logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Even if we have met the goal, we still need donations. One of the problems before was that not all the donations came through when it was time for Kickstarter to pay Dean. Either the money was not there or the payment had been cancelled. So please do not skip donating or cancel a donation just because we have hit the goal.

Additionally, more donations can mean more sets printed. NO ONE is making money on this, and any left over money will either go toward V-Set 3 or one of the other side projects in development.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:49 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Yep, having extra money will not hurt in anyway. It will allow us to print more of these sets or work on other side projects throughout the year as well.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Additionally, more donations can mean more sets printed. NO ONE is making money on this, and any left over money will either go toward V-Set 3 or one of the other side projects in development.

I specifically asked about this sunject and the response from Ruhk was, "Where did you hear that there is excess planned? Every dollar raised is going towards the printed and distribution of R&R/BoT/EDD."

If you were using this money to fund side projects and future sets that should have been disclosed in the initial post. While I am not accusing anybody of any wrongdoing or planning on doing anything inappropriate, this is certainly the type of information that I wanted before I donated a days pay to this project.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jordan wrote:
I specifically asked about this subject and the response from Ruhk was, "Where did you hear that there is excess planned? Every dollar raised is going toward the printed and distribution of R&R/BoT/EDD."

If you were using this money to fund side projects and future sets that should have been disclosed in the initial post. While I am not accusing anybody of any wrongdoing or planning on doing anything inappropriate, this is certainly the type of information that I wanted before I donated a days pay to this project.

Jordan,

Since I am not part of the design team, play-testing team, fund razing team, editing team, or any other group that was put together to produce this set I would like to add an outside perspective. In the original post the V-set teams asked a community of players to work with them after a major figure in there group stepped down. Trying to work with a set time-line to have the product available at Gencon they asked for $5,000.00 USD (a lot of money in this economy) to produce the three sets that they have been working on. Since they can not make a profit and every dollar must be tracked and accounted for because of Lucous Arts, that money will go to printing and shipping.

To have money left over for future sets requires a lot of ifs to come true. For example if they got enough money to print the cards, and if they get enough money to ship the cards to all the states/countries, and if the demand is not higher than the supply, and if there is not enough money to increase the print run, etc. That is a lot of issues that need to be resolved before money is left sitting in an account till the next set is produced. Now I will say that the hope is that there is extra so people do not have to take money out of there pocket to finish the product, but the reality is that most likely someone will.

I understand that $50.00 USD is a lot of money, not just for you because it is a days waige, but for others because of the increases to the cost of living. This is a comunity project that people are putting together for the love of the game. If you can't afford or are umcumfortable with donating that much do what you can and add your name to the wish list (I think most people got sets last time). Or down load and print the PDF (I know the cards are nicerand more exciting).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I'm not sure what Boris is talking about when he mentions side projects. Things that have been discussed are; vsets 3/4, and mayyyybe another micro set, or an addition epic-type set... ummm.. Starship Battles could be something we look into, but not a major priority.

Look at Boris' comment like this:
If we decided on a number of set to print, print them and ship them.. and find we have X dollars left.. what would we do with it? ... We would use it towards the next community set, or community project that would support the game.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Let me make this perfectly clear. All I am asking for is full disclosure. I do not think this is an unreasonable request considering the fact that you are asking for us to donate to this project. Not to mention the previous issues that need no further discussion.

I would not give $50 to a charity until I knew exactly how the funds are going to be used. I consider this situation to be very similar. I was considering donating money to help fund a project (for a game that enjoy very much and want to see succeed) with some questions / concerns. I asked my questions / voiced my concerns and got most of them answered to my satisfaction. Then I donated the money. This is just being responsible.

I would hope that logic would prevail here and hopefully you(anybody that questions my posts) just accept that I am trying to be responsible with my money while on a limited budget.

To sum things up, in what I hope to be a final post, I am only asking for open and honest communication from the group of people that is asking me to help fund a project that I want to and am supporting. I do not think this is too much to ask.

Let the Force guide you, Dan

P.S. My wife says if there is any money left over should be donated to the Star Wars Miniatures Widows Asssociation :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm 

Not a problem Dan. Totally understand the position you are taking on it, and I'm sure you weren't the only one with questions. We are doing our best to be 100% clear on all of this, upfront, and accounted for. We plan to do an accounting breakdown of spending when the whole thing is done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:13 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Full disclosure is a good safety net and I am glad that the V-set team is going to do that with the second set. Because full disclosure is part of the cash-in-hand accounting system you can only show where the finances are at the current time. So by updating weekly they are on the right road. Adding the quote of printing cost for the expected print run and the projected shipping cost is also a great step. Please keep this level of transparency up, so when you spend money let the community know what was spent and why. (You may wont to keep track of the number of people that donate also.)

I know that Dean is not available right now, but do you have enough information to do a disclosure statement on the last set (money pledged, money received, Kickstart's cut, Amazon's cut, printing cost, shipping cost, and how much was added to make the project work)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Jordan wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

I specifically asked about this sunject and the response from Ruhk was, "Where did you hear that there is excess planned? Every dollar raised is going towards the printed and distribution of R&R/BoT/EDD."

I misspoke. We have discussed some random ideas of things we could do if we raised more than the goal, things we could make and distribute so that the money is constantly being funneled back to the community through special items (ie promo cards, bonus sets, bonus cards, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING has been decided, as we weren't even sure we would make the goal.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hey design team, thank you so much for all your hard work. We see the heart behind all the your efforts and recognize the situation you have been put in by the previous arrangement. I have lost my money since I was one of the first to donate when paypal first went live for set 2. I have donated for the new set again. So this second set is going to cost more than I thought it would. We are all on a limited budget right now but compared to the amount I used to spend on this game buying boosters this is nothing. I still win in the end. Your desire to be as transparent as possible has been noted by most of us in the community otherwise the donation results would not be what they are. The point is that there is always a small risk when making transactions over the internet. It is what it is. I appreciate your humility in jumping through the hoops of previous post-ers. Most of us understand that we are not entitled to anything and we are just excited that there are people skilled and dedicated enough to keep the game we all love alive. From our play group we say THANK YOU!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

RandThye wrote:
Hey design team, thank you so much for all your hard work. We see the heart behind all the your efforts and recognize the situation you have been put in by the previous arrangement. I have lost my money since I was one of the first to donate when paypal first went live for set 2. I have donated for the new set again. So this second set is going to cost more than I thought it would. We are all on a limited budget right now but compared to the amount I used to spend on this game buying boosters this is nothing. I still win in the end. Your desire to be as transparent as possible has been noted by most of us in the community otherwise the donation results would not be what they are. The point is that there is always a small risk when making transactions over the internet. It is what it is. I appreciate your humility in jumping through the hoops of previous post-ers. Most of us understand that we are not entitled to anything and we are just excited that there are people skilled and dedicated enough to keep the game we all love alive. From our play group we say THANK YOU!

+1
I was actually the first person to donate for R&R (the first time around), and I, too, have donated again. And I too consider the money to be well-spent. I'm happy to spend $100 for these new cards.

There is a LOT of work that goes on behind the scenes in the process of producing a new V-set, so I hope the design team continues to feel well-supported by the community...I would imagine that it is encouraging to them that we not only met, but surpassed the funding goal! Cheers to the Design Team!

Now if I could just find a way to get me some customs of all these figs.... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Just donated $50 for all three sets. So that is $90 dollars including my original donation. Well worth it IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:52 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
I know that Dean is not available right now, but do you have enough information to do a disclosure statement on the last set (money pledged, money received, Kickstart's cut, Amazon's cut, printing cost, shipping cost, and how much was added to make the project work)?

All I know is that the Printing cost was ~1670 USD. I don't know anything else.

We will continue to do our best to let everyone know what is going on. Here's something; we expect to me able to use the same printer as DotF, so the card quality and feel should be the same. :)

I've been tracking the donations as they come in via paypal. It's accessible by the others that are overseeing the account (myself, Bill, Engineer(Eric L) and Ray).

I should also note that if you donated before, and we unable to get a refund, I've managed to track down the donations info, so you'll be getting a set. If you have donated again, many thanks! I'm sure you'll love the product. :D

As always, we appreciate candid discussion with the community about money and goals and such. So, keep it up :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

How close is the total now?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Disturbed1 wrote:
How close is the total now?

They passed the $5000 funding goal but are asking that people still donate if they can so that they can make sure to have enough for any unseen expenses during shipping and such.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm 

$5039! Woot Goal met.

With that I can happily announce that all three sets are officially going to print. Remember, just because we hit the goal, does not mean your donation is not needed. If you can afford it, and would like these cards, please continue to donate. We still have DotF bills to pay, incidental expenses with shipping beyond our 800, and the desire to print even more of these than originally planned if possible! So please keep the donations coming in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Additionally, we had some donations for DotF that didn't clear, so your donation that you are about to make could offset that if it happens with this set. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

:saber: 8-)

I know that a full set list for RnR has been given to help member get figures if they with to make customs. When will a list be available for BOT and the Epic set? for same reason.

As for any money over, I would prefer it gets put towards set 3 to bring the total amount need down for that set. rather than put towards side products

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Set Lists and RMs for BoT will be released at the discretion of designers.

I thiiink the set list for EDD will be released shortly before GenCon, just so event players know which RMs or customs to bring.. so you have to wait :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Also if there if extra money left over, then we can have a V-Set 3 kitty of money already raised. Should be great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next