logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
I'm pretty late posting this and have pretty much done word of mouth. This is for all those that were planning on going to MGM and have a schedule that can't change to accomodate Coolection. I don't have a fancy name. :D

I wanted to do something Friday night but it's a small town, and while there is plenty of gaming space down in my basement, until its finished I think it'll be too cold. Still, there will be casual gaming (of any form) at my place Friday night for those of you that want to come down.

0823 E 500 S
La Porte, IN



Where: 904 Indiana Avenue La Porte Indiana
When: Nov 12 930am-500pm

930 -1230 500 Point Epic
Maps: Mass Transit III, Remote Listening Post, Commercial Spaceport, Sinkhole and Outlaw City :D

Normal Faction Rules Apply
16 character limit including reinforcements
3 Commander Effects, characters who gain a CE prior to the first init roll of the game count as a Commander.
Soresu Style Mastery will be in full effect (per card, not glossary or SWMPGA rules)
1 Epic per squad
15 points for gambit.

130-500
Royal Rumble
Epic Duos

Prize Support: Maps of Mastery Maps

Fee: 5$

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:29 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 8394
It can also be for people who want to do both. Doesn't have to be either/or. :)

_________________
Click here to check out all the people who have realized the truth. Someday you will, too.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:20 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
It can also be for people who want to do both. Doesn't have to be either/or. :)



Lol, true, but I probably wouldn't have had it except for those that needed the specific date.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
bump

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I definitely won't be able to make it as Cincy is doing the annual Horrorhound horror convention. I do wish everyone who participates in this tourney the best ^_^


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Bump for Kokomo

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:56 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3201
I plan on being there. Almost wish I could go to PA and throwdown with Echanis at their Epic event, but I think your 3 commander limit is much more balanced.

I think Will is also thinking of coming, but not sure.

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3201
Brad to clarify a couple of rules

Yammosk counts as commander?
Does Tactician/master tactician/tactics broker work?

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
urbanjedi wrote:
Brad to clarify a couple of rules

Yammosk counts as commander?
Does Tactician/master tactician/tactics broker work?



I would have thought that it was clearly specifying only the Yammosk, War Coordinator is the only one I can think of with that type of CE grab.

If you want to play 16 acts and MTB...go ahead.

MT will be readily available in this format so I see no reason to restrict it.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3201
Just want to make sure before I come up with some crazy build only to be denied lol. This 3 commander thing is really making me (err I mean Laura) work hard to come up with a squad.

7 or 8 commander would be so much easier (and so much more broken) :fight:

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:41 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
urbanjedi wrote:
Just want to make sure before I come up with some crazy build only to be denied lol. This 3 commander thing is really making me (err I mean Laura) work hard to come up with a squad.

7 or 8 commander would be so much easier (and so much more broken) :fight:



Well, I copied it as closely as I understood it from Dennis' concept. Remember I have a ranking system going up in January and thus I can start making certain formats legal. I needed to stay as true as possible to the original and balanced concept as possible as well as the one that is most likely to be played.

It's the major reason I discounted the Bastila/MAs counting as Commanders but still having more than three commanders in a squad from MGM. Without a solid SA or FP that was counting as a CE for that purpose it became too convoluted and muddled.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:45 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 773
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
I hope to make it Brad, whether anyone else (other than Brian) from our area can bother to come I cannot say.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
Bump, next weekend!

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:49 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
I have the time off work, and I have no car. (Still can't believe it was stolen)

Is anyone from Chicago (or Wisconsin for that matter) going?

I can totally pitch in gas money. It's just going to be a tough stretch to rent a car by myself.

Deri and Jake can't go. :(


Otherwise - brainstorming - any thoughts on alternate modes of transportation? Is there a train I could take to where someone could pick me up nearby?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:00 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 773
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Did you have insurance? If so, they should pay for your rental.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:14 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
TimmerB123 wrote:
I have the time off work, and I have no car. (Still can't believe it was stolen)

Is anyone from Chicago (or Wisconsin for that matter) going?

I can totally pitch in gas money. It's just going to be a tough stretch to rent a car by myself.

Deri and Jake can't go. :(


Otherwise - brainstorming - any thoughts on alternate modes of transportation? Is there a train I could take to where someone could pick me up nearby?



Absolutely. If you can get down to the train station by the Mirrored Bean, you can get on the South Shore. Just tell the ticket agent on the train you want to get off at the station in Michigan City. There are like 2-3 stops there I think, so he'll help you out.

We take it all the time during the holiday season to get up to Chicago. Sorry I don't know the names of each station, I just tend to follow those who already know their way. It's like 7 dollars one way? and is only a two hour trip. So not much different than driving some days.

As you're getting to Michigan City give me a call (again you'll have to ask when you're about 15 minutes out) and we can be there waiting. The station isn't close at all to the Interstate so I don't want to try to coordinate it as the same time Eric and Jason come in, because they probably couldn't find it with my directions anyway...lol

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:58 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
WacoBlaze wrote:
Did you have insurance? If so, they should pay for your rental.


I only had liability insurance, as my car was only worth about $3000, it would have made no sense to have full coverage.

It would have been nice to get the perks for full coverage when it was stolen, but I would have paid for the car 10 times over through spending the extra money over the years I had the car.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:25 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
also more rules clarification on the Epic -

Can you have a character with reserves that may bring you over the 16 figure limit?

Can you have more than 3 commanders, and simply nullify the extra commanders' CEs?

It says 3 commander EFFECTS. Does that mean Thrawn counts as 2?

There was some talk of Mas counting as a commander. What's the ruling?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
TimmerB123 wrote:
also more rules clarification on the Epic -

Can you have a character with reserves that may bring you over the 16 figure limit?

Yes

TimmerB123 wrote:
Can you have more than 3 commanders, and simply nullify the extra commanders' CEs?


There's a little bit of back and forth on this. I think the answer I favor for the floor rules is no.

Character's whose CE's are optional, such as the Yammosk and characters with Force Valor, may be a part of your squad. By doing so, you've pretty much made your option of not using them.

TimmerB123 wrote:
It says 3 commander EFFECTS. Does that mean Thrawn counts as 2?


No. Miswording on Dennis' part, I simply copy and pasted.... :D

TimmerB123 wrote:
There was some talk of Mas counting as a commander. What's the ruling?



That was a bizarre change on MGM's part, one that was never fully clarified and something I found confusing when factored in with the more than three Commanders who don't use their CE thing.

Mas does not have a CE, nor an option for one. Same with Bastila, they are followers.

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Thank you. All of these are rulings are clear cut, so I am happy with all of them.

Is there a time limit?

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
also more rules clarification on the Epic -

Can you have a character with reserves that may bring you over the 16 figure limit?

Yes

TimmerB123 wrote:
Can you have more than 3 commanders, and simply nullify the extra commanders' CEs?


There's a little bit of back and forth on this. I think the answer I favor for the floor rules is no.

Character's whose CE's are optional, such as the Yammosk and characters with Force Valor, may be a part of your squad. By doing so, you've pretty much made your option of not using them.

TimmerB123 wrote:
It says 3 commander EFFECTS. Does that mean Thrawn counts as 2?


No. Miswording on Dennis' part, I simply copy and pasted.... :D

TimmerB123 wrote:
There was some talk of Mas counting as a commander. What's the ruling?



That was a bizarre change on MGM's part, one that was never fully clarified and something I found confusing when factored in with the more than three Commanders who don't use their CE thing.

Mas does not have a CE, nor an option for one. Same with Bastila, they are followers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield