logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: I need help, please!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:44 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Okay, I'm usually not the one going and asking for help, but with as much on my plate as there is, I need someone's help.

When I originally took on the task of creating all of the Mass Battles for Gencon, that was my only task. Then, when all of Gencon dropped into my lap, it has gotten swept under the proverbial rug, and I am getting behind, so I come asking for help!

I have two of them done and taken care of, so not stressing over those. I have one other, however, which has gotten no attention whatsoever, and I turn to you guys for help.

The Mass Battle is the Clone Wars. The two battles represented are the original Battle of Geonosis, and the Jedi Temple Attack, the alpha and omega of the Clone Wars, per se.

Obviously, the Geonosis map, but I really haven't picked out a good map for the Jedi Temple. That is a great first step. Then, I need, well, squads made up for the battles. For Geonosis, The Republic would need a representation of each of the survivors of the first attack (IIRC it was 17), and then of course Yoda and plenty of clones. I know I want Ani/Padme on Reek for sure, and any other good fits, point total around 350/400. For the Seps, New Dooku, Jango BH, and lots and lots of Battle Droid types which were in the arena, point total close to the Republic.

For the Jedi Temple, it will be simple. Darth Vader, Sith Apprentice and many, many, many 501st troopers, maybe a few of the commanders, Captain Rex will have to stand in for Commander Appo, since we've never gotten him done, and they take on a legion of non-unique Jedi. Point total about 300.

Just so you know, these battles will have no goals, no objectives, nothing but see your enemy, kill your enemy. You can't simplify it better than that! If you want to help, either post here, PM me, email me, Facebook me, whatever. I just need someone to be creative enough and get me some great squads (and a Jedi Temple Map!), and we'll take it from there. Thank you very much!

--Ray Becker--
dvader831@yahoo.com

Post subject: Re: I need help, please!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

What about Les' geonosis arena battle. It is here in the gamers downloads and looks pretty awesome, although I have never personally tried it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:49 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I made a Geonosis arena one a while back, but it was like, around the time COTF came out or something, LOL. So, would obviously need to be updated. But if somebody wants to steal ideas from it, they are more than welcome to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

urbanjedi wrote:
What about Les' geonosis arena battle. It is here in the gamers downloads and looks pretty awesome, although I have never personally tried it.

It plays pretty well. It has not been updated with any new pieces. That was going to be a project that i was going to work on for Gencon 2012. Boba52 from MN has played it with his group.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:12 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Jedi Temple Map--Jedi Enclave by Matt F.

Imperials

Darth Vader, Sith Apprentice
501st Legion Clone Commander (NU version of Appo)
501st Clone Trooper x11
501st Legion Clone Trooper x12

300 points. 24 acts

Jedi

Voolvif Monn
Jedi Weapons Master
Jedi Knight x3
Jedi Padawan x4
Jedi Guardian x3
Jedi Instructor x3
Youngling x10

300 points 25 acts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Escape from Ossus. :lol:

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg