logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Just making sure (it's hard to remember since it's not printed on the card)

ABM gets cancelled if she takes damage or has to make a save, right? (Wasn't there a 3rd thing?)

So if she has a bodyguard, that takes care of the damage part, right? She can be attacked, but ABM keeps going strong if the bodyguard takes it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 3519
I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.

_________________
"An elegant, easy-to-understand concept or mechanic that accomplishes 95% of what you want is much better than a clunky, obtuse mechanic that gets you 100%" - Rob Daviau

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 6619
Location: Southern IL
Echo wrote:
I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.


Or spends a force point, which is a bit redundant on the characters that currently have a meditation ability, though it could come into play in future sets with zero-time force powers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
swinefeld wrote:
Echo wrote:
I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.


Or spends a force point, which is a bit redundant on the characters that currently have a meditation ability, though it could come into play in future sets with zero-time force powers.


What are the other FPs that are considered "meditation abilities"?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
swinefeld wrote:
Echo wrote:
I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.


Or spends a force point, which is a bit redundant on the characters that currently have a meditation ability, though it could come into play in future sets with zero-time force powers.



Oh, and if it's spends a FP as opposed to makes an attack, then AoOs are good to go?

Kinda funny thinking about a Jedi in a heavy trance, swatting at passerbys


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:38 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 6619
Location: Southern IL
I referred to them as a "meditation" abilities because they are similar. I made up the term. :)

If they make an attack (AoO or otherwise), ABM/FM is cancelled.

My point was that anything that would have Bastila or Atris spending a force point (other than reactivating the power on their turn) would mean they were making an attack, save, or moving faster. In all cases, they aren't meditating anymore.

But, if a future character with ABM or whatever has Force Alter for example, that would cancel the active force ability per the definition.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
swinefeld wrote:
I referred to them as a "meditation" abilities because they are similar. I made up the term. :)

If they make an attack (AoO or otherwise), ABM/FM is cancelled.

My point was that anything that would have Bastila or Atris spending a force point (other than reactivating the power on their turn) would mean they were making an attack, save, or moving faster. In all cases, they aren't meditating anymore.

But, if a future character with ABM or whatever has Force Alter for example, that would cancel the active force ability per the definition.


OK - so Atris' Force Meditation and Bastilla's Advanced Battle Meditation both fall into this category (regardless of the name). Why do I feel like there is a third?

So - the list that ends the ability is:
makes a save roll
damaged
attacks
spends a force point
end of round (Atris)
start of character's next turn (Bastilla)

Anything else?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 6619
Location: Southern IL
I think that's it, aside from immediately nerfing them when declared. (Force Defense/Absorb)

Technically speaking, Dark Force Spirit is a force ability, but it lasts the rest of the skirmish, and once active cannot be cancelled.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 am
Posts: 126
Location: Danville, IL
Sorry for digging this up, but just clarifying something.
If I'm playing Atris and handmaidens with force immune Thrawn against Bastilla. I get the last move and run a hand maiden around the bastilla squad. I get to go first and move far enough to shoot at Bastilla. If I hit her with the first shot, the meditation is cancelled at that point and I would receive my commander effect for the rest of the shots, correct?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Yes, assuming she is not bodyguarded. If she takes damage or has to make a save, then all the rest of the shots are juiced.

And your handmaiden still gets 4 shots either way (printed on the handmaidens card), but just doesn't get Atris's CE (or any other) until Bastilla's ABM gets turned off.


And this is all assuming the handmaiden is not within 6 of Grand Admiral Thrawn. If she is, then Force Immunity means she gets all her applicable CEs even while ABM is active.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 am
Posts: 126
Location: Danville, IL
Yeah, I'm just going on the assumption that I'd need to send her out by herself. I don't see any way I could possibly do it from within Thrawn's force shield. She'd get her shots off and then the Bastilla player would destroy her to make sure she can't shoot again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield