logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:25 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Grambo wrote:
I frankly think Mustafar and Korriban are both equally "bad" now. They are both pure shooter maps, and extremely one-sided. I think Bespin is just as bad because if you roll badly and lose "side choice" and have huges, you are simply dead (they are forced to start in a room they can never get out of).

I really have no trouble with the maps for casual play... but for tournaments, having a map choice decide the game seems absolutely ludicrous to me... and all of those maps effectively do that.

Its mainly just the rigid huges that can't get out of the room. I don't really think Bespin is that bad but then again I don't really many huges, especially not the rigid ones(except occasionally in 200 games).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:31 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

No IMO.
I am not in favor of banning any map same as i am not in favor of banning any mini.
True these maps are not grate, but what if someone did not like a map you all do like should that be banned also. My answer would be know.
These maps you don't like are not that good for both players so you are still on an equal footing. They mite not be good but they are playable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:36 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

dreadtech wrote:
No IMO.
I am not in favor of banning any map same as i am not in favor of banning any mini.
True these maps are not grate, but what if someone did not like a map you all do like should that be banned also. My answer would be know.
These maps you don't like are not that good for both players so you are still on an equal footing. They mite not be good but they are playable.

Acually mustafar is great for a shooter heavy squad. But horrible for melee heavy squads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Xanthan wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
No IMO.

Acually mustafar is great for a shooter heavy squad. But horrible for melee heavy squads.

Not sure what your point is? Any map can be good or bad depending on what characters you have. Some are not huge friendly. Do you want to ban thous maps or ban huge characters?

As for the effect force push has there is a save so i cannot see the problem.

But as i said that's my opinion, and he was asking for opinions. I was not expecting many to share it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:51 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

dreadtech wrote:
Xanthan wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
No IMO.

Not sure what your point is? Any map can be good or bad depending on what characters you have. Some are not huge friendly. Do you want to ban thous maps or ban huge characters?

As for the effect force push has there is a save so i cannot see the problem.

But as i said that's my opinion, and he was asking for opinions. I was not expecting many to share it.

You said that the map wasn't great for both players and you said the map was equal for both players. So a player using mainly shooters and a player using mainly melees will not be on equal footing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I agree Xanthan.

KMG should be removed from DCI play. You can always play them for fun games or for a theme, but they don't have a place for competitive gaming.

Its not a huge change and probably a more important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:38 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

SirStevee wrote:
I think any map that is wide-open and has unfair starting areas is just unfair.

I agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:57 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Half the fun is not just beating your opponent but the terrain too. So I really can't see anything gained from banning maps. If playing in competition you have to accept that there are some squads you just cannot play if you want to win. I know some of you play these maps in competition because you can exploit them... if that's the way to win go for it.

And I'm pretty sure that the intention of new powers like Push & Repulse were to shake up the Meta so tactics and squads would have to change - and so you'd buy the new minis!

The only thing I don't like about Korriban is that I was hoping it was going to be corridors & tombs rather than the Valley of the Sith :(