logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: The 10-mouse dump
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Droids are subject to this effect: Each enemy character that does not count towards victory points may not activate this round, save 11. This save may not be rerolled.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:24 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I don't think I saw this anywhere but why not disallow Repport count for the cost of Reinforcements? This would only allow 6 Mouse droids to come into play. Having a figure with an ability will force people to have to play that figure. It seems that everyone is already playing squads that are 1-3 attacking pieces and the rest is technical use fluff. So with this new figure is it going to be one attack piece and the rest of the squad Door activation and strategy hate.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I'm somewhat new to the game, but it sounds to me like all you need to get past this is a rodian trader. If you're using the Lobot with 20 fringe reinforcements, you could drop him in for 10 pts. He has munitions supplies so you can start giving allies like rodian brutes or ugnaughts a useful grenades 10 ability to bust through the wall of droids. Thought that might be a useful idea for someone to try. If enough people started killing that mouse droid tactic with a fairly cheap fig that already exists, it might start showing up less.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I'm fairly new to this game, so this may sound stupid, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Wouldn't the best way to stop this be to just beat it on a regular basis with a cheap character that already exists. My knowledge of characters is limited, but one I have is the rodian trader. For 10 points he can grant any allied character grenades 10 once a turn. He's fringe so anyone using Lobot could bring him in with reserves. It's not quite as good as flamethrower, but I don't know of a fringer that grants flamethrower and would cost less than 20. Not a perfect solution, but it might be a workable one. If a mouse droid wall was destroyed often enough by a few ugnaughts or rodian brutes with grenades, people might move away from that tactic. Most of these new abilities or rules people have suggested would negatively affect more than just the ones who want to dump mouse droids, so they shouldn't be added without careful consideration on how they would affect the overall game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:19 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This is Audri's boyfriend borrowing her account for a second. Since most everyone is running the Lobot that allows 20 points of reserves, why not bring in a rodian trader and 2 Caamasi nobles. The trader has munition supplies which allows you to give any ally grenades 10. Give the nobles grenades and let them blow up the mice. Being diplomats should keep them alive for a few rounds. With two of them standing next to each other they'd be very hard to kill.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:19 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

it's more the activations than it is what the mice do (ie relay orders).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

audrisampson wrote:
This is Audri's boyfriend borrowing her account for a second. Since most everyone is running the Lobot that allows 20 points of reserves, why not bring in a rodian trader and 2 Caamasi nobles. The trader has munition supplies which allows you to give any ally grenades 10. Give the nobles grenades and let them blow up the mice. Being diplomats should keep them alive for a few rounds. With two of them standing next to each other they'd be very hard to kill.

Actually your opponent would have to have line of sight to another of your pieces or the two diplomats would be very EASY to kill.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:41 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Darth_Jim wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

Actually your opponent would have to have line of sight to another of your pieces or the two diplomats would be very EASY to kill.

(me being me LOL)

That wouldn't be that hard to do..

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:30 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Sorry for the extra posts, I didn't think the originals had gone through. I thought having the diplomats out there beside each other would prevent them from getting shot as long as the opponent could see both of them at the same time. Maybe I'm getting the diplomat thing wrong. I guess you could always run your own mice out there behind them if you're using mice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

hannahcannon wrote:
Sorry for the extra posts, I didn't think the originals had gone through. I thought having the diplomats out there beside each other would prevent them from getting shot as long as the opponent could see both of them at the same time. Maybe I'm getting the diplomat thing wrong. I guess you could always run your own mice out there behind them if you're using mice.

A lot of us have had trouble understanding rules regarding diplomats at first, but once you understand the concept, it can be exploited... just not the way you thought. For the the diplomat NOT to be a target, the attacking piece must have a NON-DIPLOMAT enemy in line of sight. Some fun ways to make this happen: A diplomat next to a force spirit... a diplomat next to a character in cover with cloak... a diplomat next to a character with spy... you get the idea. Just keep that second character within los of the attacking piece and the diplomat can carry out whatever evil plan you have in store for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Ok, reread the wording on diplomat. I was forgetting that it needs a non-diplomat in LOS. Hmmm. If you're using mouse droids yourself, you could always give them grenades. Then use your mice to blow up theirs. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Ya know if everyones soo worried about the 10 mouse dump or the cheese of activation squads and people that cant play without causing wide spread boredom while they play solitaire..then just as the acting Star Wars Mini's rules makers put an activation cap on tourneys...no worrying bout the broke level of new figs or anything faction related..just BOOM this is this the limit...no more dumb cheese from cowards who cant play other wise...lol just one theory to stop the annoying shenanigans of people who cant engage to win lol just sayin....AND if anyone dont like this opinion...sorry boutcha lol opinions are like assholes...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

BFBH713 wrote:
Ya know if everyones soo worried about the 10 mouse dump or the cheese of activation squads and people that cant play without causing wide spread boredom while they play solitaire..then just as the acting Star Wars Mini's rules makers put an activation cap on tourneys...no worrying bout the broke level of new figs or anything faction related..just BOOM this is this the limit...no more dumb cheese from cowards who cant play other wise...lol just one theory to stop the annoying shenanigans of people who cant engage to win lol just sayin....AND if anyone dont like this opinion...sorry boutcha lol opinions are like assholes...

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, but if you're suggesting an activation-limit, that's already been suggested. Some formats have it (Epic 500pts, for example), but we have decided to stay away from changing the fundamental rules of the game and of squad-building. Of course, people are welcome to institute any house-rules they want in non-official tournaments too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:10 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Not to mention the banning of quite a few pieces that would be required with an activation cap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithborg wrote:
Not to mention the banning of quite a few pieces that would be required with an activation cap.

+1

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

BFBH713 wrote:

Umm wow, thats a pretty bold statement. I see that your pretty new to the forum, No offense but may I ask how long have you played the game? May I also ask what caused you to become so angry at the situation?

In my personal experience I've found the activation situation to be one of the more intriguing and the most tactile in the game. I generally play lower activation squads which forces me to generally have to make my decisions and game play actions at the beginning of the turn. Now many others would rather react to what you have done, counter it by using their more important actions at the end of the round.

I think taking this out this "chess match" really would be a disservice to the game. With an activation cap we might as well all play big jedi or other big costed figures.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I don't think it's quite as big of a deal following v-set 3. There are some good counters to it in the new set like Tyber Zann and Wuher. Or if you're using Lobot you could bring in Momaw Nadon to clear out a mouse wall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

BFBH713 wrote:

Yeah, a lot of anger there. Why don't you think you can beat the mouse dump? A lot of ways to do it even before the new stuff came out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:58 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Sithborg wrote:

I might agree. Which ones would be high on the potential list?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

2 words.

Momow Nadan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next