logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A request for a couple of minis.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hey guys,

First let me just say that I have really been loving the Vsets so far with your attention to detail and creating mini versions of characters who were totally overlooked by WoTC.
I have also been so excited that Star Wars minis has done what no one, since the original 3 films, has done, which is to highlight the absolute importance and indispensability of the greatest unsung heroes of the Star Wars universe; Mouse Droids.

These little guys are the core of all that is Star Wars, and without them, the universe we all know and love would have collapsed. It really warms my heart to see pretty much every squad has at least 1 of these guys, and some have as many as 20.
And yet, despite their undisputed importance and centrality to the Star Wars world, all we have to represent them is the one mini, and their good friend Gha Nachkt (who, while not in the original trilogy on screen, has a presence that I think can be clearly felt throughout the series).

This must be rectified! So, in the vein of bringing overlooked (but absolutely critical) characters to the minis game, I would like to submit two of (what I consider to be) the most important characters from the movies who have some how been completely overlooked up till now.

First, we must have the ever important Mouse Droid Herder. (Seen here: Image )
These guys helped guide the young Mouselings (the proper name for Mouse Droids under the age of 15) and teach them the subtle arts of multiple simultaneous communication relays, covert message dissemination, and running from big scary things.
Their kind manner and soothing round shape help to temper the otherwise precocious and capricious natures, and even after the Mouselings grow up, they still are very fond of the Mouse Droid Herders.

I was thinking something like this:
Mouse Droid Herder
Fringe
Cost: 15
HP: 70 (cause they are big and fat)
DEF: 15 (cause big and fat can’t hide well)
ATK: 5 (they protect the Mouselings so they have to be able to attack)
DMG: 10 (they don’t hit hard ‘cause protection is their second prime directive)

Commander Effect: At the end of this characters turn, All Mouse Droids within 6 immediately move to surround the Mouse Droid Herder. This does not count as an activation for the Mouse Droids.
(This ability shows the deep love that all Mouse Droids have for Herders and would also be a great way to block passages from a gameplay perspective.)

But lest we forget, life is hard and so we must show the darker side of life with the second key character to introduce, the Mouse Droid Execution Squad. (seen here: Image , note the mouse droids lined up along the wall, waiting their doom)

As mentioned earlier, Mouse Droids are a bit capricious at times, and left unchecked, their jocund frivolity can turn to sedition, perfidy, and insurrection.
To quell the rebellious amongst the Mouse Droid populous, the Galactic Imperium established the Mouse Droid Execution Squad to hunt down and eliminate the traitorous throughout the galaxy.

Here is what I think they would look like:
Mouse Droid Executioner
Imperial
Cost: 15
HP: 30
DEF: 17
ATK: 8
DMG: 10

Abilities:
Triple Attack (you have to be able to shoot fast if you are hunting mutinous Mouse Droids)
Stealth (sneaking up on a Mouse Droid is the only way to over hear any of their seditious talk)
Mouse Droid Hunter +6 (+6 attack against non-unique droids) ((This gives them +14 against Mouse Droids which means they need a 6 or better to hit and with triple attack that means they could roll 666 to kill the mice, which shows how evil they are))
Quell the Insubordinate! Replaces Attacks: All enemy Mouse Droids within 6 squares must immediately move to the nearest wall and line up. The Mouse Droid Executioner then makes one attack against each of them.

The Empire was notorious for its unwillingness to reason with Mouse Droids and instead to harshly crush any rebellion, real or implied. It is a little know fact that the wanton cruelty of the Empire in dealing with our little friends is actually the straw that broke the camels back (so to speak) and started the rebellion that would ultimately overthrow the cruel Emperor, and usher in a new era of peace and prosperity for the noble Mouse Droids.

Thank you for your consideration,

Last edited by whitewolfjm on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A request for a couple of minis.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:34 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Lol amusing read and interesting idea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Raylinthegreat wrote:
Lol amusing read and interesting idea

Glad you enjoyed it. I was in a goofy mood and since the ubiquitous nature of the Mouse Droid in this game bugs me, I thought I would make a silly and sarcastic post about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

It was a fun read, sure made my day :D

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

:lol: good stuff! hehe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Ohhh, maybe something like:

Red Knight of Life Acolyte
Fringe, Medium Base
Cost 8

HP: 20
Def: 12
Att: +6
Dam: 0

SA
Accurate Shot
Sniper
Bully (This character gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against opponents with a smaller base size)
Droid Hunter

tee hee

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:24 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Haha that's pretty good. I have no idea how you thought up that 666 thing but it was clever
My mind is all: :DSBoom: