logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cad Maiden
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

alright so the name sucks, but anyways, I have now had cad bane in my collection for about a month now and have yet to find any now i am working on tweaking this idea to hopefully make it work better, however, Cad with six attacks is pretty stupid (audri).

well this as you will be able to tell is a variation of that handmaiden squad that another buddy was playing in lansing hannahcannon however i like it because of the damage out put but also the not so great thing is you also loose some of your other reliable hitters and banking on Cad himself

Mith'thrawn
Mas
Atris
Cad
Brianna
Lobot
3x ugnaughts

i was facing his version of a squad with CRITdu in it, it had windu, panaka, yoda with lightsaber throw, foul madouma, wookie thug and some ugnaughts. So i brought in on reserves 4 rodians brutes and 1 mouse droid and a caasami noble. Reason being for this not only was i hoping to out activate him but also i would have prefered to bring in all brutes instead but i only own 4 and for 3 points and 20 defense i couldnt complain. BUt i used the brutes for swap targets spread them like wild fire to make it were i could swap cad into any position that was needed, also with atris and thrawn he was hitting for a +24 for 30 a shot which isnt horrible at all then brianna as another heavy hitter was also very good however not near the damage out put i was hoping for but i really liked this one a lot, but needs some work. so if you have ideas for this squad or other ideas for cad feel free to lend a helping hand. the main reason i got him was just due to my affinity to bounty hunters and Dang it he is blue and B.A. in the show. thanks guys for the help

Post subject: Re: Cad Maiden
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If you could I would add something to slow down the activations like Ozzel. You really need that to insure your getting Opportunist.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:51 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

You NEED Pallaeon in squads like this. Otherwise games against Old Republic squads are auto-losses. Pallaeon's also good for other things - force users can't roll saves against shots from within the bubble.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:23 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I would just go with maidens and not cad. In this case I might even drop Lobot and try and add another one to the squad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
I would just go with maidens and not cad. In this case I might even drop Lobot and try and add another one to the squad.

That seems to be the theme with Cad Bane. Every time I try to work with him I can think of other things that would probably work just as well or better.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

SvenBlackSunVigo wrote:
alright so the name sucks

Lol, how about Hand Bane-in

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
SvenBlackSunVigo wrote:
alright so the name sucks

Lol, how about Hand Bane-in

Ok that just sounds wrong.. Luckily Sven doesn't play around kids...

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Cad Bane is great at 100 and 150 just at 200 there are other things that can be done. That 80 hps for 54 pts is a big hit when he dies. I know people have won regionals and tournaments with him just not a fan.

I have been a big fan of Han SC/Leia, Rex with r2 so I know the low hp guys can stay around just never been a fan of him. I really dont know why since he has all the cool abilities I am a fan of.
I played Anakin stap for a long time and he only has like 70 hp.

I do think he is a great second attacker just not a fan of him being the main guy because of the low hps and high cost.

I would try the handmaidens if they dont work go to cad. I had a lot of fun with the them before Atris was made at 150.