logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Darth Nihilus, Lord Of Hunger-- Redux
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Stats taken from an earlier mod of mine, modified for a more balanced usable piece.

Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Cost: 65
Faction: Sith
HP: 130
Def: 20
Atk:10
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack/Double Attack
Lord of Hunger: This character must end his turn next to an enemy with a Force Rating, if possible.
Life Drain 10: If a character begins it's turn while within 4 squares of Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger, that character takes 10 damage, save 11. Damage dealt this way heals Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger of the same amount.
Wound in the Force: When this character's Force Points becomes 0, he is automatically Defeated. Only usable after this character has taken damage, an enemy character within 6 squares may spend 2 Force to Defeat this character, save 6. This effect replace that enemies turn.

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Sith Hunger 50: Force 5, Replaces Attacks, target enemy within 6 squares takes 50 Damage and Remove 50 Damage from this character. (This character's hit points cannot go above his starting hit points.) If possible remove up to 3 Force from target and add 3 to this character.
Sith Hatred 30: Force 3, Usable only on this character's turn, 30 damage to all characters within 4 squares.
Force Storm 4: Force 4, Replaces attacks50 Damage to each adjacent character, these characters are considered activated this round, save 16.
Force Lightning 3: Force 3, Replaces Attacks; Range 6 40 damage to target and 2 adjacent to that target. Huge or smaller characters are considered activated this round, save 16.

"He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies… sacrificing itself to his hunger."
-Visas Marr

Last edited by DarkLordVerjal on Thu May 12, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Darth Nihilus, Lord Of Hunger-- Redux
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Gonna be honest, I'd never play him if someone within 6 squares can just replace their attack and force me to make a save of 6. I have...trouble...making saves, even saves of 6, lol. Maybe make it "Replaces Turn" and 4 Force Points. Either way, very unique ideas!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:06 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Damn, still? I took the critique from the OOOLD thread I made(you said the same thing there, lol), hm. Perhaps replaces turn is a better idea, since his stats are low and his "Wound in the Force" is already a hindrance.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm 

Haha, I said the same thing before? Yeah, I still have problems with saves. Especially on Vassal. I get a rare awesome moment where I make 14 Evade saves in a row (ask LoboStele, he couldn't believe I kept making the saves) but overall I do tend to get screwed, lol.

But as I said, everything else about him is really awesome. Maybe change "Wound in the Force" to where Nihilus has to be at half Hit Points or below. Especially now with Ugs getting Force Points thanks to HoloSids.

This is this scenario. You're going up against the new Darth Revan SL and he uses Double Speed, Master Speed, and Move Faster to move 20 squares and get within 6 of you. He swaps out for a Human Force Adept who can automatically spend 2 FP to try and kill him. Maybe giving Nihlus Mettle? That would make him damn near impossible to kill. I'd definitely play him at that point ^_^

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

I see what you're saying, but then I fear he becomes pretty broken, either giving him mettle or making Wound in the Force wait till half health. Hm, perhaps adding "Only usable after this character has taken damage" could be a nice compromise.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:59 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

definitely a beast. I think he is well costed as he is; considering that pros would use him to strike first. Remember; for WITF its a save 6; and your opponent has to spend two FP; and it replaces their turn (which might not be a preferable option to most melee beats that could deal actual damage); and on top of that Nihilus has MOTF2 so he can reroll that save 6 twice....if i did my calculations correctly that means a 1.5625 percent chance of Nihilus missing three straight saves; lol!

However; he is not broken either. Shooter can take him down FAST; as well as Melee beats as well (as long as they strike quickly). Probably best paired with Revan SL for major swapping. Awesome piece BTW.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, he's a great piece...but like nearly all the sith, far too expensive to build into a squad with the other expensive sith pieces. An important factor for cost-evaluation: will he be able to kill 65pts worth of pieces before he dies? Because if you pair him with Revan, then you're paying 130 pts for two pieces, which means that after tech and fodder considerations, you've got very little left for other attackers.

I'd love to see a playable 40pt version of Nihilus...that piece would have potential with Revan!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Thanks CremeBrule, appreciate the kind words.

Tint;
I forget who pointed it out, but back when Sith were first introduced it was said that the reason the "Big Time" where so pricey was because of their power AND because rarely did you ever see more then 2(max 3) Sith Lords together at a time, Revan+Malak, Nihilus+Sion, Bane+Zannah, Vader+Palpatine. Not saying it's the rule of 2 in SWM form, just something that appeared from the start of their introduction. Making a 40pt Nihilus, personally, makes absolutely zero sense to me from both a game standpoint and a character standpoint.

There is many pieces you can have to be army builders, and for instance just have a generic piece with low end Life Drain/Soth Hunger powers. There is no shortage of characters in the Star Wars universe, no need to downgrade poor Nihilus to suit the role of Army Builder. I would love to make a cheap "Sith Sorcerer" piece with a lower version of Nihilus powers, just say the word. :)