Post subject: Re: Vengeance Vassal Extension Ready to be downloaded
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Virtual Sets extension (version 3.0)

Date: January 16, 2012
Prepared by: Trevor Payton, aka "thereisnotry"

Description

This Vassal extension is for use with the SWMinis.mod, version 10.0. (There is no need to reinstall your current SWMinis.mod.) Please delete your old “Virtual Sets.mdx” file after downloading this one, because this version includes all the V-set minis:
* V-set 1: Destiny of the Force
* V-set 2: Renegades and Rogues
* Battle of Theed Palace
* Epic Minis Micro-Set
* V-set 3: Vengeance
* Cantina Brawl

Each V-set mini is found in its faction list (under the Tiles/Units tab); the V-set minis are not included in the regular list of minis, but are instead listed alphabetically at the bottom of the list.

I've used all of the Recommended Minis (RMs) for each of the V-set pieces. As I've done before, in order to help players recognize the difference between the RMs and the actual minis from which they're taken, **I've horizontally flipped each of the V-set minis** so that they're facing the opposite direction.

In addition, I've made some minor cosmetic adjustments to some of the minis, for the purpose of artistic flair, and also to further distinguish these minis from similar minis which might show up in their squads. I won't list all the adjustments, but I think it'll be pretty clear when you look at the minis.

Along with this extension, I've also added a new door marker. Republic Commando Fi has a new Special Ability called "Advanced Door Gimmick." This ability allows him to "designate 1 door that he can see as open; it remains open and cannot be closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until he is defeated." Since it could be confusing and time-consuming to try to keep track of which doors are overriden open (still lockable), and which doors are advanced-door-gimmicked open (not lockable), I figured it would be helpful to create a new door marker.

--Please note that with Vassal I cannot edit the original door markers in the Extension, and so the old door markers (which we've been using for years) will not contain the new "Adv. Door Gimmick" marker. If you want the "Adv. Door Gimmick" marker to be available in the door marker rotation during your game, you'll need to use the new one (found at the bottom of the Tiles/Markers list), rather than the old ones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks for your work!

Nice write up too, I need to work on that for Minimanager. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hi,

The new zip has benn unziiped on the folder, but after on Vassal, nothing happens (no virtual set figs) ?

Many thanks in advance

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

OK, I'm using the SWMinis.vmod file, and the maps all show up correctly, but I don't get any of the virtual minis. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hmm, this is wierd. It appears as though the wrong file is linked to the "Virtual Sets Vassal Extension" link in the downloads section here on gamers, so that when you click the link, you download the ".vmod" file, rather than the ".mdx" file. It's the .mdx file that has the virtual set minis on it. It looks like someone must've mixed it up. I'll see what I can do.

For now, download the file from this link:
http://www.4shared.com/get/-DqwNt9P/Virtual_Sets.html

When the file is downloaded, follow the installation steps described earlier in this thread (Extract the file using WinRAR, and copy/paste that file into your "SWMinis_ext" folder). Then you should be good to go when you start Vassal as normal. Please PM me if this doesn't work.

Post subject: Re: Scum & Villainy Vassal Extension Ready to be downloaded
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have updated the V-Sets Vassal Extension with V-Set 4: Scum & Villainy and Jedi vs Sith, along with Epic Set 2.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FILE FROM SWMGAMERS.COM. That is the old version, and it hasn't been updated in a long time. I will no longer be uploading Vassal files to this site, so these files will be obsolete.

Instead, go SWMResources.com and click on the blue "Finally, click here to download the Virtual Sets extension" link.
http://www.swmresources.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=261&Itemid=113

Very soon on SWMResources.com, I will post a highly-detailed description (complete with screenshots) of how to set up and install Vassal for SWM on your computer.

Post subject: Re: Scum & Villainy Vassal Extension Ready to be downloaded
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Woohoo!, it's like Christmas around here. :D

Thanks!