logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: M.G.M. - Miniatures Gaming Mayhem, St. Louis Nov 12-13, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

gunther wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
gunther wrote:
Oh and Brad nom is a bad idea in this format lol.

No, he's not. He's the perfect counter to one of the best squads out there for this format.

I will have to look into that.

Never mind that comment. I keep forgetting that we've refused, for 3-4 years now, to put stealth on any vong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Refused? No I don't think so. *coughWorkercough*

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:32 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, I announced this on the SHNN last night, and apologize for the lack of complete information, but I will address everything.

The plans for MGM are as follows:
Friday night, for anyone who arrives early, will be spent just hanging out and playing some format called the Royal Rumble! Rules Located Here
Saturday, we will be having a three tier event. It will have a 150 pt and a 200 pt regular constructed event, plus one other, which will be announced next week.
Sunday, we will play the Epic Skirmish with revised rules-set.

Once again, I apologize for not having total information, but Matt Spry was supposed to get in touch with the store owners recently, but his car blowing up on the way home a few weeks ago kind of put things behind. Regardless, everything is still going to happen, and it will be a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The Yammosk is considered a commander because of his ability to copy other CE's. You don't have to choose to use him as a commander though. It's one of the whole you choose your 3 commander ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:58 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

spryguy1981 wrote:
The Yammosk is considered a commander because of his ability to copy other CE's. You don't have to choose to use him as a commander though. It's one of the whole you choose your 3 commander ideas.

Well, then Mas should not be considered a Commander, because it's obvious he is being chosen for Booming Voice.

If it's Booming Voice for Mas it must be War Coordinator for Yammosk.

Otherwise I am choosing Lah, Lah, Choka and getting it "boomed".

I'm just having a real problem with things without CE's counting as Commanders but you can still have more than three CE's in your squad and choose not to use them.

It must be clear why(What ability, force power) each character is being counted as a commander. Why would an OR squad EVER chose Bastila as a CE if they can still use ABM...why would I choose Mas as a commander if I can still use Booming Voice....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

TimmerB123 wrote:
I'd like to see all the "try to make this"'s start consolidating some plans. I really want to make this but am going to need a freaking convoy to afford it :D lol

I'd like to try and make this, but my car was stolen last month, so I am at the mercy of other people's schedules. I am in no place right now to even have a clue if I can make it. I CAN however, say I would *like* to go.

Hey Tim,

FWIW, there is Amtrak service from Chicago to St. Louis--it would obviously be more expensive than carpooling from Chicago, but I am more than happy to pick you up and drop you off at the station in St. Louis if you would like.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

spryguy1981 wrote:

Well, then Mas should not be considered a Commander, because it's obvious he is being chosen for Booming Voice.

If it's Booming Voice for Mas it must be War Coordinator for Yammosk.

Otherwise I am choosing Lah, Lah, Choka and getting it "boomed".

I'm just having a real problem with things without CE's counting as Commanders but you can still have more than three CE's in your squad and choose not to use them.

Why are they counted as commanders anyway when they have no CEs? It just serves to make things more confusing. Do you think it will make vong/republic/empire teams broken? Has there really has been any playtesting this? The more special rules you add that differ from the way things normally run just causes problems in my opinion.

It must be clear why(What ability, force power) each character is being counted as a commander. Why would an OR squad EVER chose Bastila as a CE if they can still use ABM...why would I choose Mas as a commander if I can still use Booming Voice....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

buttcabbge wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
I'd like to see all the "try to make this"'s start consolidating some plans. I really want to make this but am going to need a freaking convoy to afford it :D lol

I'd like to try and make this, but my car was stolen last month, so I am at the mercy of other people's schedules. I am in no place right now to even have a clue if I can make it. I CAN however, say I would *like* to go.

Hey Tim,

FWIW, there is Amtrak service from Chicago to St. Louis--it would obviously be more expensive than carpooling from Chicago, but I am more than happy to pick you up and drop you off at the station in St. Louis if you would like.

That's a great offer, thank you. I still have to see if I can even get off work for that weekend - but I'll let you know as soon as I do if I can make this happen.

Post subject: Re: M.G.M. - Miniatures Gaming Mayhem-- EVENT CANCELED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I am very sorry to announce that due to many different and uncontrollable circumstances, we have had to cancel MGM. If enough people are interested, we could do something in January, but next month cannot happen. I appreciate everyone's support up until now, and please let me know if January will work for you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

dvader831 wrote:
I am very sorry to announce that due to many different and uncontrollable circumstances, we have had to cancel MGM. If enough people are interested, we could do something in January, but next month cannot happen. I appreciate everyone's support up until now, and please let me know if January will work for you.

Dislike...

Maybe I can schedule a La Porte one in that amount of time...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Well that's too bad--I was definitely looking forward to it. As far as January goes, earlier in the month is likely to be better for me than later in month.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sorry to hear this, but it was looking rather doubtful for me to make it, so maybe January will be better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

That is a bummer. Was really looking forward to this and was finalizing plans to get it off from work, etc. Good thing I didn't get a hotel room or anything yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Crap! I just put in the request at work. Man, shoot!

Brad - let me know if you get something together in IN for the same weekend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

In light of this announcement, Jason Alvey and I have worked it out - really he worked it out and told me I could have the honor announcing it - Coolecticon 2011 for Saturday, Nov. 19.

We will have more details soon.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
In light of this announcement, Jason Alvey and I have worked it out - really he worked it out and told me I could have the honor announcing it - Coolecticon 2011 for Saturday, Nov. 19.

We will have more details soon.

Umm....wow....thanks :(

That's not the least bit irritating...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Well we canceled our event so that we were not in competition with the Virginia event or Rays event. So Dennis asked if we could go through with it now and we can. Sorry if you were slighted in some way. I didnt know you were planning something when he asked me to arrange it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nor did I know you were working on anything.

And to be honest, this would be the third annual Coolecticon, and it has always been at this time of year, so really we have more right to find the announcement of competing tournaments in Virginia and St. Louis frustrating because we knew it would negatively impact turnout for our event if we held it.

And yet we took it all in stride and just quietly cancelled the event. :)

So really I don't see how you have the right to be annoyed with us for rescheduling an established event, even if we had known what you were up to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:15 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

dvader831 wrote:

Dislike...

I can schedule a La Porte one in that amount of time...

Touche nonetheless...

But I do have every right to be irritated initially and to express that. I can also be adult enough to come to the same conclusion that you condescendingly explained ot me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I'm probably going to keep it scheduled anyway. Too many people had already planned for MGM and need it to be the same weekend.

I typically hate conflicting tournaments like that too and initially had planned to cancel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next