logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

billiv15 wrote:
Dear SWMs community,
1) V-set funding. First, I’ve set up a new Paypal account for V-set funding. This is very important. Those that have already donated to R&R through the old account, need to file a claim with paypal against Dean. There is no other way at this time to deal with this unfortunately. Paypal claims are easy, simply go to the site and look it up.

Just to clarify, a dispute and a claim are two different things in PayPal. You file a dispute, then escalate it to a claim. The normal process requires that you spend a certain number of days dealing with the seller before a dispute automatically becomes a claim, but you are suggesting that we escalate the dispute to being a claim right away, correct?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Unfortunately for those who donated >45 days ago, the dispute goes right to closed status.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

nuksaa wrote:
Unfortunately for those who donated >45 days ago, the dispute goes right to closed status.

Wow! That is horrible, I'm sure there is a way to get a hold of them and explain.

I donated Mar 26 (44 Days ago!!!)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Yeah, after 45 days a transaction is essentially set in stone.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Just sent across $50, which is about all I can spare at the moment. Out of a moral desire to actually pay for what I'm getting, how much does it cost to print of a set?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hmm, I guess I'll just be getting 1 set this time. No way we can afford $100 for 2 sets.

WWJD

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

paypal just told me that it was too late to file a claim. and that they will not refund my money. they closed the claim within 5 minutes of me opening it. I donated on march 14th so they will not allow we to get my money back.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

keith wrote:
nuksaa wrote:

Wow! That is horrible, I'm sure there is a way to get a hold of them and explain.

yeah an unfortunately for me that means that i cannot afford to donate again. is there anyone we can contact about this issue?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

DarthJawa wrote:
paypal just told me that it was too late to file a claim. and that they will not refund my money. they closed the claim within 5 minutes of me opening it. I donated on march 14th so they will not allow we to get my money back.

Same situation here... donated $40 on March 11th. I filed a claim but the status was changed to Closed, and no other option were given.

I went ahead and donated $55 to the new account. I'll donate $45 more if I get the original $40 back.

Donation came from Rachel Rosas, Michigan.

Last edited by trey22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:21 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Shipping/Pointman suggestion:

Obviously, part of the cost of the donated amount goes to cover the shipping to each pointman, who is then responsible to get the sets to all those in their state/country. For those outside the US, the amount is even higher, cause you have to cover the higher shipping cost for yourself...even though only one package will be mailed to each country outside the US.

I think the pointman for each are ought to given a discount of some sort on their amount needed to donate, if they would like to take it. Reasoning being that if they have to mail out several sets because some of the people just dont live near them, that can add up to being alot of extra money out of their pocket.

Just a suggestion, and I wouldnt think all pointment would use the discount if offered, but it may make the difference for someone.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I also have an undetermined amount of Shadow Stormtrooper promos available at the price Bill quoted earlier ($7 for 10).

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:08 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I don't know if this will work or not.

If you have paypal set up through your credit card and are over the 45 day limit, I would contact the credit card company and tell them to stop the payment if possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
We raised about $1600 for DotF and in the end it was not enough even with the extra donations to cover the costs of shipping and production. So we have upped the request this time around to cover what we now know are the accurate costs.

According to Kickstarter $3161.00 were raised for DotF. For the sake of transparency, please provide an explanation.

The explanation is that exactly one person had access to these funds and that no one else knew anything other than what he told us about what happened. When Bill says "we raised about $1600" the literal translation is "What Dean told is that he collected about $1600 from the community through Kickstarter..." We can only take him at his word as we have no way to confirm or deny anything about it, and are doing the best we can to move forward under very difficult circumstances.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:02 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Disturbed1 wrote:
Shipping/Pointman suggestion:

Obviously, part of the cost of the donated amount goes to cover the shipping to each pointman, who is then responsible to get the sets to all those in their state/country. For those outside the US, the amount is even higher, cause you have to cover the higher shipping cost for yourself...even though only one package will be mailed to each country outside the US.

I think the pointman for each are ought to given a discount of some sort on their amount needed to donate, if they would like to take it. Reasoning being that if they have to mail out several sets because some of the people just dont live near them, that can add up to being alot of extra money out of their pocket.

Just a suggestion, and I wouldnt think all pointment would use the discount if offered, but it may make the difference for someone.

I'm totally good with that idea. Since international shipping is different to a degree for every country, if each of you will take a look at shipping costs to your location from Lansing, MI, then send me via PM an estimate, I will be happy to work out a discount for pointmen.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Now that things are moving forward again, I'm just delaying until I have some spare change to donate.

Thanks to all you guys for keeping this going in spite of the adverse circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am 
General
General

I understand if it will be $50 per set as indicated in this thread. That is different than the donate and we'll get sets out to people previously. Can I still get extra set(s) per donation for the local kids as we did last time?

I've filed my claim with PayPal and will donate to the new account.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:48 am 

Chargers wrote:
I understand if it will be $50 per set as indicated in this thread. That is different than the donate and we'll get sets out to people previously. Can I still get extra set(s) per donation for the local kids as we did last time?

I've filed my claim with PayPal and will donate to the new account.

Yes, to be clear, the difference here is not that 50 buys you all the cards. It's that each full set of all 82 cards costs us about 50 to make and ship. We should still end up with a few extras to send to people who really can't donate like the kids at various stores. And obviously if you are donating as a group, you can knock a few bucks off per set because we can combine shipping to you. Let's say $5 per set or so. So 2 sets would be 90, 3 135, 4 180, etc. But everyone who is able is welcome to donate additional funds to help cover costs for anyone who isn't able to pay.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:04 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, nothing has changed. We are not "selling" cards. We do feel like people who support the project should have first option to get cards, though. Please if you can do so, do more than the minimum suggestion. As Dean once said, if you would be willing to pay for the product for WotC at literally hundreds of dollars at a time and you want a set of cards, why not give to help? The more we raise, the more sets can be printed. Probably not this time around, but in the future, if we go above the goal, that is money we can and will use for future sets, as well as other cool stuff like support of league kits, "promo" cards, etc. We have lots of great ideas of how to keep this community alive, but we need everyone's help to do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:27 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

DarthJawa wrote:
keith wrote:
nuksaa wrote:

yeah an unfortunately for me that means that i cannot afford to donate again. is there anyone we can contact about this issue?

If Paypal is tied to your credit card, many have 60 day protection plans against fraud. Contact your vendor ASAP.

If Paypal is tied directly to your bank account, you're probably out of options except hounding the sender (which, by the sound of it, will be an exercise in frustration?)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

DarthJawa wrote:

Yeah, I'm unfortunately in the same situation for now, though I fortunately donated less than 45 days ago. Hopefully when or if I get something back I'll be able to help out again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next