logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Are you sick of huge sets
Total votes : 0

Post subject: Who is sick of huge sets??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Ok I for one am sick of huge sets I can get 3 regular size packs for the price of 2 huge packs. I would be ok with it if the huges they made were actually useful and not your TIE Crawler, Telos Tank Droid, Junk Golem figs. I mean seriously!! I want no more huge sets!! Ok rant over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:45 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I don't like them at all. there are only two i use out of what we have so far. Even then not often.
The new rancor looks grate but i will never use it in a mins game. :( i have the other rancor but have never used it.
However there is a call for them so i guess we will just have to live with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:57 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I loved Universe, but Bounty Hunters and The Force Unleashed was a letdown. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:47 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

They really need to release a small booster version of the huge packs, it just costs to much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:01 pm 
General
General

IMO, Force Unleashed did not deserve to be a Huge set. Most of the Huges feel like filler. Knobby Spider, what the hell? Of the Huges we got, I think the only ones we really needed were:

Golan
Rebel Troop Cart (sucky figure, but it's a fairly visible OT thing)

Wookiee Hunter AT-ST, Felucian on Rancor and TIE Crawler are all kinda borderline, the rest really were not needed.

After Bounty Hunters I struggled to come up with a list of 10 more potential Huges we'd be likely to ever see to warrant another Huge set. Of those, Jawa on Ronto and Luke's Landspeeder got squished to large for A&E, we already knew we were getting Luke's Snowspeeder, and the Golan Turret is about the only one from the list we got as a Huge.

So now that we've had another Huge set, I'll ask again: ARE THERE 10 more figures we'd actually want to see as Huges? My list of what I would actually want to see:

AAT (YES, this can be squeezed down to Huge)
AT-PT (should probably be brought out as a Large though)
T-16 Skyhopper
Cloud Car (if we can get a Snowspeeder, we can get these 2. And heck, we just got a Cloud Car Pilot)
Republic Hovertank (this is 2 Huge sets now I was sure we'd see this thing, what the...?)
Republic Pod Walker (again, this coud maybe be brought down to Huge...)

Is there anything else that REALLY deserves to be made to warrant another Huge set?

I really do hate the price point on the Huge boosters, but I do like the Huges themselves (even if they don't really see play). I may like them, but I always do feel a little ripped off after buying a Huge booster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:41 pm 

They are awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:28 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

There was no middle ground, so I voted for hate it, given the frequency we're getting huge sets. If they did one every two years, it would be a different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:41 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I voted I hate them. Although I realize that scale is a big thing in Star Wars and I thought they were necessary because of this I believe Wizards' choices and designs have resulted in many lame useless figures that nobody wants and nobody uses. The extra cost for the boosters that include the huges nobody wants and nobody uses is ridiculous.

If they never made another Huge set again, I would be very happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Wedge772 wrote:
I really do hate the price point on the Huge boosters, but I do like the Huges themselves (even if they don't really see play). I may like them, but I always do feel a little ripped off after buying a Huge booster.

Pretty much how I feel. I like the Huge stuff, but don't like the boost in price they mean for a booster. I'd be happy if they kept all the sets as small sets, but evey once in a while release some themed set like Battle of Hoth with most, if not all, the pieces in it new huges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:47 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the worst part about the new lacklustre assortment of Huge! One of the two super hard to pull VR's is a straight up repaint of a fairly easily attainble Uncommon. The Snowspeeders are the exact same mold, as they really should be for consistency but they could have either really stepped it up and gave it fantastic multiple application paint job, or given it a visible interior (don't even pretend it can't be done), or made it an easier to pull Rare.

The real problem with Huge sets is lack of perceived value for buying a booster. If you buy a Huge booster and pull a crap rare and a lame Huge you already have 4 of, it doesn't leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:05 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Even though the huges are cheaper, I still dislike them. The TIE crawler is plain stupid, to say the least. It is WAY to large. I'd rather have a bunch of rares than huges, when it comes to buying cases. If they made some huges for the vong or the sith or old republic ect. then I wouldn't mind a huge set. As is, huges are not great. It's not that great of an idea in the first place, and it's been overplayed. Enough is enough.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:46 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I voted that I like the huge sets, but then again there wasn't an option that said "they are ok" I like huge figs, the only problem with huge sets are how expensive the boosters are, if they just lowered the price then less people would hate the huge sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Dude, I won the release event today on the back of my two huges. the Troop Cart, and the Golan Turret.

I love huge sets. Hate the cost, but I dont play this game because its cheap. Seriously, I am sick of the complaint threads about eveything.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The problem with huges for me is that the pieces don't feel like huges should.

A Snowspeeder is weaker than a guy with a Jet Pack. Seriously. That's stupid.

SWM Huges should be more like DDM, costing upwards of 125-250 points. There's just no reason to play them, not even in scenario play. The Golan Turret is the first piece I have every felt good about for skirmish, and it can't move lol.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:29 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

They're okay. I feel there should be one more, if only for the Cloud Car, Ewok Catapult, and AAT (seriously, the Crawler is a 5x5, it can fit on a huge base). Just some time in between would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:24 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sadly, packaging for Huges also makes up that increase. Look at all that cardboard they use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:32 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

tvknight415 wrote:
There was no middle ground, so I voted for hate it, given the frequency we're getting huge sets. If they did one every two years, it would be a different story.

This is my thought exactly. I think the sculpts are fine, even if the pieces are unuseable. I just don't want a Huge set every three releases.

One every other year would be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:35 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

but how else are they going to support thier family living in a beverly hills mansion with 2 ferraris and a private jet? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 pm 

Strwrs429 wrote:
but how else are they going to support thier family living in a beverly hills mansion with 2 ferraris and a private jet? :roll:

Ill bet you thought that was funny...

Kids...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:00 pm 

So Bill what do u think of the TIE Crawler? BTW I heard u got to play at BFG I'm so jealous.