logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Exar Kun Force Spirit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Trying to wrap my head around interactions. Specifically disruptive and distraction.

So - the dark force spirit cannot receive CE's but Exar Kun Dark Spirit has a CE. Can that CE be disrupted? Can it be distracted?

My thought is that it cannot be distracted, because it cannot count as adjacent, and distraction requires adjacency.

But it can be disrupted, correct?

Also - Dark Spirit vs Dark Spirit. If one has Dark Aura activated (and is in range) and the other has to make a save to see if it is banished - does it now have to make a save of 15?

It's the whole on the board but not really on the board interaction. If I am not mistaken, you always count distance to and from them normally, and it's only "adjacent" that gets trumped.

Just verifying

Post subject: Re: Exar Kun Force Spirit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

The only thing it ignores are CEs, not SA/FA/FP. It can be Disrupted unless that Disruption is being caused by a CE (since it ignores CEs).

It cannot be Distracted since it never counts as being adjacent to anything.

And yes, Dark Spirit vs Dark Spirit would cause someone to have -4 on their rolls.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jedispyder wrote:
The only thing it ignores are CEs, not SA/FA/FP. It can be Disrupted unless that Disruption is not being caused by a CE (since it ignores CEs).

It cannot be Distracted since it never counts as being adjacent to anything.

And yes, Dark Spirit vs Dark Spirit would cause someone to have -4 on their rolls.

Thanks for the quick response. It has raised another question for me - how is this part (below) possible? What is an example?

jedispyder wrote:
The only thing it ignores are CEs, not SA/FA/FP. It can be Disrupted unless that Disruption is not being caused by a CE (since it ignores CEs).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think he just typo'd the word "not" there (even grammar Nazis can make mistakes! lol). If you remove that word it makes sense; if a Disruption-like ability were created by a CE (basically a CE that supresses CEs), Exar would be immune to it. That currently does not exist, but could in the future.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 pm 

I had it right the first time but I switched some things aroudn (originally I mentioned Yoda and Anakin FS) and just missed taking out "not". I did that at work in an update over the weekend and confused a couple of people. There is a limit to the amount of times you can edit and rewrite without making it crappy =o(