logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 am
Posts: 532
Location: Eugene Oregon
Got my invite today was pretty stoked, only had about an hour and had to que in for 15 of it but character is created and registered with the guild.

_________________
Text Based RP @ The Galactic War Site


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:45 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

Huma (lvl 15 Jedi Knight Guardian)

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:07 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

Huma (lvl 15 Jedi Knight Guardian)



That character does not show at all...

My character is Cel...btw.

It's easier for 15 people to remember that name to whisper fo invite rather than the other way around

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 am
Posts: 161
Location: Denver, CO
My wife surprised me and preordered the game last night. i put in the code to make sure i'd get my special crystal and maybe get to play early by a day or two...i got an email today that i can start my early access. Ill be on tonight for sure. So glad i have the 22nd thru the 2nd off from work (alot of late nights playing this game for sure.

_________________
"I am but a leaf blown by the winds of the Force. I trust my purpose in being anywhere will eventually be revealed to me."
―Zao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.


Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.




Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.


For Knights, it's really simple to craft. You should be at the point in the story where you get Kira as a guest, use her to complete everything else and avoid advancing the story while your astromech crafts. I'm up to 100 in all my skills. Once everything is complete then finish the story...I think you get her anyway. I've even ran the Esseles and the HAmmer with her...

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.


For Knights, it's really simple to craft. You should be at the point in the story where you get Kira as a guest, use her to complete everything else and avoid advancing the story while your astromech crafts. I'm up to 100 in all my skills. Once everything is complete then finish the story...I think you get her anyway. I've even ran the Esseles and the HAmmer with her...

Okay, that's good to know, but I don't even know on a basic level how crafting works. For example, I don't know how to get my skills to 100. I basically need a Crafting How-To Guide or something.

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:10 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Waterloo, ON
get raw materials from gathering, or the galactic trade market. use them to craft things. get new schematics by reverse engineering items.

_________________
Winner of the Knights of the SWMGamers Stats Contest
<Joruus (GFC)> - Sheesh, I swear you're like Fool 2.0 (and you can quote me on it xD)
Archives of the Gamers Jedi
Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
:D :D :D :D Kind of hard to tell if I am the highest level character in the guild, when Trevor's character isn't in the guild!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Waterloo, ON
Thought this might be useful for those getting to the skills stage:

Image

_________________
Winner of the Knights of the SWMGamers Stats Contest
<Joruus (GFC)> - Sheesh, I swear you're like Fool 2.0 (and you can quote me on it xD)
Archives of the Gamers Jedi
Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:26 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 588
Location: Greenfield,In
Ruhk wrote:
Thought this might be useful for those getting to the skills stage:

Image


that is awsome Ruhk did you make it yourself

_________________
When Life Gives you Lemons........... Squirt everyone Else in the eyes and steal their fruit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 588
Location: Greenfield,In
oh and Dashunt is me

_________________
When Life Gives you Lemons........... Squirt everyone Else in the eyes and steal their fruit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 am
Posts: 532
Location: Eugene Oregon
So my time is pretty limited to play, which is why I have only made it to level 9 so far, would it be best to go with slicing so I do not have to spend time crafting, or is the benfit out way the time?

_________________
Text Based RP @ The Galactic War Site


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Azavander wrote:
So my time is pretty limited to play, which is why I have only made it to level 9 so far, would it be best to go with slicing so I do not have to spend time crafting, or is the benfit out way the time?



There is virtually no time to crafting, you send out your secondary companion while you an the other one go quest. While you only have one companion send him out while you are grouped in Flashpoints such as Esseles or HAmmer.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:25 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 265
so, I have made my finial decsion on my interaction with this game. I'll wait for a trial of some sort and play that and if I like it enough I may go with it depeding on money.

EDIT: oddly enough when i searched on google for info regarding a trial and it gave me some threads at the SWTOR forums, I got No Thread specified.

_________________
STOP IT! STOP IT! CAN'T YOU SEE THIS CONSTANT FIGHTING IS TEARING US ALL APART?-Carl

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
Should've tried for the Beta weekend. That's what sold me on the game.

The question is, do I try to make it to Meijer to pick up the game at midnight?

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
Just so I'm clear tonight, that I should have my Empire characters on Kaas City and the Republic characters on Jedi Covenant?

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 121
Forgot to mention I'm doing Synthweaving too.
Just wish I could get something useful from reverse engineering...

_________________
Image
Image Image

ImageImage

"Slowly digesting the competition, one game at a time...belch"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield