logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Official PBP thread for my group
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Let's continue the game here. You guys are all around the table. Still waiting for some people to weigh in.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:03 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

<Sartoris stands to the side, and slightly behind Umrak. His green eyes scan back and forth across the room, taking in every detail, observing everything. Even with three Jedi in the room, his senses are still kept alert. He is dressed in a efficient looking black, combat jumpsuit, with a simple blaster pistol strapped to his leg, and a rather unique vibroblade in a sheath strapped to his left forearm.>

I am Sartoris Karn, and I am Lord Umrak's personal bodyguard. If you have any security concerns while you are here, please let me know immediately.

<There have been no problems as of late, but Sartoris worries that the arrival of Jedi on the planet may cause those who wish to secede to the Separatists to try something rash. He continues observing everything in the room.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:16 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

A voice from outside the room interrupts the introductions.

"Friends, I believe if there are any security problems on Taurmus, I should be the first to know, even before young Umrak's bodyguard."

A Mon Calamarian wearing a blue uniform that everyone in the room easily recognizes as the suit of a Mon Cal prime minister enters the room. He first turns his attention to the Ithorian.

"Thank you for your kind words of wisdom, Bagaw Beedo. They are well-spoken." He nods, then looks to the Jedi. "Jedi friends, thank you for coming on such short notice. Your cooperation in this - difficult - situation will be most appreciated."

He then looks over to Umrak's father, who is sitting at the head of the table. "Senator, a word in private if you please."

The two walk out into the hall for about 20 seconds while the rest of you wait in silence. When they return, the Senator announces, "Tarumus Frill Prime Minister Sheeilon Vergos will lead these proceedings. We are ready to begin."

The Prime Minister again enters. "Thank you, Senator Chullan." He makes his way to the chair where Chullan had been seated, at the head, and sits down. Chullan stands behind him.

"Now, friends, tell me why our people should remain with the Republic at this time."

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:02 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

<After allowing the stunned silence to grow to a pregnant pause, Umrak answer simply and sharply. He glances at his father, then continues on his own...>

"Profit."

<Umrak allows his answer the same pause before continuing... watching the faces of the crowd before he continues... seeking to time his words for maximum effect.>

"Simply put, I believe that taking an early stand, on either side of this brewing conflict, will cost us. It will cost us in direct costs... armaments... lives... and in indirect costs... trade opportunities. Remaining with the Republic allows them..."

<Umrak nods towards the Republic representatives>

"... to take the brunt of the costs, while we remain active traders. War is risky to profit at best. All too often honest businessmen fall victim to greater conflict."

<Umrak then glances around to see if his words took effect..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

(Persuasion check - natural 20!)

Everyone nods in agreement, but the Prime Minister speaks.

"Umrak, you words express wisdom beyond their years," he says. "However, sometimes profit cannot be the sole concern. It's always possible that after the war, if it comes to war, the colony worlds will be expected to shoulder the burden of paying off the debts incurred during it, through increased taxes or possible invasion by another contingent who wants to expand its territory."

There is a pause as all eyes turn toward to the Prime Minister. He looks around the room. "Besides, we have another concern. The people. Outside." He points toward the window. "Even now, they are rioting in the streets. Rioting for change, for support of the Separatist movement. They do not believe the Republic can really protect them, am I wrong?" Chullah nods in agreement, as the Prime Minister looks down the table at the Jedi. "What would you have me tell them? What evidence do you bring that will convince them that continued membership in the Republic is in the best interest of all of Tamurus Frill? What evidence do you bring that if a Separatist invasion fleet of Battle Droids enters this star system, the Republic will come to their aid?"

He looks back to Umrak. "Young Umrak, your words are wise. But how can we have profit if our people are wiped out?"

Turning back to the Jedi he again asks. "What evidence have you brought, friends?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:01 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

The Republic has no army, Prime Minister, as I am sure you are aware, but I am also sure that you are aware of the fact that there has only been one "Invasion" from the federation in the last 20 years (Naboo). The republic sent the aid of the Jedi Knights to advise the Nubian leadership at that time. If there is such a conflict here, then I am more than confident that the Republic would send a team of Jedi not unlike the three of us sitting before you to advise your military leaders, and do whatever is necessary to restore peace within your system. That is what we do after all, keep peace.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:53 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

<Umrak pauses, then when it is clear no one is racing to respond, speaks again>

"Pardon my ignorance, mighty Jedi, but are you answering the Prime Minister's query by stating that a jedi counselor team would be how you would stop a fleet of battle droids? Surely the Republic would do more?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

<Bagwaw Beedo looks to the assembled personages to his right, then to his left. He stands again.>

"Perhaps the full situation-on has not been clarified for all parties-ies. For those unsure of the willingness of the Republic to respond with force, the jedi-i counselor team has been dispatched to prevent the arrival of a Republic interdiction fleet-eet. This presupposes the willingness of the Republic to act."

"Also curious are the statements of the wise Prime Minister-ster. It is said-aid that the citizens riot in support of the Separatist cause, yet they require the protection of the Republic from Separatist invasion fleets-eets. One can only assume that they do not riot in favor of a battle droid invasion, unless the difficulties of the peace-eace loving peoples of Naboo are not here known-own? Very curious-ous."

"It would seem-eem that the choice before the leaders of Tarumus Frill-ill is to side with the Separatists and suffer an immediate blockade-ade, or to remain with the Republic, and fear the possibility of a future Separtist attack-ack. A certainty versus a possibility seems-eems a clear choice-oice."

"If this is not the situation, then perhaps-aps more clarity is required for negotiations to bring us together."

<The young Ithorian folds his hands together, looks again one way and the other, and returns to his seat.>

Last edited by omnimpotent on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

OOC- Say, what would a curious Ithorian find on the subject of Tarumus Frill if he were to consult the entry in Encyclopedia Galactica as they travelled towards it on a standard transport? So far, we know it's in the Mon Cal system, it has a strong economy, and at least it's ruling class seems to be Mon Calamari. I wouldn't expect too much in depth, but what's the planet like, population, races, main industries, interesting life forms, notable trivia? Also, a little new to the PbP format, should I be asking questions like this here, on the older thread, by Private Message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:35 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

omnimpotent wrote:
OOC- Say, what would a curious Ithorian find on the subject of Tarumus Frill if he were to consult the entry in Encyclopedia Galactica as they travelled towards it on a standard transport? So far, we know it's in the Mon Cal system, it has a strong economy, and at least it's ruling class seems to be Mon Calamari. I wouldn't expect too much in depth, but what's the planet like, population, races, main industries, interesting life forms, notable trivia? Also, a little new to the PbP format, should I be asking questions like this here, on the older thread, by Private Message?

Tarumus Frill is a Mon Calmari controlled world. The Senator's family operates a large shipping yard here where Mon Cal luxury vessels are built. The family also dabbles in other products that have proven quite lucrative, and most of the people here either work directly for the family company or one of the "support" businesses that are needed to help the company function adequately.

Beyond the planet's main city, the world of Tarumus Frill is sparsely setteled. Lush vegetation makes up much of the three large continents, and there is a sizeable ocean flowing between them.

As for the procedure of posting questions, you may ask here, or PM me if you prefer the other players not to know what you're asking.

Now back to the game... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The Prime Minister looks over at Bagaw Beedo, shaking his head.

"Perhaps I misspoke before," he says, somewhat solemnly. "The people outside are not rioting because they want us as their leaders to join this world to the Separatist movement. They are rioting because they are afraid of what will happen if we don't. They are rioting out of fear, of panic. I had hoped that the bill to create a clone army and give the Chancellor emergency powers would silence my people's fears, but even now word has reached me that the Senate is divided on the issue, and those who would oppose the bill are gathering on Coruscant to put the matter to a vote."

The Prime Minister reaches for his drink setting on the conference table and drinks deep before continuing.

"I would rather not abandon the Republic, as our membership within has served this world well for over 500 years," he continued. "But I serve the people, and if the Republic cannot stand against a few disgruntled star systems, then I must do what I can to protect our people."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

(The GM awaits a response...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:44 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

<Umrak turns to look at the Jedi as well, and waits expectantly for a reply. Impatient as he often is, he finally poses the question more directly...>

"Perhaps the Prime Minister seeks a solution from this august body... one that will give answers to the people as well as the government."

<Umrak then looks again at the Jedi assembled...>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

<Sartoris shifts his weight somewhat nervously, and uncrosses his arms, letting them hang to his sides. The quietness of the Jedi makes him uneasy and slightly suspicious...>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:35 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

<Bagwaw meditates on the deep wisdom of the jedi negotiators. With such a long delay, all present will be giving their full attention to whatever they have to say. Whatever they say next shall certainly sway the rulers of Tarumus Frill to their cause, or all may be lost. Words of great import and deep meaning are sure to be uttered, that may sway the course of the very galaxy.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:14 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

<One of the three Jedi counselors, a surprisingly young pale lavender twi'lek girl in an outfit modest by twi'lek standards but almost shockingly inappropriate in a diplomatic setting such as this, shifts restlessly in her seat and brushes a delicate hand along her lekku. She suddenly blushes, realizing that the assembled audience is expecting a response, and that her companions. She stands, and speaks quickly and forcefully.>

"Prime Minister, Chancellor Palpatine has proven quite adept at dealing with the Senate to date, and I am certain his will shall prevail on this issue as well. I expect that the Republic will begin construction of it's own droid army within the year. Once mobilized, the Republic resource advantage will overwhelm the separatists.

"The Republic has stood for a thousand years Prime Minister, and if we continue to be blessed with strong leadership like Chancellor Palpatine and Master Yoda, the Republic will stand for a thousand more. It is folly to side with the separatists. Their movement was over before it began."

<The young Jedi returns to her seat. She stares nervously around the room, hoping her comments are well received.>

<Her name is Gaani T'vo, and this is her first mission, but she forgot to introduce herself.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:30 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

<sorry for my delay, I have my capstone coming up and all of my time has been consumed in preparation. I won't really be able to rejoin this for another week or so>

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:34 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

<Umrak once again inserts into the pause... finding himself drawn to the conflict unfolding before him>

"If I may, Prime Minister... my dear Jedi... while we may seem a minor world in the face of the entire Republic, telling us that our dilemma is 'folly' is unlikely to win us over. While I myself feel that there is much to be lost with siding with the Separatists, I also understand the Prime Minister's point regarding our people and their concerns. It is very easy to sit back and state how the Republic shall prevail... and indeed perhaps it shall... but again the question remains... what do we tell the people? What do we bring to them other than empty promises of a Republic that seems to expect obedience without support? Vague references to droid armies yet to even begin construction are unlikely to convince the masses... those who will be caught in the crossfire should the Separatists come here and should we try to stand against them.

So again... what does the Republic bring other than these promises? What support will we have? Please be specific... as this decision is a real one... and not one to be taken as lightly as you may wish it to be taken."

<Umrak sits back and surveys the room... looking to see how the Jedi will react. His words were provocative on purpose... if these Jedi are truly here to help, perhaps this will get them into action...>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

<what was our exact mandate for this mission and what exactly are we able to say about the republic? Basically we have been blowing smoke at these diplomats with very little amunition. I need to know exactly what I can and cannot say, also what am I authorized to do for them/>

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:02 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
<what was our exact mandate for this mission and what exactly are we able to say about the republic? Basically we have been blowing smoke at these diplomats with very little amunition. I need to know exactly what I can and cannot say, also what am I authorized to do for them/>

The Jedi High Council knows this planet could be an important staging point for attacks into the core systems of the Republic. They have instructed you to settle the matter peaceably. Obviously, the Prime Minister wants something or he wouldn't even allow this meeting to take place, let alone attend it.