Unnamed Stormtrooper

Just another crazy idea...

Han Solo Smuggler 27
Kyle Katarn, Rebel Operative 39
Princess Leia 20
General Dodonna 9
3x Bothan noble 51
General Rieeken 14
Lobot 27 (4x Uggie, 1x Mouse Droid, 1x Camasi Noble)
R2-D2 with sensor 9
Ugnaught 3

199 points 17 activations

Just somethin I have been tinkering with...any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Kyle Solo Cannon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:14 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

What is funny is that same exact squad has been getting heavy play in my local meta. I think it has a tourney win and I know it had a winning record both times it has shown up.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Really? thats awesome i suppose im doing something right then lol but i cant help but think im missing something like theres a hole somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The main problem is that if you have to face Bastila, it loses a LOT of its power. It can also be somewhat susceptible to Lancer squads, since you don't have much of a movement breaker (the closest is moving 12 squares with either Han or Kyle and then giving them extra shots) nor do you have anything that hurts the Lancer on its turn (Djem So, Riposte, Self-Destruct, stuff like that).

Of course, those two problems are problems with the Rebel faction in general right now, so if you're playing Rebels those are things you just kind of have to live with and try to out-play your opponent if you go up against them.

Against a more straightforward squad without Bastila or Lancers, it looks solid. There's a whole lot of firepower there, so melee squads will have trouble closing on it because they'll get blasted on the way in, and it can trade shots with most shooting squads since you've got Evade. Cloaked characters like Mandos might give it some trouble, but if you can get to Gambit first to force them to advance on you (instead of the other way around) you should be able to handle them.

You might want to consider dropping one of the Bothan Nobles for Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Armor. That gives you a small movement breaker, and another recipient for the extra shot CEs if you start losing your main shooters. With that you can have Luke use Grappling Hook to move one of your two main shooters 6 squares, then have them run 12 squares, then give them extra shots (as long as a Mouse Droid can keep up). That extra movement will probably help some in the bad matchups.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well Bastilla beats the squad hands down... I know that in playtesting prep for the Lansing City champs. However that is kindoff the nature of the beast with rebels against Bastilla as Echo laid out extremely well.

What do you think your missing?

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Im not exactly sure lol maybe Im not missing anything and it was just one of those times when you think its missing and its not lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Believe me I know the feeling, I've been banging my head against the wall all week under that premise trying to finish my squad for Lansing. I would say your squad is pretty good as long as you dont run into Bastilla or Lansing.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!