logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Bribery
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Just curious how exactly the new bribery ability is supposed to work. I get to bring in 10 points of fringe reinforcements. If my opponent also brings in reinforcements, I can take up to ten points worth of his instead. So if he only brings in one 20 point character I can't do anything, but if he brings in 10 mouse droids I could take half of them for myself. Does this also allow me to take non fringe reinforcements outside of my faction, such as seperatists?

Post subject: Re: Bribery
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

hannahcannon wrote:
Just curious how exactly the new bribery ability is supposed to work. I get to bring in 10 points of fringe reinforcements. If my opponent also brings in reinforcements, I can take up to ten points worth of his instead. So if he only brings in one 20 point character I can't do anything, but if he brings in 10 mouse droids I could take half of them for myself. Does this also allow me to take non fringe reinforcements outside of my faction, such as seperatists?

If he brings in one 20 point character (or only characters worth more than 10 points), you get to bring the 10 points of Fringe Reinforcements you chose. If he brings any number of characters that cost less than 10 points (say, 10 mouse droids, or a Gamorrean Bodyguard and an R7 Astromech Droid) you get the choice of keeping the 10 points of Fringe Reinforcements you brought, or taking up to 10 points of your opponent's Reinforcements instead (up to 5 Mouse Droids or the R7 Droid, in this example).

It's 2 steps basically:

1) Select 10 points of Fringe characters to bring in. This works exactly like Fringe Reinforcements 10.

2) IF your opponent brought characters in via Reinforcements, you may (note that this is optional) select up to 10 points worth of characters from the Reinforcements that he brought in. This can be any number of characters with a total up to 10 points. If your opponent only brought in characters who cost more than 10 points, you cannot choose anything in this step. The chosen characters replace the characters that you chose in step 1, join your squad and you set them up in your starting area.

And yes, you can use Bribery to get characters of any faction. The second step (the stealing part) is not limited to Fringe.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Last edited by Echo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Awesome, that would really mess with the people using lobot to bring in all their door control. Thanks for the fast answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:42 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

hannahcannon wrote:
Awesome, that would really mess with the people using lobot to bring in all their door control. Thanks for the fast answer.

Nailed it, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Great vs the MTB if you have the support for it too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

hannahcannon wrote:

Yep, that's one of the purposes of it. It also messes up the 10-Mouse drop, since now you just get 5 Mice and your opponent gets the other 5, so there is no change in activation numbers. It also messes up MTB as Jonny pointed out, since most MTB engines rely on getting the MTB and the extra activations from Lobot to sacrifice to it. Now they get the MTB and nothing extra to kill off!

Hopefully Tyber's presence will make Reinforcement choices MUCH more interesting.

I edited my post above to clarify a couple things, mostly to highlight that step #2 is optional and that the figures chosen in step #2 replace the ones chosen in step #1 (so you still only get 10 points worth of characters, max).

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:15 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I like the fact that he's also a pretty good offensive piece as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:29 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I guess the question now is, how does this work itself out if both people are playing him. Both get ten points of reinforcements and neither one can steal the other person's reinforcements?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I would guess that each player would get 10 points of bribery and they would use their own pieces because nether player has reinforcements.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
I would guess that each player would get 10 points of bribery and they would use their own pieces because nether player has reinforcements.

That's correct. Since the characters brought in via Bribery weren't brought in via "reinforcements" specifically, you can't take them with your own Bribery. Bribery can only steal characters brought in with an ability specifically named "reinforcements".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

hannahcannon wrote:

Well, if they have LOBOT, they already have 1 character with door control. ;)

But yes, it might prevent them from bringing in MORE door control, unless of course it's T3-M4!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
Great vs the MTB if you have the support for it too.

or take away their support for it lol, leave them with a MTB and nothing cheap to kill