logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Danville Tournies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I don't know how interested everyone will be in this but I thought I would start posting the winners and other interesting squads of our Friday night SWMs here in Danville IL. I get to brag a bit since I won this week and here was the squad.

1x GOWK
1x Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
1x Luminara Unduli, Jedi Master
1x Barriss Offee, Jedi Knight
3x Ugnaught

Basically my goal was to out brick the current trend in Danville of GOWK/Windu. I assumed a 30 defense and two Soresu figures could keep me alive long enough to win out the game. The squad finished 2-1 losing only to a Darth Zannah, Darth Treya and Lumiya squad that was able to avoid my attacks while putting lots of direct damage on my figures. The direct damage alone however didn't do me in since in the finals I played against a Nightsister squad by Hannah Cannon and was able to out hit the direct damage. The other thing that won that match was how quickly Windu destroyed Savage Oppress.

This is the third week now that GOWK/Windu has made the final table or won an event.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

Post subject: Re: Danville Tournies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Next time my nightsisters will be tougher to beat. That was the first time I played them and I saw the weakness in this squad in the final game against Audri.

Savage Oppress
Nightsister Mother
Nightsister Sith Witch x2
Silri
Tyber Zann
R7 Astromech
Ugnaught x2
Mouse Droid x3

No tricks here, just run up and shoot lots of lightning while Savage hopefully gets some good shots in. Tyber Zann really saved my butt in my second match by letting me take all my opponent's mouse droids and messing up his commander effects. That match went to time because he had 20 some activations to burn through and I only got the win by one point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:00 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you guys ever free on a Sunday. My wife wants to visit her sister in Danville sometime in march. I dont have a date yet but was hoping I could get some minis in while my wife is doing her thing with her sis. I will let you guys know of a date whenever I find out and hopefully we can get something going even if it's more fun than competitive like royal rumble.

On a side note I had a similar idea with savage oppress except with Malakili to give him overwhelming power when he has to engage and go savage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

sthlrd2 wrote:
Are you guys ever free on a Sunday. My wife wants to visit her sister in Danville sometime in march. I dont have a date yet but was hoping I could get some minis in while my wife is doing her thing with her sis. I will let you guys know of a date whenever I find out and hopefully we can get something going even if it's more fun than competitive like royal rumble.

On a side note I had a similar idea with savage oppress except with Malakili to give him overwhelming power when he has to engage and go savage.

It wouldnt be at a store or anything but we could certainly work something out on a Sunday just for some table top games here at my place :)

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

how many people do you get? I might come down when I am at U of I in early March.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This tourney was 6 but we go between 6-8 every week.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

With Nightsister mother out there he gets force renewal from her, so I didn't really see a need to make him go savage. I saved the force points for a repulse instead. Windu's force absorb ability really messed him up though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well another tourney went down here on Friday night. Happily I can once again post a winning squad for this event :) This time I got a bit goofy and pulled out an OR squad built around Belth Allusis.

Belth Allusis, Jedi Master
Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
Jedi Battlemaster x2
Lobot
Jedi Sentinel
Caamasi Noble

My first round was against a Nom Bomb. Having Lobot to bring 2x treadwell droids into the match to lessen the blow of the Workers. The match went to time with me getting the win on my gambit pts.

Second round was played by SvenBlackSunVigo. He was playing..

19 New Republic Tactician
23 General Wedge Antilles
33 Queen Mother Tenel Ka
22 Corellian Security Officer
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
51 Galactic Alliance Special Guard x3
9 General Dodonna
15 Mouse Droid x5
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

This game was very close, mouse walls were made and broke and the Special forces were holding up very well despite Bastilla working her evil deeds. The other humerous moment is where Belth crit on the Queen mother and she parried it again, Belth again crit and it was parried again.. two crits wasted and not even a burned force point to show for it.. LOL Once again a match went time..

Round 3 was pretty rough for my opponent. He was playing Rohm Mohc and a full squad of Dark trooper droids. Once Bastilla lit the Battlemaster were cutting through each D.T. in an action and the Uggie droid destroyer and Jawa scavenger each were doing a number..

3-0 overall from something that I thought would be a pretty sorry squad :) Might be something to work on for Regionals.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!