logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian lets out a laugh. "A mandalorian pacifist, will wonders never cease?" He looks at the self proclaimed mandalorian and snickers again. "Well, at least we don't have to worry about you going all crazy and blowing our cover now, do we? What a lovely group we have here, eh captain? A non combative mando, a..." he pauses for a second. "whatever the hell you are skad, a fish who wants to heal us, and three humans the others seem nervous of. Should we start killing each other now, or should we wait till we are on an imperial world?" Dorian shrugs his shoulders and laughs some more.

After a moment he regains his composure and looks around the room. "I suppose I can deal with this. Skad, if you can hold it together I think we can kill many Imperials. The rest of you, lets just try to keep alive long enough to get paid."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:46 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

"Spoils of war and money? Sounds like my kind of work." She responds in a rather nonchalant tone. Even though Elanor’s demeanor was quite calm, her eyes betrayed her. They were glistening with happiness.

Grenade launcher? Check. Blaster rifle? Check. Remote mine in case someone in the group becomes a nuisance? Check.

Elanor giggles quietly to herself. She is absolutely ecstatic about the possibility of being able to see her pyrotechnics at work once more. The noise, light, smoke, and the magnetic charm of fire delighted Elanor’s soul in every way.

As Dorian described the misfits in the auditorium, Elanor quickly observed each person in the group.

Hm... I might need get more remote mines...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

After taking some time soaking in the scene that has developed before him, Cander directs his attention to the former Admiral and asks,

"Sir, in gathering intel of the Hutt's involvement with the Sarlaac Project, are we to engage any targets of oportunity? Say if we discover a materials shipment to project Sarlaac, are we to attempt a raid on said shipment or are we to pass that information along? Also, if we are to give reports, I am guessing there will be a contact, or series of contacts that you'd wish us to use. Is there a data pad with the mission details that will be given for our review?"

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:48 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad Thinks

What did skad get himself into? This looks more and more like a trap. Guess Skad will just have to watch his back.

"Everyone so we are going to do a job without knowing the numbers doesnt this seem a little odd to anyone else?"
"How do we know their word is any good? For all know we get the job done and we get nothing" "Contacts,Goods and money sound all good but Skad wants to know a little more before he goes anywhere." "Anyone else with me that this whole thing seems a bit odd?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"Captain Okeefe will keep in contact with us giving periodic updates. She will be stationed aboard her vessel doing maintenance at the local space port. Pass vital information to her. The indirect contact should allow you to maintain your cover during the mission. Most of the time you will have to use your best judgment," says Varth. "If you would like a datapad with the little information that I have, shared one can be provided but if found it may be a hindrance to you."

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:18 pm 

Cander gives some thought and adds, "Admiral, was there a scheduled routine that was noticed involving the exchanging of materials between the Hutt and Imperial Navy personnel? I'm trying to find if there's evidence showing a predictable timetable of when and where a drop-off will occur."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"While we are at it" Dorian interludes, "Is there a ship provided for us? I would simply ask transport, however, having our own vessel would go a long way in showing the hutt that we have the means to do business with him. Also, do we know what the hutt deals in? Having something to barter with would be invaluable." He gives a slight smirk and looks at skad, "Or are we to get the information out of him through more violent means?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad "Violent Means" "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:30 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"Captain Verana will be providing you transportation to and from the planet as well as acting as your contact. She is the owner of a Baudo-class Star Yacht. I think that should provide the... bravo you are looking for," says Varth, "when dealing with the Hutt." Thinking for a moment, apparently trying to recall any additional information, "Very little is currently known about Darga, besides he is involved in the Sarlacc Project. He was last seen in the Cato Neimoidian city of Zarra. His family ties and the enemies that my be gained from causing him physical harm are unknown. Because of the tremendous power the Hutts wield I would avoid doing so."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"Alright," Dorian stands up. "Zarra it is. When do we leave?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad Stands up
IN Houk
ARRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE AwWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Quote:
Move action get his ax out
rises it up in the air

Skad says"How about now?"(loud and rude tone)

Quote:
Move action to put it away his ax out

IN Houk
ARRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE AwWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Skad to Dorian "this still feels like a trap" shakes his head back and forth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor rises from her seat and stands by her husband. "Let's get going, time is money."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Gilder Varth concludes the meeting, "If there are not further questions you are dismissed." From the meeting and especially the closing you can tell that he is having trouble adjusting to his new life outside the military.

After Varth leaves the figure that was sitting to the back and did not introduce them self stands. She is a beautiful middle-aged woman. She say "I am Captain Oeefe. Y'all are with me, this way" and walks out of the room not waiting for a reply or to see if anyone follows her.

As you enter the hanger you see a well kept Baudo-class Star Yacht with an RX pilot droid scarring around making preparations for departure. The Captain heads strait for the boarding ramp and as she enter the luxury vessel she stops and turns to speak with the creatures that have been following her, "Pick any of the guest rooms, we will be departing as soon as pre flight checks are finished." She turns and continues up the ramp, then comes to an abrupt stop. Turning back to the group, "Oh, and if you break any thin' you bought it." She then disappears onto the ship.

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
That isn't a lot to go off of...but I'll bite

Follows captain lady to her ship, picks a room.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am 

After taking a quick walk through of the ship and choosing his room, Cander says to the Captain, "I'll need some time bringing my belongings onboard. It will only take a couple of hours." Once his conversation is over, he heads back to his quarters to make preparations for the mission.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:32 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor obediently follows her husband to their quarters. She unloads their luggage and makes the room a little bit more cozy. She removes two picture frames from the front pocket of her suitcase and places them on top of the nearest dresser. She then shoves their clothing into the drawers. As soon as she finished "decorating" the room, she wipes her hands and sighs,"All done."

The room didn't look much different from before but her belongings were scattered in a disarray. Elanor glances to the top of the dresser and looks at the first picture. The picture was tattered and a little bit burnt but the image was visible for the most part. It was an older photo and it's age definitely showed. Elanor was only a little girl. She was holding a rocket launcher with a big smile on her face. Surrounding her was a group of rugged men dressed in military uniforms. Elanor observes their faces with great detail. It was hard to tell but she smiled at their grim faces. Elanor looks over to the next picture frame. It was a picture of her and her husband vacationing in Zeltron. She shakes her head at the memory.

Elanor places a small kiss on her husbands cheek and heads out the door.

I wonder what kind of shape this ship is in.

Elanor's mouth flutters with incoherent criticism as she trys to find the engine room. She begins to examine the drives and other electronics to assess their state.

Quote:
Mechanics check, I can take 10 right?

Last edited by sweeteyes55 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nuhaatyc follows the female captain aboard the ship. What is with the accent. Is she from Dantooine?

After getting on board, Nuhaatyc picks out a room and puts his few belongings into the drawers. He then dives onto his bed and quickly try's to get some sleep. He is awakend however to the constant cursing of Elanor over seemingly trivial matters. No rest for the weary i guess. Unable to get any sleep, he decides to meet the captain face to face and gather some idea of what the plan is upon arriveing at Cato Neimodia. Clearing his throat he says the the captin "Excuse me Captain, my name is Nuhaatyc. What is our plan of action upon reaching Cato Neimodia? Do we also have access to the layout of Darga's stronghold in Zarra?"

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad heads to the ship and finds his room. He closes the door and starts to move things around.........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:56 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Avran follows the lady to her ship. I certainly hope this ship is equipped with a medical lab, I think that this crew will need it. Avran thinks to himself. After finding a room, he puts all of his belongings away and meditates on the activities of today and what impact those choices may have in the future
Quote:
Avran sits upright on the bed in meditation (force trance).

Last edited by spacemanspiff on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:59 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
Sorry for where I stopped, RL did not allow me to get back to finish.

All
As you are settling in the RX droid enters the ship. As he passes by you hear him 'mumbling' to him self about how he does all the work and never gets any respect, and that he is allays the one that has to do the external take off preparations, and on and on. As you walk about the vessel you realize how much of luxury yacht it is. Everything in the ship is the highest quality, silk sheets on the queen size beds, each room as a large screen entertainment interface, the autochef is programed with exceptional food choices, etc. This is the type of ship a wealth noble, governor, or senator might use. (Think four star hotel.) Ship layout: Forward, Aft

Cander
The Captain is in the cockpit getting clearances and calculating the hyperspace route. When you enter the room she looks up with a smile, "What can I do fer ya?" After you explain she looks at the computer for a moment then says, "that shouldn't be a problem, I have some thing that I can take care of before we depart."

Elanor
You wonder around the ship a little looking for the engine room. You locate the common room in the aft starboard of the vessel and and a small swimming pool/hot tub on the aft port side. In between are two more guest rooms.
Quote:
You can use Knowledge (technology) or Mechanics, and yes you can take 10. So, Mechanics +9, take 10 = 19.

The ship is in good working order from what you can see. Even though you are not familiar with this specific ships layout you can tell that it has been personalized...

Nuhaatyc
Quote:
Elanor did not locate the engine room, please edit your post.

Skad
The Captain assigns you the room across the hall from hers. As you enter you see two rows of drawers built into the wall, and on your right two bunks (also permanently fixed in there location). After seeing the quality of the rest of the ship you realize that you are in crew quarters.

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next