logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Decoy against multiple attacks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 3519
This came up last Saturday at Dragon*Con. When making multiple attacks with Double/Triple/Extra/etc. (not Twin), you are targeting multiple times, correct? Even if you're shooting at the same character?

The specific case involved Leia Skywalker getting shot at with Double Attack, taking the first one and then Winter swapping in with the second one. Since Decoy can be activated any time Leia is targeted, it can happen between attacks in a Double (or Triple or whatever), correct? That makes sense to me, and there is also the precedent that you have to roll Bombad Gungan for each of these attacks, also.

_________________
"An elegant, easy-to-understand concept or mechanic that accomplishes 95% of what you want is much better than a clunky, obtuse mechanic that gets you 100%" - Rob Daviau

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Decoy against multiple attacks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Echo wrote:
This came up last Saturday at Dragon*Con. When making multiple attacks with Double/Triple/Extra/etc. (not Twin), you are targeting multiple times, correct? Even if you're shooting at the same character?

The specific case involved Leia Skywalker getting shot at with Double Attack, taking the first one and then Winter swapping in with the second one. Since Decoy can be activated any time Leia is targeted, it can happen between attacks in a Double (or Triple or whatever), correct? That makes sense to me, and there is also the precedent that you have to roll Bombad Gungan for each of these attacks, also.


Yes, of course it can. This was actually the question that caused controversy?

To be clear, this is exactly what it was intended to do on her.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Decoy against multiple attacks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 8394
Controversy is too strong of a word. It was my fault for not paying more attention to this piece.

_________________
Click here to check out all the people who have realized the truth. Someday you will, too.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Decoy against multiple attacks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:10 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Controversy is too strong of a word. It was my fault for not paying more attention to this piece.


Ok gotcha. This was one of the reasons she began with only one attack, and originally could not work decoy for that Leia. PT desired it to be changed, so she got some shifts. It works the way I want it to, and it's supposed to be as strong of a combo as Dash/Jagged in the NR.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Decoy against multiple attacks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 6616
Location: Southern IL
billiv15 wrote:
This was one of the reasons she began with only one attack, and originally could not work decoy for that Leia. PT desired it to be changed, so she got some shifts. It works the way I want it to, and it's supposed to be as strong of a combo as Dash/Jagged in the NR.

The PT stats I saw would not have given her Protective for Leia Skywalker, but she could Decoy for her. So on that version, the single attack was very meh.

In the final version, I understood the Decoy ability just as it works, so I was perplexed over what the "issue" was. :lol:

Definitely strong. 8-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield