logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Danville IL
Just to clarify how does the Reinforcement step work during the set-up of a game? Is it that both players bring characters in at the same time, or is there an order. If there is an order could I bring in Wuher, then mess up their plans for a droid dump?

_________________
Winning a tournament always allows doing whatever is within the rules to win. - Billiv15


[===0=]=============>


Sentinel for Life!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
I also had a question about Wuher. Do attacks such as Fire Support Mission still work against him? What other options do non-melee figures have in countering Wuher from killing all the shooters when people have an all shooters squad? It will be interesting to see how Wuher factors into the meta since he can be beefed up with Fringe CE's and other factions CE's quite easily.

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:35 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
audrisampson wrote:
Just to clarify how does the Reinforcement step work during the set-up of a game? Is it that both players bring characters in at the same time, or is there an order. If there is an order could I bring in Wuher, then mess up their plans for a droid dump?



Bringing in Wuher as a reinforcement will only mess with future reserves. Reinforcements are chosen and revealed simultaneaously

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
obikenobi1 wrote:
I also had a question about Wuher. Do attacks such as Fire Support Mission still work against him? What other options do non-melee figures have in countering Wuher from killing all the shooters when people have an all shooters squad? It will be interesting to see how Wuher factors into the meta since he can be beefed up with Fringe CE's and other factions CE's quite easily.



Fire Support would work. Accurate Shot is another.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 am
Posts: 126
Location: Danville, IL
Would accurate shot really work? The way it's worded sounds kinda like diplomat against shooters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
hannahcannon wrote:
Would accurate shot really work? The way it's worded sounds kinda like diplomat against shooters.



Accurate doesn't care whether you count as the nearest.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
hannahcannon wrote:
Would accurate shot really work? The way it's worded sounds kinda like diplomat against shooters.


It's actually closer to Stealth. Diplomat has a whole lot other interactions.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Sithborg wrote:
hannahcannon wrote:
Would accurate shot really work? The way it's worded sounds kinda like diplomat against shooters.


It's actually closer to Stealth. Diplomat has a whole lot other interactions.


Except that stealth can be overcome by getting within 6 squares. Even super stealth and cloaked can be overcome by getting adjacent. If you don't have accurate shot, your non-melee pieces can never hurt him with attacks.

He makes a great way to help a diplomat stay alive. He's kinda like a force ghost vs non-accurate, non-melee.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
Indiscriminate gets around "no blasters" too correct?

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
TimmerB123 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
hannahcannon wrote:
Would accurate shot really work? The way it's worded sounds kinda like diplomat against shooters.


It's actually closer to Stealth. Diplomat has a whole lot other interactions.


Except that stealth can be overcome by getting within 6 squares. Even super stealth and cloaked can be overcome by getting adjacent. If you don't have accurate shot, your non-melee pieces can never hurt him with attacks.

He makes a great way to help a diplomat stay alive. He's kinda like a force ghost vs non-accurate, non-melee.


As long as Wuher has cover, sure. Leave him out in the open, it doesn't matter if he is the nearest or not, but does leave your other fig in cover open to being a viable target.

And Indiscriminate ignores No Blasters.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Does adjacency overrule "not being the nearest target"?

It just seems weird that he's indestructible to attacks (even adjacent ones) from non-accurate, non-melee characters - just because he's standing on cover.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
TimmerB123 wrote:
Does adjacency overrule "not being the nearest target"?

It just seems weird that he's indestructible to attacks (even adjacent ones) from non-accurate, non-melee characters - just because he's standing on cover.



Remember, the rule is you can only attack a character in cover if they are the nearest enemy. So, if Wuher has no cover, he is a perfectly legal target. And adjacent characters never have cover.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 3483
It works almost exactly like Stealth, except without the "within 6" clause. If you're 2 squares away and he's in cover and you don't have Accurate, you can't shoot him. If you do have Accurate, you can always shoot him. If he doesn't have cover, you can always shoot him.

_________________
"An elegant, easy-to-understand concept or mechanic that accomplishes 95% of what you want is much better than a clunky, obtuse mechanic that gets you 100%" - Rob Daviau

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wuher
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:12 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Sithborg wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Does adjacency overrule "not being the nearest target"?

It just seems weird that he's indestructible to attacks (even adjacent ones) from non-accurate, non-melee characters - just because he's standing on cover.



Remember, the rule is you can only attack a character in cover if they are the nearest enemy. So, if Wuher has no cover, he is a perfectly legal target. And adjacent characters never have cover.


That was the missing step in my brain. So ANYONE adjacent can attack him.

Phew, that would have been a big issue otherwise.

So it's sorta like he has cloaked to any non-melee character without accurate shot


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield