logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Gray Jedi *
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

You can make that distinction in the future piece if necessary. (Gray Jedi Knight, etc) No reason to mess with the name here.

(2 cents: I like this guy for NR and OR. I don't care for him for Rep. 26 seems cheap for triple attack regardless, but the squad-switching is a pretty dangerous wildcard regardless of price. He's going to singlehandedly lose you some games.)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The issue is forward thinking, too though. Sure he's not that big of a deal now, but it could really hamper future design decisions for the OR. I think it's kind of funny that we went from people questioning why it didn't have affinity for Republic to why it didn't also have it for OR to now, why can't it keep OR.... I still say just drop Affinity completely. I don't want this guy to have MDS issues down the line. Not to mention it was never tested for OR with the current batch of stuff. I can see it being a problem with Thon, and maybe some others.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:11 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Wait, you can see it being a problem with Thon, but you don't think he's a potential problem with Leia??? I really don't understand that thinking Dennis. This guy is a potential problem in all three factions. I'm not convinced Republic is even the worst, but clearly they have the most options. Either way, I think the cost needs to go up a bit, and we should just keep the guy in the OR/NR.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Wait, you can see it being a problem with Thon, but you don't think he's a potential problem with Leia???

Completely out of context. Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I talked to Tim at Kokomo, he said his issue about it being in Republic was because of things like R2 and Panaka, with heavy movement breakers. But he didn't know about Thon, because he didn't test that piece. So he made the suggestion - again presumably without knowing we had already done so - that we give the piece to the OR instead. So when I say I can see it being a problem with Thon, what I mean is that it could be a problem with untested movement breakers. Because honestly, and this is the other thing I was saying, it was NEVER tested in OR from anything I've looked through. So if someone did, I certainly didn't see the reports about it. I think if the piece is that much of an issue that we better damn well make sure we did test it in OR before we slap Affinity on there.

And please for the love of God tell me someone did playtest it with Leia. I was thinking a few people did, but I will have to go back and read the notes again.

Quote:
I really don't understand that thinking Dennis. This guy is a potential problem in all three factions. I'm not convinced Republic is even the worst, but clearly they have the most options. Either way, I think the cost needs to go up a bit, and we should just keep the guy in the OR/NR.

The cost can go up, that's fine - but let's just make sure it is tested in all of the factions we drop it in. I hope also that that clears up the understanding of my thinking. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 am 

Have to hear from David and Daniel. I'm pretty sure there were Leia tests, but I don't consciously remember at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

We tested it lol. Dan played leia, wedge, 2/3 of them and a tbsv + other stuff. I forget what I ran against it but we found the lack of using force to do anything as far as movement goes really really hampers them. Sure they got greater mobile but clogging up doors wasn't that hard against it.

I think I turned 2 of them into rakghouls lol.

As far as testing them in other factions that hasn't been done by me. I think Graham looked into that for republic that was in the playtest thread somewhere. He said playing ferus was pretty much always the better call unless your playing a bunch of them. Also the jwm is probably still better in the long run.

As far as OR goes I haven't had anything done with that. With no movement breakers to speak of outside of thon it shouldn't be an issue IMO. I'll gladly do a few games if you'd like me to though dennis.

As far as costing I see him as a 30 point gamble piece. He could do awesome and destroy everything and he could choke and cost you the game. Don't cost him more then the wookiee Jedi though or that will really kill his table time.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, let's test them, if you have time within the next week or so. I will try to mess around with them in a few OR builds as well, just because we are down to the wire. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Well, he never had OR affinity so there was never a reason, until now, to test him with Thon. If Shawn and I get a game in this week, we will do so. Any suggestions for opposing squad?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Any updates on this? I'm hoping to do a test game or 2 this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I haven't had a chance yet, the new jobs hours are taking some getting used to. I'll yet and get to it today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Weeks wrote:
I haven't had a chance yet, the new jobs hours are taking some getting used to. I'll yet and get to it today or tomorrow.

Do or do not. There is no yet. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Shawn and I will play a game tomorrow, may just do it against my Mira Cannon squad...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:53 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Shawn and I will play a game tomorrow, may just do it against my Mira Cannon squad...

Got one in on Friday, I wasn't terribly concerned. Granted, I had Mira's Accurate Shot so I just pelted the Gray Jedi and ignored Thon, but I still don't see it as to much of an issue.

Mount, Skiff and Troop Cart are some of the worst movement breakers in the game in that the carried figure has to waste a round to initiate it. At least Mount is on a more playable figure... If it wasn't broken with levitate, Tow Cable or Swap, it's not going to be broken here.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

So where are we at with this? Leaving Affinity for both Republic and OR and upping the cost to 31?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So does anything need changed on this card?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
So where are we at with this? Leaving Affinity for both Republic and OR and upping the cost to 31?

I stand by what I said before. Remove affinity from Republic (NR and OR only), and up the cost to 30. But honestly, with an upped cost to 30, I have little problem with Republic faction. So if it creates a location problem (as in changing set numbers), just change the cost and be done with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you are fine with an increase in cost and leaving affinity, then I would prefer that as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 am 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
If you are fine with an increase in cost and leaving affinity, then I would prefer that as well.

I'm agreeable today, go for it :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Update

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I want to show this thread off as the "designers' preview" the way we did with some of the DotF figures. Any objections? Post them within 12 hours. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next