logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Perfect re-make of the Boba, Young Merc piece: What Say You?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:26 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Clone Cadet 'Lucky', Separatist Infiltrator

Faction: Separatist
Cost:28

Hit Points: 60
Defense: 18
Attack: 12
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Unique (Counts as Boba Fett)
Accurate Shot (Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Impulsive Jedi Hunter (If a Unique allied character is defeated, for the remainder of the skirmish this character has Jedi Hunter)
Intuition (Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates)
Stealth (If this character has cover, it does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Death Trap (Replaces turn: 80 damage to target and to each adjacent character within 12 squares regardless of line of sight; must make 2 saves of 6 to negate.)
Clone Cadet Imposter (Clone Cadet 'Lucky' is not considered a legal target for enemies in the Republic faction until he has made an attack or used abilities that replaces turn or attacks during a skirmish.)

Flavor Text: "A young Boba Fett infiltrated the ranks of the Grand Army of the Republic posing as a clone cadet in order to get close enough to exact his revenge upon Mace Windu, the Jedi who killed his father."

Post subject: Re: Perfect re-make of the Boba, Young Merc piece: What Say You?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I think Impulsive Jedi hunter ought to come from an allied Jango dying, not from any other unique, but thats just me.

Also, regarding Death Trap. I assume save of 11, and its a cool idea, but thats ALOT of rolling, and an ability that could slow the game down dramatically every time he uses it.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I dont think it would be as dramatic in time consumption as you might think. There are very few times in any game where you'll find more than 2 enemy characters bunched up and adjacent to one another. So Im going to have to disagree with you there. If it were a real ability and it was a save of 11 instead of my two saves of 6 (which mechanic already exists in this game, ie Avoid Defeat) then it would out-do Kouhoun Infestation, which I wouldnt want to see :(

Very much appreciate your thoughts :D

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Death Trap seems like a broken ability to me. A simple swap squad swapping him into position could literally tear apart your opponent's squad in one turn. (Range 12 radius is pretty darn large). And with an Attack of +12; he has more Attack than his Mercenary version; which is kind of ironic. Just my two cents.