logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Squads for Lansing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Good Morning,

A couple of friends and I are planning on going up to Lansing this coming weekend, as long as i can get off i will be there, I currently have two different squads going through my head right now and would just like a little bit of input from some others and see what they say. here is list number one:
Darth Sidious
General whorm Loathsome
Battle Droid Officer
San hill
Lobot
Ig lancer droid
Ig assassin droid x2
Poggle the lesser
gha nachkt
geonosian drones x6
mouse droids x2

18 activations

this is the game plan for the main squad, of course in the reinforements i would bring in the last 3 mouse droids i have and then pending what i am playing against go from there.

this is the other list:
gereral rieekan
general crix madine
han solo, smuggler
princess leia
luke skywalker rebel commando
wookie commando x4
lobot
r2-d2 with extended sensor
elite rebel commando
r7 astromech droid

13 activations

this is one idea for the army however i also had another were i took han smuggler and leia out added ithorian commader, han in stormtrooper armor, juno and 1 rodian. however i really much rather have the accurate shot han but, i am not really sure though. i am welcome to all input.

thanks and have a great day

Post subject: Re: Squads for Lansing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I like the second one better. I would drop the two Astromechs for another Elite Commando, though.

I would be hesistant to bring the Lancer squad. The Geonosians sort of hurt your ability to deep strike with the Lancer. Not enough Mice to keep a good enough spread. Lancer has sort of been a fairly reliable squad to be faced, so many of the players will be highly experienced against it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:27 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well thank you for the help, I have really decided that I like the second one far better as of right now. However I am not going to be able to make it to lansing this weekend due to conflicting schedule at work. Which sucks however it does give me time to figure the squad out better. I really like the squad as a whole however, I have came across a couple of issues one of the biggest is bastilla and her battle meditation, and the squad is kinda dependent on commander effects, so I had given some thought of putting some single power hitters in there that are not so dependent on commander effects like luke hoth pilot unleashed, and kyle katarn from the virt set along side with smuggler han and reactivating and only activating one a turn with dodonna of course

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:12 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Don't forget that Dodonna's single activation is also a CE that Bastilla can cancel with battle med.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well unfortunately it does nuke dodonna but that is why I am trying to pack the heavy hitters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok so i have been working on this squad again, and i dont know i am really going between a comple different ideas. The original idea was great except when you are sitting across bastilla and it was just neutered. So the current idea is to work some direct damage that doesnt get so messed up by ABM. So this is the concept that i have branched out on i have taken out crix madeen and the wookie commandos and added some different things, here it is:
Lobot
Han Solo, Smuggler
Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
Elite Rebel Commando
General Rieekan
General Dodonna
Princess Leia
Admiral Akbar
R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
Mouse Droids x5
R7 Astromech Droid
Caamasi Noble

16 activations
or thought of removing the mouse droids, r7, and caamasi noble and put in Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed

Input is highly appreciated thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

If your worried about bastila you can either run her out of force points, target her with something that breaks its, or kill her lol The assassin droid that does 60 save 11 regardless of sight either kills her or makes her roll a save ..either way ABM falls off if she has to roll a save...Bastilas not really THAT great..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:22 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

She actually is that great, if the OR player knows how to hide her well. If he plays it right, you'll never see her. And since you don't have any huge movement breakers in the Rebel squad (ie, swap, lancer, or Yobuck), Bastilla will be able to sit inside a closet in the starting area all game and not have to worry about a thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

so what is this droid thing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:41 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

that is what i was thinking, i have never seen bastilla untill it was well into the game and any and all of my heavy hitters were dead or dying. What is you opinion on what could be done to help benifit the squad against bastilla squads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

BFBH713 wrote:
If your worried about bastila you can either run her out of force points, target her with something that breaks its, or kill her lol The assassin droid that does 60 save 11 regardless of sight either kills her or makes her roll a save ..either way ABM falls off if she has to roll a save...Bastilas not really THAT great..

No Bastilla player worth his or her weight is going to allow you to get an ASN Assasin droid within 6 squares of Bastilla. Today was the first time I ran her in serious play and in both games won she didn't take a single point of damage. In a close game against Vong, she was 2nd to last to die in the squad. There is NO reason to bring her out out hiding until maybe turn 5-6 and by that time the damage is done to most Rebel squads.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SvenBlackSunVigo wrote:
that is what i was thinking, i have never seen bastilla untill it was well into the game and any and all of my heavy hitters were dead or dying. What is you opinion on what could be done to help benifit the squad against bastilla squads

There is actually very little you can do to protect Rebel squads from Bastilla. Rebels generally have a bad matchup vs OR, just as OR generally has a bad matchup vs Vong.

--Since Luke's Snowspeeder has the speed advantage (and OR has no strong movement breakers aside from Thon), you could use the SS to harass the OR's tech pieces and activations while staying away from their attackers (and while keeping the rest of your squad far in the back), but that would change a large portion of your squad. Bastilla doesn't want to turn on the ABM until it's time (or nearly time) for combat, so you'll likely have Evade on your SS for the first couple of rounds at least...and if you're lucky you might even get some Leia/Bothan cannon-shots off in the early rounds too.
--You could bring a wall of Caamasi Nobles with Lobot so that the Battlemasters have to use a FP to Leap over it (and therefore have less FP left to deflect your shots).
--You could place a large amount of activations in your base squad, so that you still outactivate the OR, even with the loss of Dodonna's CE.
--You could put Ferus Olin in the squad since he's an excellent bodyguard and he has the big Dark Temptation attack which can lay down heavy damage on the OR's beefy attackers.

All of these options could help, to varying degrees, but I'm not sure that any of them can turn it into a favorable matchup vs the OR.