R7 astromech droid 8
2x Uggie 9
Republic Commando Darman 25
Republic Commando Atin 25
Republic Commando Fi 25
Republic Commando Niner 26
Zann Consortium Defiler 24

(199pts 10 activations)

Just a neat thing i threw together...feel free to post thoughts im always open to them lol =)

Post subject: Re: Swiss Army Squad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

BFBH713 wrote:
Gowk 55
R2-D2 astromech droid 9
R7 astromech droid 8
2x Uggie 9
Republic Commando Fi 25

(199pts 10 activations)

Just a neat thing i threw together...feel free to post thoughts im always open to them lol =)

LOL, you seem to be in my head a lot with your squads. This is very similar to something I worked on, on Monday with HannahCannon and another friend. Let me post my list for ya and I'll explain why I went with what I did.

1x Rodian Diplomat
1x Sparti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
1x Mas Amedda
1x Captain Rex
1x Atin
1x Darman
1x Fi
1x GOWK
1x Clone Commander Bacara

First off Bacara makes a pretty big difference. Not only are your commandos having a 21 defense but not being able to be shot while in cover is a pretty good deal in my book. The next difference is Rex. Getting the greater mobile will allow you to work shots then run back into the safety of cover and allow you to still get your shots. The Rodian Diplomat was put in because of its a trap. There are a few players in my local meta with a serious hard-on for Nom Anor and its nice to nuke those stupid antics from the start.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I like both of these squads a lot. GOWK's CE really makes a big difference for the RCs, and now that SSM works as written again, he's a solid piece in his own right.

I think the Rex option is probably slightly better, since you rarely get to stand still when you attack these days, so his GMA CE is superb. (Oh yeah, and Rex isn't a bad shooter himself.) And it's even better when you look at the 2nd half of Bacara's CE (+10dmg against adjacent enemies), because you'll now be able to move up and attack twice with that dmg bonus.

And IMHO, the Rodian Diplomat is always a good use of 5pts in a Republic squad. He's just too good to ignore when you're looking for useful filler...especially when you have lots of shooters, and when those shooters have stealth (because he serves as mobile cover).

However, the lack of R2 really makes me wonder if it would be better to drop the Rodian and Spaarti for him...he makes Rex SO much better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

@AudriSampson because i dont know how to do what she did with my message lol ..have you tried that squad out much in like tourney play...I have been thinking about changing mine since last night...i mean yea its got a boner for dealing with doors but i liked the bacara and rex idea...(honestly forgot about that) lol so i just wondered how well it stands in tourney play and if youve had the chance to try it in that environment?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

audrisampson wrote:

LOL, you seem to be in my head a lot with your squads. This is very similar to something I worked on, on Monday with HannahCannon and another friend. Let me post my list for ya and I'll explain why I went with what I did.

1x Rodian Diplomat
1x Sparti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
1x Mas Amedda
1x Captain Rex
1x Atin
1x Darman
1x Fi
1x GOWK
1x Clone Commander Bacara

First off Bacara makes a pretty big difference. Not only are your commandos having a 21 defense but not being able to be shot while in cover is a pretty good deal in my book. The next difference is Rex. Getting the greater mobile will allow you to work shots then run back into the safety of cover and allow you to still get your shots. The Rodian Diplomat was put in because of its a trap. There are a few players in my local meta with a serious hard-on for Nom Anor and its nice to nuke those stupid antics from the start.

Can't technically have this squad at 200pt. You are at 201pts. You'd have to drop the Spaarti and replace with a Uggie Demo to make it work. Awesome squad though! I'm looking forward to using a similar squad. Who knew Bacara would see use in competitive squads again! 8-)

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:

I think the Rex option is probably slightly better, since you rarely get to stand still when you attack these days, so his GMA CE is superb. (Oh yeah, and Rex isn't a bad shooter himself.) And it's even better when you look at the 2nd half of Bacara's CE (+10dmg against adjacent enemies), because you'll now be able to move up and attack twice with that dmg bonus.

The Republic Commandos and Rex don't count towards Bacara's CE for the damage bonus. His CE specifies Troopers with Order 66. I really wish though it would work for them. That would be really good!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:04 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

obikenobi1 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

The Republic Commandos and Rex don't count towards Bacara's CE for the damage bonus. His CE specifies Troopers with Order 66. I really wish though it would work for them. That would be really good!

Omega Squad counts as Order 66, but I guess the trooper part gets in the way. Bummer. That really decreases the squad's damage output at close range. Bacara's still a great choice for super-stealth though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:19 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

BFBH713 wrote:
@AudriSampson because i dont know how to do what she did with my message lol ..have you tried that squad out much in like tourney play...I have been thinking about changing mine since last night...i mean yea its got a boner for dealing with doors but i liked the bacara and rex idea...(honestly forgot about that) lol so i just wondered how well it stands in tourney play and if youve had the chance to try it in that environment?

Im planning on taking it with me to a local tourney tonight. I'll let you know how it works then. I haven't played Bacara SS in YEARS and thought about giving it a shot. I'll have to double check my numbers on point total though I guess, maybe I did an extra report but two uggies isnt bad LOL.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thereisnotry wrote:
However, the lack of R2 really makes me wonder if it would be better to drop the Rodian and Spaarti for him...he makes Rex SO much better.

EVERY good republic squads first 9 points should be R2-D2 Astromech Droid.

Period. End of discussion.

He is just too good for his cost to not put him in. Even if you have to change the whole squad around - do it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:28 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

All right well played two rounds with my version of the squad tonight. It worked but it wasn't something that really excited me. Round 1 it played against Mando Scouts. With both of us playing cloak like effects it was a matter of using Greater Mobile to get shots on the Captain and Blademaster. Second round it just rolled over and died to a GOWK/CRITDU squad. We didnt actually get to play a third round but honestly I do not think I'll be pulling out my list again for a long while.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

BFBH713 wrote:
Gowk 55
R2-D2 astromech droid 9
R7 astromech droid 8
2x Uggie 9
Republic Commando Fi 25

(199pts 10 activations)

All the Republic commandos have report with each other so you have 4 extra points to spend here, so your at 195. Were it me I'd drop the r7 (Fi's door control is enough extra) and the defiler for Rex. Then add in a mouse Droid with the extra points.

Rex's attack is helped by Fi's traps. All your RCs can do 30 damage shots (40 for Darmin when adjacent) and gowk is always tough. I really like the RCs with gowk a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Weeks wrote:
BFBH713 wrote:
Gowk 55
R2-D2 astromech droid 9
R7 astromech droid 8
2x Uggie 9
Republic Commando Fi 25

(199pts 10 activations)

All the Republic commandos have report with each other so you have 4 extra points to spend here, so your at 195. Were it me I'd drop the r7 (Fi's door control is enough extra) and the defiler for Rex. Then add in a mouse Droid with the extra points.

Rex's attack is helped by Fi's traps. All your RCs can do 30 damage shots (40 for Darmin when adjacent) and gowk is always tough. I really like the RCs with gowk a lot.

There's a lack of Rex in this squad. Rex was in the other version.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:46 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

What Weeks said