there's a new terrain feature in the ventilation ducts: doors made out of red wall lines instead of blue. They represent pressurized access hatches. My intent is that they function like doors, with two exceptions: 1) They don't open automatically after you become adjacent. (It takes some form of door control to open them.) And 2) they don't close automatically when someone is no longer adjacent. (Again, it takes some form of door control--other than satchel charge, of course--to close them.)

The Alien Starship Tiles expand on General_Grievous's tiles (which we made available for free at http://www.mapsofmastery.com/downloads.html ) to build a full set of 12 double-sided terrain cards as an homage to the much-neglected (in map terms) Yuuzhan Vong. Mix and match the terrain cards to build an invasion fleet of gross-looking organic starships. They, too, feature the SWM terrain lines, and some may be fun for Tile Wars. (Timmer, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these...)

Finally, "Deck Space" is my answer to what some of you have long lamented: the lack of a commercially-available blank battle grid. One side is nothing but floor tiles that match my Sci-Fi Cargo tiles, letting you combine those products (or use the included sheet of 13 new tiles) to build custom skirmish layouts. The other side is similar, but includes railway pits to match my Mass Transit maps and let you continue the train tracks with your own custom layouts.

Check out the video on my Kickstarter page to see all three of these products in better detail; all of them are finished--I just need funding to get them printed.

Anyway, please share the link with your friends who don't visit here often! The more people who hear about these maps, the better chance we have of getting them into print.

Thanks very much!

Post subject: Re: Mass Transit IV on Kickstarter!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Awesome! So many rewards to choose from but I am already sold. Also yes! More Vong tiles! Great work Chris.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:33 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Backed!!

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm a backer! Woohoo for cool maps!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm a backer!

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:32 pm 
General
General

Thanks, guys! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 am 
General
General

A quick update: We just passed the funding goal for Mass Transit IV, so the first of the three products will see print!

There's a bonus reward $1K out that sweetens the deal for all backers, and then it's full speed ahead (hopefully) for the Alien Starship Tiles!

General_Grievous and I wanted very much to get his three (which I turned into 13) new Yuuzhan Vong tiles up for free download--and those always will be. But we also wanted to give people a way to get a professionally printed set. So I kept going and turned 13 tiles into 24 (26, actually, if you include the inside of the cover cards) and if this Kickstarter reaches the next marker, the whole set will get printed.

Fingers crossed...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

And a nudge towards the next marker.

Keep up the great work! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am 
General
General

Thanks, swinefeld!

We've passed the goal for the first "Mystery Reward", so now every backer who gets a poster will also receive a pair of custom d6's, showing the emblem of the Nova Eclipse from Mass Transit IV on the "6" face, as a free bonus with their order. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Getting close now eh? Man definitely excited for this and hoping the alien tiles get funded soon!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Mapmaker wrote:
They, too, feature the SWM terrain lines, and some may be fun for Tile Wars. (Timmer, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these...)

I am excited - love to talk more about this!

GeneralGrievous wrote:
Getting close now eh? Man definitely excited for this and hoping the alien tiles get funded soon!

I am pledged and "in" very close to the tiles goal, let's not fall short of this one!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 am 
General
General

The Alien Starship Tiles have been unlocked! Special thanks to everyone who has backed the project so far, and to General_Grievous who 1) pushed me out of my comfort zone to get the tiles made in the first place, and 2) let me include his tiles in the product so everyone will be able to get printed copies.

His original three tiles and the other ten I added to his reward will remain available for free download, but now there will be 24 different pieces of Yuuzhan Vong-themed terrain in print! (26 if you include the as-yet-unseen inside covers...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Mapmaker wrote:
The Alien Starship Tiles have been unlocked! Special thanks to everyone who has backed the project so far, and to General_Grievous who 1) pushed me out of my comfort zone to get the tiles made in the first place, and 2) let me include his tiles in the product so everyone will be able to get printed copies.

His original three tiles and the other ten I added to his reward will remain available for free download, but now there will be 24 different pieces of Yuuzhan Vong-themed terrain in print! (26 if you include the as-yet-unseen inside covers...)

Sweet!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Awesome! I was really hoping those tiles would see print.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Excellent!

Hope some people come out of the woodwork to get Deck Space funded now. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Mapmaker wrote:

Woohoo!! That's cool. I'm crossing my fingers for Deck Space as well, but it's a long way.

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437