logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"Thank you, but you have not freed me. I am a slave, so I have a implant somewhere that will explode if I get too far from my master. Who may be the slaver or who may be Darga..." the Twi'lek replies. After a long pause she adds, "And if it is Darga I doubt I have long to live."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Replying to the Twilek, Nuhhatyc says "We'll try and figure out how to remove the implant. The point is, your safe with us. My name is Nuuhatyc by the way. What is your name and what did you mean by Darga not giving you long to live?"

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

As you speak with the young girl you notice that though she might have been beautiful once, this young blue-skinned Twi'lek woman looks like she has seen her fair share of hard times, and now she seams more worn down than youthful: her face is hard and her eyes have gone cold.

"You don't have many dealings with Hutts, do you?" she ask rhetorically. Looking at Dorian she says "Darga believes that I tried to kill him," shifting her focus back to Nuhhatyc she continues, "and now I am not in the holding cell that his guards put me in. If I am found I believe that I will be killed on sight. If I get to far from my master, I will die. So this is probably my last night alive." letting her own words sink in she gos silent for a while then she adds, "The name is Jaol'sin by the way."

Quote:
edited for consistency.

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian gives Nuu a look and gives a slight laugh, "Oh ho ho, somebody is in charge now are they? Then I suppose you should work on fixing your own blunders." He looks at the Twi'lek, now awake and coherent, and pushes the shifter aside. "So what brings you and your blasters here then? I doubt you knew exactly which rooms we were staying in. Also, how did you escape? Not many free imprisoned slaves."

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"I don't own a blaster," she says with a slight tilt of her head and a smile. "And I did not escape, I was let out, but I don't know by who. I was told if I helped the Quarren and Wookie that I would be released and given my controller." Looking around the room at the occupants she says, "and considering how easily you defeated the attack, whoever ordered it was underestimated you... Anyway, I don't want you getting into any trouble on my account, so if you don't mind I would like to slip out while most guest are still sleeping."

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad to Cander "what is taking them so long in there". "I see the wookiee is gone."
"I guess the lady's looks have got to them." "To be honest I didnt think she was that great looking."

Skad makes a few long yells in Houk after a few mins.
Spoiler: show
"ARGGGGGGGGGG" ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

"There may be a way to free you from Darga's control Jaol'sin. We could buy you from Darga. If we buy your freedom, you'd be welcome to come with us. We could use someone as talented as you are in our group. I'm sure if Darga see's no value in keeping you, he'd be willing to take a profit than keep you around. Maybe if you were to fein illness, he'd be willing to let you go thinking he'd be giving us a bad deal but that he'd make a profit. Knowing ow greedy Hutts are, we might be able to persuade him to give you and your controler into our possesion. After all, it was the Slavers who forced you into this position and they have already paid the price." Looking over in Dorians direction he says "What do you think Dorian?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian looks Nuu over once and laughs a bit, "Somebody must have deep pockets, buying information from a droid and then a slave from Darga. Not sure where you are going to get that kind of cash." He looks to the Twi'lek and shakes his head. "Nuhhatyc, if you want a sex slave for yourself, I won't argue, but you are going to have to dig yourself out of this one. I'm done here." Dorian exits the room and heads over to his room, laying down again waiting till morning.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Before Dorian can walk out the door (the door is open for all to hear), Nuuhatyc in a burst of anger at the insult just heaped upon him lashes out at Dorian.

"Yes you are done! I've put up with your arrogant behavior thus far. But you just crossed the line. This woman's live is at stake and all you care about is putting in a personal jab at me. Fine. You can do that. But not on this 'job', and not in these circumstances. I'd do the same thing for any slave. There's a lot at stake here and I'm tired of your attitude. I'm not going to die in this rot hole because of you! Unless you have anything intelligent to say, I see no point in hearing what you have to say from now on. Here I thought we were on the same team, but apparently your not ready to work towards our common goal. We have buisness to do, so grow up or shut up."

Taking a look at the slave, Nuuhatyc says "Sorry for my 'associates' comments."

The stress of this mission must be getting to me. I can't stand that guy. He treats everything like a joke and thinks he's the most important guy here, and yet he does nothing to help our mission. That information from the droid would have helped us, but no, he's to interested in how awesome he sounds flaunting his wealth in our faces. For once, I wish he'd do his job. I just want this mission to be over so I can get off this rock.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad turns around and just listens in.

Skad walks into the door way and stops either from leaving.

"What is going on here" "Neither of you look like a leader right now"

Action
Quote:
moves body into a battle stance and move action to get his Ax out

"Enough of this sillyness go to bed and we can talk about this later. Yeah you heard it I am the leader now bitch.Look who is in Control now" "HEHEHEHE" Skad just falls to the floor laughing. Ax falls with him.

Action
[quote]Need a check to see if I hurt myself with the ax if it fell on me? what would that be.[/Where is falling in the books Jump and some of the skills talk about falling but not what the check needs to be? quote]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Avran, who is stunned but not shocked at the turn of events, states, "That is quite a predicament that you are in. If running now is your aim, I would be able and willing to heal you as you look like you would not be able to get very far. You must have a very strong will to endure what you have over the years.
Quote:
Use the force check to see if she is perchance force sensitive Sense Force http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3370555/ 28
Those two have been at odds with each other since before we had begun this mission. I can offer you a way to escape and be free of your enslavement however it will depend if Darga will allow us to place you outside. My plan is to put you into a coma that will last until I release you from it outside of the palace. To everyone you will look dead however that is where things might be tricky. We would need to come up with an excuse to take your 'dead' body outside. Once outside though I will release you of the coma and the slavers thinking you dead would have no use of the device that controls you thereby disposing of it. So what is it you plan on doing knowing now of an alternate? Elanor do you have any suggestions or opinions?"

What complete opposites! On the one hand a person (Nu) who is in my medical opinion enamored with the slave therefore thinking her anything but an item, then the opposite (Dorian) who thinks her nothing but a sex slave! I guess it shows how perspective plays a large role in how people react and treat others. Dorian may have seen many slaves in the past, possibly owning them, therefore thinks of them as not beings worthy of notice. Nu on the other hand probably felt the bonds of slavery at some point in his life therefore has sympathy for persons in that state. This will be an interesting topic for me to meditate as I may learn a little about my self in my examinations.

Last edited by spacemanspiff on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:02 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"Fail the mission because of me?" Dorian let's a loud laugh slip, "who is trying to save every person we come across without thought to how it will effect our relations with the hutt? Who is trying to act on his own at every turn while the rest of the group fights and suffers? (reference to how he has yet to actually see you participate in combat outside what appeared to be you trying to knock up the Twi'lek) I am sorry if my observation on your oogling of this slave girl was on base but you have no right to use me as your personal bank account. I am not here to free the slaves, I am not here to stun every adversary who trys to kill me, I am not here to buy unrelated information from everything who says they have something useful, and I sure as hell am not here to watch some bumbling idiot do everything in his power to blow our cover. WE are ALL here to sell weapons to Darga, establish good relations with the hutt, find out anything we can about the relationship between him and the empire, and go home in one piece. So I ask you, what part of the mission is benefited by helping Darga's slave escape? Seriously, how do you think the hutt will react to us freeing the one who tried to kill him? Because I assure you, after seeing Elanor's room he will know something happened and with the slave missing he will assume we were involved in some way, expecially since we just killed his guards. You didn't think about that though, did you? You weren't thinking that this slave is about our only chance of explaining what happened tonight, or that letting the wookiee leave with the message given increased the chances of that slaver trying again to free her so he could get off the hook? We can use diversions like that to our benefit. But no, you would rather release her, completing all of his objectives, screwing us, and for what? Your concious? Some moral code which berefts stupidity? Sorry, I just assumed you were more interested in a nice rack and some pretty eyes than you were overtly stupid. My mistake."

Elanor puts a hand on Dorians shoulder, "Calm down dear," She gives him a small smile while keeping her blaster trained on the Twi'lek, "he is only trying to make the best of the situation before him."

After Skads comments, Dorian gives a light laugh. With much scarcasim in his voice "Yes, lead us oh mighty skad." He gives a slight bow. "You are right though, all this yelling counter productive."

When Avran finishes with his plan, Dorian shakes his head, "She said the implant is triggered by distance, not by pushing a button." He pauses, realizing something is off with all the afore mentioned comments. "Wait, girl, how would you slipping through the night allow you to escape if your implant is triggered by distance?" He pauses again, contemplating her words.

(perception to descern lies, I can take 10 right?)

"What haven't you told us yet?" he asks, glaring at the Twi'lek.

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:53 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

After hearing what Dorian says, Nuuhatyc replies.

"Point taken, Dorian. You should listen to Elanor and calm down. I think what we all need is some sleep, after all it is 3:00am. We both are tired and not saying things clearly in the right frame of mind. We could both call each other names like "stupid" or "sleemo" but it would serve no point. I just want to get out of here in one peice and work with everyone to do that. I'm sure we both can agree that finishing this mission is more important than constantly throwing personal insults at each other, so if its all the same to you, we should just put this all behind us and give our opinions in a less insulting way in the future. If it means I have to apologize then so be it. That being said, I'm sorry for my comments. If no one else has anything else to say, I'll be off to bed. I'm tired, as I'm sure you are to Dorian."

Calmly walking back to his quarters after everyone has said what they want to say, the very tired Nuuhatyc rests with his mind at ease. Glad thats behind me. I really wish I had some Corellian ale right now. It would make this morning easier.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Beckoning to talk to Dorian secretly, "Very true Doian, I hadn't thought of that. It is interesting that she planned on running knowing that the device is triggered by distance. Maybe that was to be her last act of defiance. Its obvious to me that she has had a rough life. Whether you sympathize with her or not, she may be an interesting asset to us if we free her of her bonds. I understand that this may be difficult seeing that she was the perceived assassin of the Hutt. I think though if we (And by we I mean everyone in the group) collectively work on this problem we may find a solution. Putting her in a coma though does have the benefit of pretending that we killed her. I want to have other peoples opinions on the matter however. Im sure you already know my stance."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
In response to Nuu

"Yes, we could sleep, or we could finish dealing with this." He motions to the Twi'lek girl then to the dead guards outside. "I don't know about you but I feel like we are in a bit of a spot." He looks at the hallway again and sighs, "Not like sleeping in blood soaked, body filled halls is much of a treat. Perhaps you could cool off by cleaning up the mess we made?" He motions to the hallway again, mostly dismissing Nuu from thought as he turns back to the Twi'lek girl.

Quote:
I am going to reply to Avran but the order of events is Nuu and I finish our spat, twi'lek girl speaks her piece, we discuss what to do now.

When Avran pulls Dorian aside, Dorian can't help but roll his eyes. Great, another bleeding heart. What now? After hearing Avrans plan for the second time, Dorian sighs and calls the rest of the group outside, locking the Twi'lek in the room.
Quote:
Assuming there is no way for her to escape outside the door. If there is a window or vent or something I will have Elanor stay in the room with her at blaster point. Elanor knows what Dorian is thinking but the rest don't.
"Alright," he begins, obvious annoyance in his voice, "here is the situation for those of you with bad short term memory. That girl in there tried to poison Darga, something very counter to our objectives. After she was captured somebody, somewhere, felt she was worth freeing and that she was willing/able to kill us. Now, I'm no criminal mastermind, but don't you all think it is a little strange somebody would put forth such effort to not only try to kill us but to free that girl? If I was to put money on it, I would say she is a lot more important to somebody than a mere slave. That is why the Wookiee is on the loose again. In sending him out I am hoping to bait whoever is behind this into contacting us. If there are other factions against Darga, we need to know about them and possibly utilize them to our advantage. Especially if they can get his personal guard to act." He lowers his tone a little and continues, "However, there is a second possibility. If the wookiee doesn't contact us by tomorrow it is likely the girl is just a slave in a bad spot right now. In that case, we have other pressing issues. If she is just another slave, Darga is likely involved with this and we will have to be on our toes."

He looks around once more to make sure nothing else is in the area before continuing, "Either way, we need to clean up this mess and we need that Twi'lek in our possession. I doubt Darga will fail to notice his missing guards. How he acts will tell us a great deal as to his involvement with this. If he is angry they are dead, we will give him our situation and go with idea one of that Twi'lek. She will need to be kept in our possession in that scenario. If that is the case, I need you" he motions to Avran, "to stop her heart or whatever it is you can do to make her appear dead. We need her alive, so try not to mess it up to badly. I will make up some reason to keep the body so no worries there. If, however, Darga is oblivious of the missing guards or doesn't even acknowledge the situation, we have a serious problem. In that case I need all of you to keep your com-links open because we will need to leave in a hurry, likely with a massive fight. In that case, Elanor will simply blast our way into Darga's chambers, we will take everything we can carry, and we will get out of here after blowing the place to bits. We have to make it look like a weapons deal gone bad." He gives a slight grin, "and that slaver from earlier will make the perfect scapegoat. The empire will think Darga was killed by him and we will avoid suspicion. Just have to make a big enough mess."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

After hearing Dorian's summary and plans, Cander decides to lend his own thoughts on the matter.

"Why can't we turn this to our favor and lay the blame of tonight's events on Darga or his security? We can honestly say this was in self-defense, and that we have no idea who was behind it. Using your persuasive skills, couldn't you put Darga under a spot light by saying that his palace security protocols are questionable if a group of thugs can just walk where they want comitting acts of violence whenever they want? You could have this done in private with Darga himself and use it as leverage saying, 'Who would want to do buisness with someone who cannot even protect their own guests in their own house?' I know you run the risk of maybe upsetting the Hutt; but depending on the way you say it you may cause an alarm in him if you can manipulate him into thinking that this incident that happened would be bad for his reputation."

After giving a pause to compose himself, he looks over to Nu and says, "Look, I don't like how this stuff is formulating either. The thought of associating myself with a Hutt who deals in slave trading is enough to piss me off. But this is bigger than a couple slaves. You have to remember that we're here on a mission. If we can get the information needed about Darga's involvement with the Empire, it may expose him and cause the Empire to stop working with him. Once that happens, Darga will be really hurting for cash flow making him lose a lot of power and influence. When that happens, I can come back to this planet with you and we'll see just how loud a Hutt can scream before it gets squashed."

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:44 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad just lays on the ground in pain laughing the whole time.

"HEHEEEEHHHEEEEEEEEEHHHEEEEEEEEEHHHHEHEHEHEHE"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:16 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

"That is an interesting suggestion Cander. I wonder though, if we failed to bluff our way to having Darga do as we say, would we be able to complete the mission. I think that we need to evaluate our current position and plan out events to complete our mission as quickly as possible. I fear that our welcome is long overdue."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian shakes his head slightly at Candors idea. "While it would be best to pressure the hutt in other circumstances, this is not the correct time or place. We are out numbered here and Darga knows the building better than we could ever hope to. For now it is best to watch and see who is pulling the strings. Besides, we have a mission to complete." He gives a slight sigh, knowing the mission is looking worse and worse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:34 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nuu speaks up to everyone and says "Lets not forget that we have the Imperial dignitary coming soon and we need to be ready to 'greet' him without causeing to much attention to ourselves. Avran we need to get you close enough to mind trick him into coming to our quarters without alerting anyone that you can use the force."

Taking Cander to the side and speaking to him directly, Nuu says "I agree with you. When this is all over, I'd feel honored to accompany you to this planet again and free some slaves. I have no love for slavers either. On other matters, would you mind lending me a hand on decrypting this information Six-Six gave us earlier. He came and talked with me and Avran and said his real master is a person that is friends with the Rebels. I'm thinking it might have some valuable information on it, and two people working on it rather than one might speed the process along. I'm going to be in my quarters working on it if you'd like to join."

Going to his quarters, the tired Nuu sets down to work on the information using what knowledge he has of computers to do the best he can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next