logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:19 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Waiting for the rest of the group to come back to their quarters, Nuuhatyc signals Avran. "Thanks for the help in keeping my cover from being blown. I think we still need to search this place a little more. After the others come back, how about you and me do some inconspicious investigation of the lower levels. Should we encounter any trouble, we can back each other up. I never got the chance to explore the lower levels today and I think tommarow will be a good time to do that. When everyone else comes back from their fun killing for Darga's entertainment, I'll let everyone else know what I found today that might help us in our mission. I noticed you have an aversion to violence as I do. Any particular reason?"

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian replies to the hutt in huttese.

Spoiler: show
"Yes, if only the Empire would make it easier for us to do business. Such a pity they are so intent on limiting men like us in our ventures."

Dorian gave a little smile and bowed slightly once more. "I would like to take my leave now, I am sure my men need some rest after their little work out and I would very much like to get to know your associates further. Building relations is, as you said, an important part of running a successful business." Looking around at the other beings in the area, "As for the rest of you, I do hope you enjoyed our little show."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor gazes upon the beautiful jewelry that lies upon her chest. Her fingers caress the rubies along the chain.

I wonder how many grenades this thing can buy me. Oh my.. maybe even a rocket launcher.. or, or a modified rocket launcher!

Her eyes glaze over in happiness as she somewhat hears Dorian in the background wrapping up loose ends of the business deal. The back of her hand touches her mouth to wipe off the drool that happened to escape from her lips. Elanor walks in a dream like state back to her quarters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Darga replies in Huttese
"I have not found the Empire that difficult to work with, I have a representative coming here in the next day or two."
Nodding in recognition and continues,
"take your rest you have earned it."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

In reply to Nu "I have a respect for life partly due to my upbringing but also due to training that I have received. I do not wish for any being to be hurt as a result of my actions though that does not mean that I will not use force to disable a person if necessary. Sneaking around does sound like a smart idea, I think that sooner or later Darga will cease becoming amused of our presence. I think that the sooner we are out of here the better. I have a funny feeling about some of the occupants of this palace."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

When Darga bestows his gifts, Cander nods slightly in gratitude. After the pleasantries have been exchanged, Cander heads towards the bar for a cooling drink of ale while casually taking note of all the guests present.

Well, there's my one crazy deed for the day. This little adventure of ours better not turn us into Darga's new gladiatorial team. I'd go down killing the slug if it came to that. And where the hell was the Mando guy? What was his name again? Newyuck? You'd think someone like him would be jumping at the idea of a fight. Whatever...

After his drink (provided no one starts a conversation with him), Cander returns to his room to examine damage to his gear and to clean himself up.

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

At the hutts words, Dorian heads into the crowd. So, we only have to buy a couple of days, excellent. After wandering around for a few minutes, he heads back down to his room, knocking on each rooms door on the way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:42 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor cocooned herself in the blankets. Her arms pry out of the warm cotton nest so she could roll herself closer to the necklace which laid happily beside her.

So... many... grenades

Elanor ears perk up as she hears someone knocking on her door. She groans and falls out of the bed with a large thud. Once she unraveled herself from the blankets, she slipped on some pants and poked her head out.

What the fu..

"Dorian?" Elanor growls at his name while she simultaneously raises her right eyebrow in curiosity.

What's this all about I wonder. Couldn't he have done this after we had some rest. stang.

Elanor stretches her arms wide and leaves them behind her back as she follows Dorian down the hallway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Avran hears the knock on his door and opens it only to see Dorian walking away to the other doors and knocking on them. "Is there something that you wanted? Were the gifts given to you for acting as a gladiator sufficient enough to overcome your conscience? I'll just let you know, I do not kill at the whim of a gangster so I am sorry that I was not able to help you in combat earlier but I feel that all life is precious and should not be harmed especially for entertainment. I see that you and our other companions made it out fine, though it could have gone the other way. I just hope that it was worth it to you."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Hearing a knock on his door, Nuuhatcy answers the door and see's Dorian standing there. "Ah, just the man I was looking for. I've got some info we need to share with the rest of the group. How about we all meet again in my quarters and discuss our 'business' plans."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:10 pm 

Quote:
Sorry, but my character is not in his room when you are making the rounds knocking on doors. He is at the bar for a while, and you'll have to contact him via comlink.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
Ok, going to reply to each of you individually as he walks.

Quote:
Elanor

Dorian simply motions down the hallway to follow him.

Quote:
Avran

As the fish starts jabbering, Dorian moves on to the next room, knocking then turning to him. In Selkath.

"And you, my very naive sushi platter, need to realize that what we are doing here could save billions of lives. If the only way to get the information we need and not get killed in the process is to kill for anothers amusement, or just plain kill, then so be it. One billion versus one, I choose one. Now follow me so we can figure out how to get this done."

Quote:
Nuuhatcy

After he finishes his statement, the door opens and Nuuhatcy begins talking. "Perfect," he interrupts, "here we are, lets talk." Walking in past the Mandalorian, he has a seat as the others trickle in. Once the group who is coming is in, he begins.

"Alright, so, in short our opportunity is at hand. An Imperial representative is suppose to get here in the next couple of days. When he gets here we have to figure out everything we can then get out. Right now, our out is selling the hutt some weapons. When that is done we can leave. As a fallback plan we should probably figure out every exit we can." Looking to each individual as he names them, "Elanor, how is the explosive setting project coming along? I doubt well as we had to expend a lot of munitions in that arena. Still, I believe if we could set an explosive under the balcony overlooking the arena it would make a great distraction." "Nuuhatcy, did you find something worth us killing for that hutts amusement? I noticed you crawling around and talking on the comm, you said you found something." "And Avran, you did a poor job keeping Skad out of trouble. Please try to keep him from getting us into any more killing matches over stupid things and cheap trinkets." He looks over the ring he now possesses, smirking at the thought that his wine is worth more than the thing. "Cander is doing exactly what he is suppose to be doing I see, so, that is it. Anybody have any comments or concerns?"

Quote:
Going to clarify as this is a multiple step comment. First off, he is asking for comments on a fall back plan in case the weapons deal goes south. After comments on that, he starts to talk about their individual tasks. When the replies are in, he states the last part. Trying to condense this some so we don't sit here and talk for to long and so the people who aren't a part of it have something to do sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad"Who is it and what do you want?" to the person knocking at the door. "If its not important can you please leave me a lone?"

Skad keeps cleaning himself up and getting ready to rest after the battle.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:43 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Quote:
Roll for AX1d20+4=14
Skad just keeps looking at the Ax hoping something will come to him.

Skad Comes out of his room and sees dorian near the door.
"O it was you. Sorry" "What can I help you with and by the way?"
Skad looks at Dorian face to face "Dont you know about weapons?"

Pause

"What is so special about this Ax than my other one" to Dorian. Skad has it near his body. "I dont get it and when I swing it nothing seems to be different" I have been looking at this thing for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:35 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
Lol, fine, I'll give the ax a look over :P

Dorian looks the weapon over once, getting a good feel for its weight and shape, then begins to examine the components to see if it is a vibro axe or any other kind of force axe.

Quote:
Knowledge (tech) 11+16=27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Skad

Dorian
The axe is made of durasteel overlapping blades on either side of the handle, making an extremely deadly weapon. It is a non-powered weapon that has silvery gold colored ceremonial detail bonded to the blade and handle.
Quote:
Ceremonial Axe: Simple Weapon, 1d12+5/special damage, 10kg, Slashing, Rare, ? credits.

[edit]
Here is a picture of a Vibro-ax for comparison:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor rolls her eyes as she follows Dorian.

"I'll get on it. I need to figure how to get back to the balcony. We don't have total access to the palace so we'll have to figure something out. Don't worry about the munitions. If we need more ammo I can go to the dinning area and pick up some basic kitchen supplies and we'll be good to go."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm 

Quote:
Here's my Perception check for observing everyone in the dining hall. 10+9 = 19
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3309705/
I am mostly taking note of any bodyguards and/or bounty hunters. Trying to see what they are equipped with, their basic movements, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad looks at Elanor....."Hmmmmm Wait"

Skad"Elanor before you go anywhere can you look over my Ax see if there are any upgrades you could do to it. I have never had an Ax that is non powered........."

"Elanor can you also get me a few grenades(soft tone)......" Skad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Speaking to the whole group Nuuhatyc says "While you were keeping darga occupied, I did some checking around here. I accessed a top air duct by climbing up 15 feet to get to it. It was a difficult climb, but I did manage to get into the duct. I noticed that there is a laser sensor net protecting access down the duct, meaning that there must be access to a area of the palace that Darga doesn't want anyone to find. I will need help to disable it though. I am not the best computer technician and we will need a security kit also. The odds of getting a security kit through the black market here will likely tip Darga off to our intentions. Add on to that, no one else here is as good a climber as myself, meaning I'd really have study how to disable the sensor net effectively without setting it off."

"I was also able to find a highly guarded entrance with no visible security measures except the two huge alert guards outside. I was able to avoid detection and with a few hours I could observe who in the palace has access to the room. It might be possible for me to gain access to this place. I will attempt to analyze the security on this entrance tommarow with more time to put a plan together. I was able to do this all without getting any unwanted attention, so we are so far safe. I thank everyone for the distraction today. Avran proved to be a great help in conveying a convincing cover story for myself. It is my guess that when the Imperial representative arrives, they will discuss the information we seek in that guarded room I mentioned earlier. So far we can either access it throught the ducts or by bypassing the security guards without drawing attention. I think the latter might be easeir to do for myself. I am after all, proficient in doing these things. As Elanor and Avran already know, I am not a human. I am a Clawdite." Shapeshifting his features to that off the Neimodian Advisor seen earlier in Darga's presence, and then shafeshifting back to the former human appearance Nuuhatyc continues. "As you can see, my natural abilites can come in handy for this mission. I do however implore you all to not let anyone know I am a shapeshifter. The Imperials have a large bounty on any clawdites, and I'd really prefer not killing anyone to save my own life, but I will if I need to. I want to pay back the imperials for what they have done to my people and to find a way to rescue my people from the tyrany of the Zolanders. This mission will set in motion the demise of the Empire's control and thus make that task easeir, so this is important to me to have this mission carried out succesfully. That being said, lets hammer out a detailed plan of what we will all do when the Imperial representative arrives."

Sitting back down, Nuuhatyc listens to everyone else's input. Well, I hope that this doesn't cause me more trouble in the future, but for now everyone seems trustworthy to reveal my real identity to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next