logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Darth Sidious, Hologram
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:24 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Long time reader, long time player, but first post. This figure was inspired by Fool's Darth Sidious, The Phantom Menace and the Bacta Tank article on Grievous Jedi Hunter. Obviously the new Veers Hologram coming out played a part as well. I like simple figures without a ton of rules, and here is certainly a simple piece to help make the Separatist Sith more playable, if not exactly meta:

Darth Sidious, Hologram
Separatist
Cost: 20
HP: NA Def: NA Atk: NA Dam: NA
SA: Unique, Hologram (Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack, be damaged, or count as a legal target. Does not provide cover. This character is defeated when it activates and there are no allies within 2 squares)
CE: Allies within 6 squares with a force rating gain Jedi Hunter.

Wipe them out... all of them.

And that's it. Instant synergy will all the high priced Sep beatsticks out there. Not only is Grievous, JH playable, but Maul and Dooku are scary. Heck even Komari is borderline playable. The only thing I'm not sure of is the point cost, but I'll leave speculation on that up to you guys. Again, not meta, but man does it make a force of Separatist Sith a scary proposition if you use Jedi. Let me know what you guys think.

And of course, the sculpt could look something like this:

http://www.thecollectorzone.com/images/ ... 9358_s.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:15 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

This guy should be defeatable some other way, its just too powerful otherwise for 20 points. Imagine maris(what Komari should have been) brood with this guy, she would own the place. Attacking Jedi for +13, 30 dmg a hit is freaky. Include Also include that it counts as Darth Sidious. Maybe CE affect only uniques? Dark Side Adepts are a lot more dangerous now also. 30 dmg against Jedi on a character like that? *shudder*

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 pm 

Well, as for the "counts as Darth Sidious," I did write that it was unique.

But yeah, the point cost is completely up in the air. I have no clue how this should be priced. Maybe upwards of 30? You tell me.

As for defeating it, realize that this piece does nothing to protect the Sith, and nothing to enhance them vs. non-force attuned shooters. They will still get cut to ribbons by good shooters and if you shoot down the one that is within 2 of the hologram, it's gone. If it costs any more, you are running a huge risk allotting that many points to a piece that might not even help you at all if your opponent isn't running a Jedi.

I would probably agree with the "just unique allies" CE. Adepts with Jedi Hunter is kind of silly. Good suggestion Rogue.