logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That is pretty frustrating.

I have not really experinced the long queues but I think that is because in general I do not get on till 8:30 -9 pst for an hour or so. So most of the queues that I get is 5-10 minutes if at all. I am just glad to finally have made it of Ordo Mantell before i went to bed, the last set of missions took me alost 2 days with the Savrip heroics diversion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Azavander wrote:
That is pretty frustrating.

I have not really experinced the long queues but I think that is because in general I do not get on till 8:30 -9 pst for an hour or so. So most of the queues that I get is 5-10 minutes if at all. I am just glad to finally have made it of Ordo Mantell before i went to bed, the last set of missions took me alost 2 days with the Savrip heroics diversion.

If you want next time we can try "tag and bag". Basically it's a trick to the tagging system where we don't group (as that would kill your xp) you tag the creature by shooting it first then I can jump in and do all the damage...most likely one hit. Heroics should not take you two days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I accidently did it twice, I at first didnt realize that you could do it as many times as you want so I was doing the SL and all the side missions and was like crap I thought i got credit for this. The 2nd time was easy espcially since I had a companion but the first time was brutal. GOing through the sep base to do all the stuff I had to do in there was time consuming, mostly because there were no other players so there were a ton of small sep parties to take out. took me the better part of an hour to clear the base and back out again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:34 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Azavander wrote:
I accidently did it twice, I at first didnt realize that you could do it as many times as you want so I was doing the SL and all the side missions and was like crap I thought i got credit for this. The 2nd time was easy espcially since I had a companion but the first time was brutal. GOing through the sep base to do all the stuff I had to do in there was time consuming, mostly because there were no other players so there were a ton of small sep parties to take out. took me the better part of an hour to clear the base and back out again.

Lol, ok. Yeah, heroics are daily repeatable quests

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Azavander wrote:

True, and IMHO they're also some of the most enjoyable aspects of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Azavander wrote:

True, and IMHO they're also some of the most enjoyable aspects of the game.

They'd be more enjoyable if you were part of a Guild of like minded gamers who also play minis and you were running through with them ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

They'd be more enjoyable if you were part of a Guild of like minded gamers who also play minis and you were running through with them ;)

lol...I get the hint! How do I sign up for this guild? I clicked to join when I first created my character, so I don't know what else I need to do.

Also, I'm doing constant crafting right now, as per your suggestions. I'm going with slicing for now, since I'm finding that it's hard to keep a good income level while also increasing my crafting skills.

Oh, and what level and what planet are all of our guild's characters on right now, btw? I'm level 20 on Nar Shadaa right now (I chose to go there before Taris).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:

lol...I get the hint! How do I sign up for this guild? I clicked to join when I first created my character, so I don't know what else I need to do.

Also, I'm doing constant crafting right now, as per your suggestions. I'm going with slicing for now, since I'm finding that it's hard to keep a good income level while also increasing my crafting skills.

Oh, and what level and what planet are all of our guild's characters on right now, btw? I'm level 20 on Nar Shadaa right now (I chose to go there before Taris).

Well, there is no "Huma" on the guild roster. IS that the character you accepted the invite with? Otherwise, whisper "Cel" or "P'ruhk" in game. I'm almost always on.

Due to early release waves, we're all kind of spread out. I'm 30 on Tatooine and Alderaan; Eric's around 22 or so on Coruscant. Daniel is about 16 on Esseles? Then we've got guys running from there all the way down to 1 (sithborg).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm 17 now and about to head to Taris.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I got my Jedi to level 3 today. lol

I may have to opt out of group activities for a bit, till I get my new desktop. The game works okay, to perfect, when I'm outside, but when I go inside, it slows down to almost unplayable (currently makes it really tough for my Inquisitor).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sithborg wrote:
I got my Jedi to level 3 today. lol

I may have to opt out of group activities for a bit, till I get my new desktop. The game works okay, to perfect, when I'm outside, but when I go inside, it slows down to almost unplayable (currently makes it really tough for my Inquisitor).

My trooper is now at level 5. :D I have the same issue when I'm indoors, a huge lag in controls. Is there anyway to change settings to help with that.
I had the wacky idea last night that we should make a mini v-set for the celestial warriors of our toons. I'd be up for doing the graphics and they would be for fun only but it would be cool\funny.
Anyway, how do I take a screen shot? I'd like to post my trooper, Gunn-Tarmin, for you all to see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:40 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Ctrl + Prnt Scrn buttons, then Ctrl+V into MS Paint works fine for a Screenshot.

Have you tried disabling Shadows in the graphics options? I recall in chat that some people were saying that improved their frame rate.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ruhk wrote:
Ctrl + Prnt Scrn buttons, then Ctrl+V into MS Paint works fine for a Screenshot.

Have you tried disabling Shadows in the graphics options? I recall in chat that some people were saying that improved their frame rate.

I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thedisaster wrote:
Ruhk wrote:

I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

If you have a CE, there is a camera you get that does it. IF you don't then just meet up with me and I can do it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

So I got my Legacy and it applies to ALL characters on the server, not just faction specific. With this I will be moving my DS characters off. I think, as I mentioned before, Kaas is too overpopulated. I am eyeing Assassins of Sion, as it had a sith sounding name to counter the LS Jedi covenant and is one of the newest servers. I don't know who's leveled what to where, but just throwing it out there for ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:12 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

On a side note, Daniel and I figured out how to get into each other's stroy lines, which was amazing! He was even 14 levels lower and still helped me beat it, it was really cool.

So now I'm thinking I want a character to play that I will only play when the other person is online and vice versa. Two classes from the same starting planet and we team up the entire way basically doubling the xp on the fist planet and adding another 1/3 on every one after.

I'm not a fan of the Smuggler/IA but if anyone else is those two planets are doable.

I'll play any type of Force user, though of the "Knight" class I'd prefer to be Sith.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:04 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ruhk wrote:

It did actually.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Post removed due to repetitive griefing. You've stated your opinion, more than once, but this is not the thread for that. These posts are considered off topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Gentlemen, you have been playing TOR for a bit now. I'm debating whether I should get it. I could probably commit to playing an hour or two every day. Do you think that would be enough to justify the monthly cost? I have seen videos online and it looks really fun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

wannabemexican wrote:
Gentlemen, you have been playing TOR for a bit now. I'm debating whether I should get it. I could probably commit to playing an hour or two every day. Do you think that would be enough to justify the monthly cost? I have seen videos online and it looks really fun.

Well, that's anywhere from 30-60 hours a month. If you get the single monthly subscription, it's 15$. So you're paying $.50 or less everytime you log in. Can you even get that from an arcade anymore? If you get longer subscriptions (I have a 6 month plan) it gets "cheaper". I basically get a month free, but I have to pay it in larger chunks.

Many of our guild aren't on that much. We're pretty casual and would welcome you into Celestial Warriors on the Jedi Covenant server.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next